Reviews for Hollow Victory
Trisa Slyne chapter 1 . 3/12
I love and hate Death Note. It brings up a lot of interesting moral dilemmas that are fun to debate but it’s also so depressing and not as action-packed as I’d like that I don’t think I’ll ever watch it again. Anyway, I see you posted this a few years ago so I hope you finished it. :P

I think this is an awesome view of that one scene. You really capture the mixture of emotions that he is feeling. It is also probably to your benefit that you hadn't seen past this point because you were able to focus more on this one scene and not on the future. Even if Light suspected what was to come next, he wouldn't have been doing so in this moment, so I think that was to your benefit.

I hope you don’t mind a slight critique on something so old, so here goes:

You use the word “anticipation” over and over… Try throwing in some synonyms just so it doesn’t get tedious. You use such a vast variety of vocabulary everywhere else that this repetition sticks out.

[forMisa] I think the site ate your space between these two words (I’ve been told it does that in regards to italicized stuff).

[he restrained himself with difficultly] difficulty- you have an extra l in the present word.

[had in fact had turned it into the greatest] too many hads here

I look forward to reading other things of yours!
T2 Angel chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I love Death Note. It's one of my favorite animes and I know pretty much everything about it. Now, with that being said, this... is... AWESOME! I love it! A completely different view into Light's mind at L's death. This is great. A very good look at what could've been a very viable side effect for L's death on Light's end. Awesome! Love it!
PeanutNinja chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I never finished Death Note, much to my friend's annoyance I just got her to tell me the ending. I liked this though, but it made me sad, L shouldn't have died, he was awesome! :(. I like the idea that L was the only one who could challenge Light, and it is realistic that after such a massive cat and mouse game, when L finally died, Light wouldn't help but be a little bit disappointed. In a way does that make Light like a child? As he has a really black and white view of the world of good guys and bad guys, and in the sense that it's almost like he's so smart he's detached himself from reality, and got so caught up in the 'game' between the two of them that he never recognised that it was reality he was messing with until an attack became personal. Idk, I think I'm just tired spraffing now, I haven't read the manga, or finished the anime (blasphemous I know.) Anyway, it's a good story :).
Meowmie chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
FIRETRUCKING AWESOME! _
DrPepper4Ever chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Your writing is stunning. The way you transition from one idea to the next... Wow. Although it was basically a retelling of L's death, you managed to find and manipulate the scene and bring out something that was not covered in the series, and it turned out great. This fits in well with Light and his character. I don't add many stories to my favorite's list, but for this I'll make an exception. Yes, the idea is great no matter where it comes from, but your execution is something to be proud of. Great job, and thanks for posting this!
Ink Reservoir chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I loved it! It was like mine only longer! I love the way you spent more than two sentences describing how he was going to miss L xDD It was really good, you have an awesome style of writing. I really like the title, too. I feel cool for inspiring someone to do something xDD This is going into my favorites for sure!
blensh-lq chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
realistic, and I enjoyed reading.
darling devotee chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Really, really nice! Your writing style's very readable and involving, and as for the subject matter, Light's reaction here is pretty much identical to the version in my personal head-canon, so naturally I enjoyed it very much :) I especially liked the device of having several internal voices arguing back and forth to express Light's progressive mental fragmentation.

A (somewhat rambling) aside: Ah, reading your authors' note, I see you have just watched ep25! Aah so traumatising ;_; I had a very similar reaction to yours after watching it, in that I couldn't see how the tension and intensity of the series could be sustained with L gone. Now, with a few months' distance from watching the series, I have pretty much reconciled myself to canon and accepted L's death as necessary for the effect the authors were trying to create...buut it still hurts dammit! And I love L and Light so much (both individually and as a ship) I can't accept this as the only outcome, and so love the plethora of alternate outcomes and paradigms that fandom provides. Much luck with the rest of the series! :)