Reviews for SRU:Nerima Chronicles
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
You, sir, are a Prime, Grade A Bastard. Love it! Akane, well... I find her a whiny little bitch. Ranma is probably braindamaged, although I'm unsure what caused it; being dropped on his head as a child? The immense mental trauma caused by training originating in varius forms of torture and/or execution? Perhaps the emotional retardation caused by no human contact for months at an end except for his old man during his entire upbringing? Oh well, nice seeing miss "I'm-a-martial-artist-too!" getting what's coming to her... GAH!

signed, cpt. Kihibi "Lucky Fang" Garyou of the KOTTF (Knights of the True Fiancée)
Progos chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Spells-R-Us does indeed specialize in cruel irony, something you and your co-authors have captured well.
JWG chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Reading from the back of the list: An interesting read, and the alternative endings were amusing, but I found this Akane plucked from somewhere in the middle of the anime, rather than the one who sacrifices herself to save Ranma at the end of the manga.

brindani chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
I don't typically sympathize with Nabiki, but she really gained a lot only to loose it by helping a little cat claiming to be her sister.

Oh well, this is very good,

Earll chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
I love you! Well, not you specifically (I don't know you) but I love your fanfiction. This fanfic totally rocked my world. I laughed outloud. Beautiful, very well done. Keep on writing! You've got talent and an original flare that's great to see in an author, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Screw the spammers man. WRITE!
mecha ghost chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
your the best it's good to see ya agian
CSepulchre chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
You don't have to like Akane but tasteless abuse of a character is juvenile, and bigoted. You dislike Akane for certain faults you excuse in others. Sadly this is a frequent occurence among fanfiction.

"juvenile fan": Akane is abusive, stupid, and selfish. She doesn't know P-Chan is Ryoga. She beats on Ranma. She only thinks of herself.

Me: you're describing 80% of the characters in the series. Especially Ranma. Ex.

1. he intentionally provokes combat. Anyone with a mind can see this with Akane and everyone else.

2. How many time does he accept drugged food from Shampoo? I rest my case...

3. Lastly, the other girls are there only to feed him he only shows them actual affection when he can get something, also don't forget the Reversal Jewel incident.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
The final ending seems like the 'real' one. Good story.
TheReviewer chapter 1 . 5/21/2002
Thought I'd check out a few of your other works, to see if you actually did understand the characters, so picked one at Random...

Somewhat amusing, I guess. Though the last ending doesn't make sense. You point out that a few people were happier and claim it as Akane's nightmare, but not everybody was happier, as Ukyo seemed to be worse off. Ranma and Nabiki loving? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. And until you understand why Ranma fell in love with Akane, you'll never truly understand his character.

And though you seem to suggest otherwise, the last ending will get better, because Akane is one of the few characters in the series to make self-sacrifices to help people. But of course you had to end it there, as anything else would bring out Akane's good points and we all know how afraid you are to do that.

I'm curious, did you ever do ANY fics where you deeply explored the characters' personalitys and attitudes? Or is all your stuff consisting of AUs and Divergences. I guess that stuff would be easier for someone who can't understand the characters, as it allows one to say, "It doesn't make sense. Well, uh, that's 'cause it's an AU! Yeah, that's it!"

Hmmm, for a next fic, why don't we write a "The world is a better place because Gregg isn't in it" fic?
Bobcat chapter 1 . 1/18/2002
Kinda sad... but it makes you think. I thought that the last ending was the most poigniant.
iWindoze chapter 1 . 1/13/2002
My vote goes to ending #9!

Not only is it (as Metroanime said,) most in character for the wizard himself, it's also most in character for Akane herself. How many times in the series (and in fanfics) do we see Akane do selfish things that ultimately hurt all of those around her without ever having to personally feel the effects of her actions? (Although in most fanfics the other characters seem to forgive her and forget what she cost them..) Thank the gods that finally writers are willing to show the other spectrum of possibles, KoTF nonewithstanding. I loved this story almost as much as I enjoyed "a little sense" although in the case of "a little sense" I'd love to see more of that universe's possibles. This one, with the #9 ending is pretty much final.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 1/11/2002
I suspect that AnimeAddiction and the SRU wiz have similar views on the Akanes of this world.

So do I.(Look down for my take on ending #9)

Akane's Curse, Well Deserved: Careful What you Wish For, You Might *Get* It!
Chad chapter 1 . 7/11/2001
Could you remove the sepuku part. Its sad.
John Dunkelburg chapter 1 . 7/3/2001
Hmm, i like it! Although, it seems like you used this as a vehicle for some Bet ideas that you never used.
atdanimefreak chapter 1 . 6/7/2001