Reviews for A Study Of Living With Sherlock Holmes
HOS70 chapter 17 . 12/16/2011
"John already knows what the madman is going to say next. 'Where is the fun in that?' Yeah. He said it." Hee, hee, hee!
HOS70 chapter 16 . 12/16/2011
Ooh, tea and a biscuit for John. Sherlock can be so good if he wants to...

And I'm actually on his side this time. Nosey John! "'I want to know about Afghanistan.' Oh. [...] 'Yes, see now? [...] We have parts of our past... parts that you and I want to know about. When you're ready to tell me about Afghanistan, I'll tell you why I did cocaine.'" Boys-oh-boys, I can't wait for that conversation to happen!
HOS70 chapter 14 . 12/16/2011
"The beaker then breaks and the entire table and the instruments on there are covered in the red liquid. 'Well, that's not good.'" No, I'm sure it's not, but for some strange reason I find it inexplicably funny!

Wow, I'm glad John had a sort of nice chat with his sister. I had a bit of an anxiety attack at first, when she phoned...

" 'I like to avoid being disappointed. I already know the one Watson worth knowing.' Well...that was... Surprising." And also totally and utterly sweet!
HOS70 chapter 13 . 12/16/2011
I had such a wide smile on my face reading this chapter. Christ, John really IS sort of obsessed with Sherlock's (lack of) love life, isn't he? :-)

"You know this conversation is quite odd, even for the two of us." Hee, hee, I would agree...

"Anyway, we've gotten past the subject." "I was hoping for that." Yup, that was quite obvious... And when Sherlock turns the tables on John, it got even better. Serves you right, John. :-)

The ending was excellent:-

"He's holding himself straight, as if expecting to be blasted for his unorthodox ways. [...] 'All right.' Surprise flashes over Sherlock's features. 'What?' 'All right. I.. sort of understand, well I am trying to. Thank you for explaining it.'

John notices the tension in Sherlock disappears, and he seems more relaxed now. 'I'm sorry if I aggravated you,' John adds sincerely. 'I simply wanted to understand.' [...] 'Of course,' Sherlock murmurs."

Brilliant. Sherlock didn't see that coming...
HOS70 chapter 12 . 12/16/2011
I just love John/Lestrade scenes. Obviously, they have at least one common interest, i.e. Sherlock, but I could see them becoming great pals. It was good of Lestrade to fill John in on Sherlock's past drugs habit (John is living with the man, after all), but it was particularly good of him to be concerned he may have scared John off Sherlock.
HOS70 chapter 11 . 12/16/2011
"Sherlock clears his throat then. Nods. John nods in return and heads into the kitchen. Nothing else needs to be said." Men!
HOS70 chapter 10 . 12/16/2011
Is it only my wishful thinking that Sherlock actually stayed in the hospital waiting room for John's benefit, by way of silent support, instead of waiting to interview the boy? Probably. But maybe not... :-)
HOS70 chapter 9 . 12/16/2011
I liked Sherlock opening up to John somewhat, giving him some insight into his mind with his disappointed comments about "people" and Sally in particular. I guess that deep down, Sherlock actually likes Sally. At least now John has some reassurance that Sherlock is not disdainful without reason, be that reason justified or not.
HOS70 chapter 8 . 12/16/2011
A very clever way of the solved case leading us to John establishing without a doubt that he wants to be a part of what Sherlock does. Clearly, Sherlock already takes him somewhat for granted anyway, what with telling the medics that John is on the way.

Sherlock being affronted by John's limp returning was funny (and typical).
HOS70 chapter 7 . 12/16/2011
Interesting. Where are you going with this case, I wonder?

The pattern of Sherlock bouncing his thoughts off John emerges, and John's small contribution towards (hopefully) solving the case.

"When that moment of clarity happened, John knew he should have been up and had his coat on." Well, John, it's early days; we live and learn.
HOS70 chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
See, Sherlock was right: He does need an assistant (I won't offend John by saying "secretary" - only kidding!). :-)
HOS70 chapter 5 . 11/3/2011
Again, in my mind it makes perfect sense that Mike Stamford - having introduced the two lads - is interested in learning how they're getting along.

I would love to belive that Sherlock played his violin in the middle of the night in order to indeed soothe John back to sleep after his nightmare.

Thank you also for coming up with one explanation as to why Sherlock can use the lab at Bart's, I don't know if they can simply be rented by anyone, so your take on why makes for an interesting answer to that question.
HOS70 chapter 4 . 11/3/2011
In my mind it does make total sense that John and Lestrade meet again soon after the cabbie case, and yes, not having Sherlock present, therefore being able to speak candidly definitely helps.

I'm really pleased for Sherlock that John has a genuine interest in the Green Ladder case and Sherlock's work in general. It's about time that Sherlock gets some acknowledgment in one way or another. What with John's interest and his attitude that the world should learn of Sherlock's genius, John's blog will come in handy.

Also, I loved that you brought The Science of Deduction and the messages posted on it into this story!
HOS70 chapter 3 . 11/3/2011
How nice to know that John is independent enough to make up his own mind about Sherlock in time, without being influenced by Sherlock's other aquaintances. First lessons are learnt, what with the carelessly deposited suitcases and the sulk over the lease. And despite the "Don't push" from the previous chapter, John seems to know just how much he can already put his foot down with Sherlock.
HOS70 chapter 2 . 11/3/2011
It's funny to see what hurry Sherlock is in to get John into 221b. Doubtlessly, like he pondered in the first chapter, because he would find trying to recruit another flatmate tedious. But clearly also because he is somewhat intrigued by John and I'm surprised that he actually admits to that out loud.

I found those two bits particularly poignant:-

"Every time Sherlock ran through his deductions during the case, he was talking a mile a minute, as if he couldn't contain the words. If he speaks like that, what must it be like in his head?"

"Sherlock chuckles, and oddly enough it sounds rough, like the two times he heard Sherlock laughing last night. The man obviously never laughed much."

The little quip Sherlock makes at the end of this chapter ("Very good.") lets me hope that he will soon learn to develop a sense of humour. Onto the next chapter...
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »