Reviews for Rats, Why Did It Have To Be Rats?
BlackIceWitch chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
Great ending :)
BlackIceWitch chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
Grossed out but kind of funny too. Poor Dean, is this something Atropos cooked up!
BlackIceWitch chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
Great descriptions but I have to tell you, I was waiting the whole chapter for the cat scream ;)
Woman of Letters chapter 4 . 2/20/2012
I thought this whole story was great - and I loved the halo effect around Sam at the end and Dean's final thought. But since you mentioned this farmer's ghost at the beginning, I kept expecting said ghost to show up as Sam was digging Dean out. Overall, though, a really wonderful story.
Woman of Letters chapter 3 . 2/20/2012
Okay, you have got to do something about these rats! I feel like I'm going to come and shoot every single one of them for Dean...
Woman of Letters chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
That's right, just bury the poor man in rats, why don't you?

I love the fact that he's so out of it when he hits the ground. Your descriptions of his dazed state were original - blurriness "that so rudely interrupted his field of vision" - I had never heard it phrased that way before. And the rats scurrying over him - oh that was priceless! Poor Dean! Will he end up rat chow? And where's this farmer's ghost? I know he's going to make an appearance some time. And probably at a very inconvenient time.

Loved the last line, it was so Dean: "Sam better hurry the hell up and get him out of there because he is about two seconds away from taking his brother's suggestion to heart and capping each one of those furry pieces of shit in their damn ass."
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Loved Dean freaking out over rodents. I really loved the banter here between the brothers. Throughout the chapter, I could feel Dean's nervousness rising, and the rats swarming up out of the hay loft were a masterful touch.

I loved this line: "He spares one glance down at his brother and Sam's eyes look up to him in concern. He sees his brother's gaze drift from him to the rippling floor and back to him again." Such wonderful worry from Sam!

Great first chapter. Can't wait to read more!
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 4 . 2/11/2012
I like the image of Sam being the angel of mercy rescuing Dean from the rats. Wow. That was almost too much. I think I need a shower now. Ick!
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
I LOVE this: "an elephant has decided to sit on his damn chest, and he's sucked in so much dust that he should change his name to Hoover." - Perfectly descriptive with great phrasology that we don't see every day.

Other than that...ewwww...just ewww...so gross it makes me shiver...
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 2 . 2/1/2012
With the use of four curse words, a T rating may be more appropriate...but good gracious! This makes my skin crawl. I'm right there with Dean in terms of ick factor!

The details were brilliant. I felt like I was there, going through what Dean went through. By the end, /my/ trigger finger was itchy and I've never actually held a real gun! Great work with that!
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Love the brotherly banter in this. I think it's spot on with the way the have no problem riding each other on the show.

I think I need a shower after just thinking about the dusty, rat infested barn though...YIKES! Mega creepy factor...
FallenAngel218 chapter 4 . 1/25/2012
I really liked your story! I'm not afraid of rats, but if I were in Dean's situation, I think I would be screaming if rats were crawling on me like that! (shudders)

Good story!
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
ew rats are gross! Nice job!
Wynefred chapter 4 . 1/24/2012
I can't even tell you how much I adore this story. The last chapter especially filled me with all kinds of icky glee. :D

Some of my favorite things... how well you showed that Dean was losing it yet was still so totally DEAN; the Heavenly image of Sam at the end; the brotherly tap on his leg and the strength Dean drew from that touch... and so much more.

Fantastic, amazing, wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing it.
Wynefred chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Eep! Sammy had better get him out quick!