Reviews for The Scorpion's Ghost
Clara Brighet chapter 6 . 5/29
Oh my word. That was SO good.
I read the whole thing over the course of a day, and truly it was like reading a high-quality novel. The action balanced the suspense, and the characters were PERFECTLY in character, and the descriptions were luminous. (I looked it up - that means they were brilliant intellectually, clear, and readily understood). Your masterful choice of words crafted pictures which evoked the exact emotions you wished to portray. I was particularly impressed by sentences like this one, found midway through chapter 6:
"The moment his cell phone squirmed helplessly across the nightstand, Peter was awake."
Beautiful. Excellent. A much more interesting picture than 'his cell phone buzzed, waking him up,' or something equally dry. It is those kind of sentences that make good writing good writing. :) My mantra for writing is, in the words of Anton Chekhov, "Do not tell me the moon is shining. Show me the glint of light on broken glass."
Thank you for writing this thrilling and enjoyable piece! I had a brilliant time reading, it is definitely going on my shelf of favorites. :)
Thank you for writing!
- Clara Brighet
kyamei chapter 12 . 3/1/2014
I realize this isn't a recent fic but I just came across it. Read all of it in one sitting, I couldn't bring myself to stop. I thought I'd like it if someone reviewed my stories even after it's been a while since they've been published, and I thought I'd leave you this note. I loved your story. It was wonderfully complex and you kept the suspense pretty well. I never suspected Dunbar. This was like reading a novel. Congratulations, really. It was a joy reading a story with an actual plot and with good original characters. Neal and Peter were also spot on. I can't say enought about it, I just loved it. Hope you have more stories like this!
DjDangerLove chapter 12 . 2/10/2014
I just have to tell you, even though I may already have before (but I'm not sure), that this is one of my favorite White Collar stories! I've re-read it so many times, especially when there isn't good friendship stories being posted. It's my go-to story to read! So thanks for writing and sharing! I hope you'll write more in the future!

Guest chapter 12 . 1/9/2014
This is the best fic I've ever read! Fantastic!
Guest chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
wonderful buildup and characterization!
Estrella85 chapter 12 . 3/22/2013
I wish I could super fave this fic! I actually haven't seen more than one episode of White Collar, yet your fic gave me such a full picture of the characters and the type of stories the episodes tell that I feel like I don't need to know the full story to really enjoy what you've written. Truly a great piece of work! : )
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 12 . 3/15/2013
Love this! Awesome job. Felt like a real episode!
ClaMiAl chapter 12 . 2/13/2013
That was an awesome story! I loved the Neal angst and the dynamic between Neal and Peter.
MzPink chapter 12 . 1/18/2013
Wow awesome fic! instant favorite!:):):) hope
You write some more white collar soon :)
BlueDiamondStar chapter 12 . 12/30/2012
Ahh... what a long and excitingly wonderful story. Enjoyed to no end:)
doggonit chapter 12 . 11/24/2012
I just re-read this, and because I didn't leave a review the first time I wanted to take the time now to say how much I enjoyed it. It is really well written; Neal's disorientation and Peter's protectiveness are so vivid, and everyone is so in character that I feel as though I just watched an episode rather than reading a fanfic.
wotumba1 chapter 12 . 9/8/2012
great story! glad they finally got dunar and neal is on the mend!

hope you'll have more stories like this for us!
wotumba1 chapter 9 . 9/8/2012
how did they make the van go away? and who are they?
wotumba1 chapter 7 . 9/8/2012
that's what i thought right from the beginning! neal is much too non-violent to do something like that...
but can they prove it?