Reviews for The True Measure of Character and Confidence
Now that is what I call good writing. Seriously I'd love to see it continue! Best barbie charm school fanfic Ive found - I have the "itch" after watching the movie too. And this is tad satifying to read.
MagicPenDory chapter 3 . 2/24
This is awesome! :D You did a good job with your imagination to come up with all this, hope it gets updated soon! I really liked it
Lasting Violet chapter 3 . 12/27/2015
I know that this hasn't been updated in a long time, but can you please finish this?
It's amazing!
I'd like to read the ending to this story.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/12/2015
Please update, I want moreeeeeeee!
happyface chapter 3 . 3/16/2013
Sinead176 chapter 3 . 9/7/2012
I loved the intricately detailed history in this chapter. Nice job crafting such a complicated family history!

Miss Privet seems to be my favorite character for some reason, so I would love to see more of her in future chapters and get more insight.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I absolutely love this story. It is very well written so PLEASE CONTINUE!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
Nice work! I've always been interested in Delancy. I also liked when we learned about Portia's accident.
CharmStone127 chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
I know this was updated ages ago but I just found it and I think it's really good :) If you ever have the time, I would love to see this continued, and so I will put it on alert on the hope that maybe one day you will have time to update it again!
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
I think you have too many italicized words. It makes it hard to follow.

"Hair" is not a verb... 'continued to look upon the traditionally tightly bun haired, blazer and long skirt attired brunette'

Everyone would be bowing to the princess, even if she didn't want it.

acquaintanceship is not a word

'bit tightly, her former students did manage to take notice of' sudden shift to present tense from past tense

feel free to respond!

'her wheat colored countenance' countancance means 'facial expression', not 'face'.

half the time, when you use within, it should just be 'in' or 'with'
OnFireGeek chapter 3 . 10/15/2011
i love the author's notes. they let us get inside your head. loving the twist on the family schpeel. i hope delancy comes around. and im also hoping that blair/sophia can cut the kingdom some slack (at least during causal cases) and be called blair. but that is just me. i feel kinda awesome, since alex is my name, and alexandra privet is just rad gnarly.
MelodyLaurel chapter 2 . 10/15/2011
First of all, I apologize for not reviewing your story(or replying to your message, which I know was very rude, but oh well, it happens.)

Alright, moving on to my review. I loved this chapter, mainly because you've started to develop the characters' backstories and the reasons they are who they are. I found Delancy and Portia's childhood extremely fascinating. So Portia's sleepiness was due to the horseback riding accident she had as a kid? Oh my. I feel sorry for her. But seeing that she didn't break her neck like poor Bonnie Blue and still be able to complete the semester, Portia's far luckier. Well, not really the same accident, but both involved horses. I think.

Delancy, aka Miss Shakira lookalike, is starting to become my favorite character again. In case you didn't know, Delancy used to be my favorite character before the movie was released. I liked her from the way the producers originally planned her to be: A rock star princess, friend of Blair and Hadley(there was no Isla back then. She was added in the last minute to replace Delancy in the main trio, giving Del the role of the antagonist.) But I like her even better in this story. You truly gave more depth to her character by describing her jealousy of Portia's horseback riding skills and the unfortunate consequences. I feel like I can sympathize with her. You know what they say, people can be blinded by envy.

I LOVE Blair and Delancy's conversation. I love how sweet Blair is when she tries to comfort Delancy. Now that's something that only happens in the Barbie world. One day they're sworn enemies(or at least that's the way it was from Delancy's side) and the next day they're sitting there conversing like longtime confidantes. How sweet. And you totally nailed that scene. It leaves me with nothing else to say.

It's nice seeing Delancy getting accepted after everything that happened. First Blair, then Ellen... I can almost feel her joy. There have been moments in my life when I thought I'd lost everything, that I'll have to start it all over without anyone's help. The feeling that you know there are still people who forgive you and accept you for who you are is just exhilarating.

Ah, Ellen's backstory. Now that's what I find truly creative. Giving her a dream of becoming an actress when she was young. That completely changed my view of her. I only saw her the way the movie depicted her: An ill, weak old woman(superficial thought, but that's honestly how I saw her. They described her that way.) Glad to get an insight into her past. I've always been fond of characters with broken dreams. Ah, now I'm absolutely in love with these characters.

Emily, Emily, Emily,... Why do I always have a feeling she'll get jealous and aggresive sooner or later? And all because of Delancy. Poor Shakira lookalike and Emily seem to be getting on the wrong foot right now. Not a good first impression. This is probably going to be tense, but even if it gets dramatic, I will still love it, cause I'm a sucker for dramas.

And lastly... Miss Privet! Everyone's favorite, if her number of fans on Fanpop are anything to go by. This character seems very underrated, I can't wait to read more to find out more about her backstory and well, the way she is who she is. 'Grandfather' by Reverend Lovejoy pulled it quite well, and I can't wait to see what your version of her backstory will be like.

Until next time,

Creme Caramel chapter 2 . 10/14/2011
First of all, I aP
yellow 14 chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
That IS an unexpected twist indeed. Delancy was definitely one of the more interesting characters in the film. At first glance, she's just a spoiled brat, but rather like Draco Malfoy from HP, she grew up. I have a question though. I believe that, if I recall correctly, Dame Privet would be next in mine, before Delancy, if they were related like that. Or have I managed to grab the wrong end of the stick here? Keep updating, it's very interesting