Reviews for Speaking in Code
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 1/7
Awww, I like that ending. The Charlie part was good. I loved his widened eyes when he realized the reason they needed the detective was not Edward, but a criminal trying to extort him. I hope he felt properly chastised. However, the very next scene was Bella having to tell him to knock it off. Time will tell with Charlie. I really liked his new place, it sounded beautiful. Great area in the city too. I loved that he had her input on everything and that she felt it was her home too. Then he invited her to move in and it will be her home now too. Very much liked this last chapter. Thank you for sharing you imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 1/7
I was slightly surprised that Edward wants to sell the house. I know he never liked it, nor the neighborhood. However, Bella really liked the architecture so, I thought he may hold onto it. Although, it makes sense to have something that they both find together. It was good news that the detective had for Edward. I’m glad she’s being extradited and getting out of his hands. I do think they should keep an eye on that though, as she could get off with very few years and his case could make her have more, should he pursue it. Loved his meeting with Esme and how he really seems to think this will be a great fit for him. It sounded really good for him. Esme was surprised that he said three to four days a week for volunteering. I like it. Mike was most definitely shocked. Edward was funny with his 'thank you' to Mike. Loved Bella’s slip of them having kids before she uses the capital he offered. Too cute. I like that he wants to live with her, yet is being smart and waiting a couple of months.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 1/7
The silent conversations between Alice and Bella make me giggle. I was surprised that they had sex. They were both very eager and it’s not like they’ve not been seeing each other more than their date and that very night. They’ve got the non double date, his junk going away party and the movie together. I liked being in her head for the bed reveal. Her thoughts were rational and funny. Loved that her dad was able to get the detective involved. And, I’m glad that he didn’t talk down to Bella and Edward and took them seriously. Yes, Edward went about things wrong but, it warranted this recording. I liked that Bella told Jake and he seemed happy, albeit a wee bit worried, about her. I’m very glad that Seth didn’t get fired. And, I do hope that Bella lets Edward know her feelings on what he’d done with no regard to Seth possibly losing his job.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 1/7
That worked brilliantly. If Bella’s dad gets a trustworthy officer involved, this could work out. I agree with Edward in that it may be inadmissible in court but, it certainly will work for getting her lawsuit stopped. I love that Bella and Alice showed up with food. That Jasper told Alice that what happened was really bad, and they came over to make him feel better. It was bad, to find out she planned on killing him once they were married. I do hope they get her in prison for the extortion at least. Can you be put away for planning to murder? I know you can for attempted murder. Hmmm.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 1/7
Ah, so that’s where Emmett recognized her from. Pretty dumb of her to mention anything like that in public. Anyone could overhear . . . thankfully both Bella and Emmett heard her plans. I was thankful that Edward really did remove all of the junk from the front yard, so he wasn’t lying to Bella. Whew.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 1/6
She would’ve never spoken to him had she been sober. Therefore, she did not forgive him, or let him off easy. She merely spoke to him, as her BFF abandoned her conversationally. Alice should’ve just got Jasper’s number and left with Bella to find a different club. Edward once again acted like he was eleven with moving to the other table, yet got closer to Bella. Jerk.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 1/6
That was an epic dick move. She definitely had him pegged with lecturing him to grow up, even though it was for something he was not guilty of. He’s a freaking child. No wonder he doesn’t hold a job in society and pulls all of theses lawsuits. He’s never grown past eleven years old.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 1/6
I certainly expected Edward to not have moved any of the garbage from his front yard. I didn’t expect him to have changed it into a sculpture garden. Very odd of him, yet it works for what he’s trying to do. Win. Bella’s snap judgement of Edward was a wee bit disturbing. Now that Victoria is pregnant, she may win half of everything. Although knowing Edward, he’ll demand a paternity test. And, he better make sure the lab isn’t under Victoria's payroll. Again, I hope Emmett remembers where he knows her from. I have a feeling that will make Edward’s case.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 1/6
Edward was quite interesting. I’m glad he’s got Jasper and Emmett as friends, as they seem fun. Wonder where Emmett recognizes Victoria from? Hopefully he remembers in time to crush her goldigging ways. Edward got lucky that his father didn’t change his will. Then again, he sues the city all of the time so, I presume he’s made his way financially in that aspect. He is clearly bored with life, if he feels the need to keep doing that to the city. He needs a new hobby.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 1/6
Interesting start. Makes me wonder if any of the men have had to warn Mr. Cullen before? Mike specifically. He threw her under the rug with that one. Glad that Jacob found out and reprimanded Mike right then and there. Edward and Jasper both, were kind of funny in their peculiar ways. Very, very strange game they are playing. Who would want that stuff in their front yard? Eww.
Jillybeans122 chapter 17 . 1/6
This was so cute!
blondferretgirl chapter 17 . 10/14/2017
Love It!
Jean Driver chapter 17 . 6/14/2017
Lovely and lighthearted story! I get tired of all the angst most stories are full of! I really enjoyed your take on the Edward and Bella world! Thank you!
QueenGB chapter 8 . 1/27/2016
I don't know who's worse Jasper or Alice. With friends like these...
QueenGB chapter 4 . 1/27/2016
Okay Edward you are a member or Washington state bar so think! Get a private detective and get info and pics on Vikki. Use all that drive and research about pregnancy, demand a paternity test. FYI she isnt prepared for that. It's either James baby or no baby. And yes you do need to grow up. ;-D