Reviews for Rage and Reputation
elainezen chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Really enjoyed this. Looking forward to the next chapter.I am hoping that Mick comes to terms with what has happened in his family and finds his way forward.
EHfan chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
A sad story but a believable one. Mick is a proud man and must have been a proud boy. His mother accusing him without getting his side of the story - bringing up the effect of his behavior on his step-father's reputation - that would gall a proud boy. I can see where he would think he had to leave. You did a good job once again with Alice - her absolute shock when she realizes that she lost control and struck Mick. Interesting how you/she compares Mick to Henry and Henry to Dan. I liked how you showed her ambivalence to her second marriage.
anyother chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Another beautiful story, which makes me want to read more about Mick developing...the conflict in his mother's life (being someone she's not, comparing Dan and Henry) is heartbreaking.
Roofran411 chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Enjoyed this -Keep on with Mick's story. I want to know where he's going.
Brit-bound chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
The scar - I didn't want it to come from his mother, because it adds a new layer of hurt for him, but it is one more thing that contributes to his reluctance to make permanent connections.

and those little sisters - what a wonderful touch. helps explain, too, his watchful care over evelyn, even when she is a willful child.

you must have children to understand so well the range of emotions they arouse in you and how often and deeply you regret the things that pass between you.

this is beautiful. I just watched mick for the second time last night and began to form some new opinions about him. your story helps do that. thanks for writing it and sharing.