Reviews for Shell Shock
PastOneonta chapter 10 . 6/23/2016
Lovely conclusion for Neal and June and Mozzie. Peter admitting Neal is his friend too was lovely. This was a good story and very much like canon in what would have happened after Kate's plane exploded. Thanks for giving us the details of a significant period of time in Neal's grief and recovery.
JimChou chapter 10 . 5/7/2016
I've read quite some stories dealing with the aftermath of Kate's death and I must say yours is probably one of the best I've come around. Not too emotional but emotional enough, conveying all the feelings that ring really true like guilt, sadness, shame even on Neal's part and willingness to help on part of all of his friends who show deep care, understanding and take all measures needed to get Neal back in his own life. You captured well the essence of the characters: June's easy care, Mozzie going all the extra miles to help his friend like talking things over with the suit and cuddling Neal,... And you portrayed an amazingly accurate Peter, showing what a truly good and honest man he is deep inside. And we get to see that there is truly a two-way understanding between Neal and Peter; Neal is grateful, he knows what he owes Peter even if they avoid talking too much about it and Peter accepts the idea that he considers Neal a friend. Well- done. Your story could be part of the .
HAMUCHA chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
Oh, no.
What kind of drastic measure El have in mind?
I hope it won't make the situation worse.
LinzPhantom chapter 10 . 11/7/2012
Wow...this story rocks! :D
FeathersFlight chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
I loved this story! It's hard to find a well-written, well-balanced hurt/ comfort story but I think you hit the spot. I felt that in the show there wasn't as much Neal mourning as there should have been, so I think this is a nice supplement to the episode. I really liked the worried and caring Peter and the defiant Neal. Great job!
Ronni chapter 10 . 3/29/2012
Great job with the story! I absolutely LOVED it! It's one of the stories I'll save to read for another day. Amazing job, can't wait to read some more fanfics from you! :D
jjd022980 chapter 10 . 3/12/2012
love this story!
Stormdaku chapter 10 . 2/1/2012
I LOVE it. love the way you put the actual episode in there too. Please Keep writing!
Ne'ith5 chapter 8 . 1/27/2012
I always enjoy Neal's interaction's with June. I hope you haven't abandoned this story cause I'm really looking forward to the next chapter because I really want to know what's goning on with our fave art thief.
scifigeek22 chapter 10 . 1/8/2012
Hun to start with I have to apologise for being so late with reading this but what an absolutely amazing finish to an absolutely amazing fic. You can literally feel the love that Peter, El, June and Mozzie have for Neal. I am so sorry to see this fic end but bravo to you.
Twinchy chapter 10 . 12/28/2011
This is a marvellous and believable story, phantastically thought-out and very well written.

Your characterisations were spot-on IMHO and I would have loved to see more of the aftermath for what happened at the end of season one on the show as well, much like in here.

Neal really learns that those people around him are friends who will go through the good times with him, just like the bad ones. Everyone was there to catch him when he fell (ometimes more literally than he probably cared to admit), or spaced out, or had a nightmare.

Particularly the chapter when Peter took Neal out to the hangar where everything happened, was incredibly well done.

And I truly love your ending with Peter and Neal sharing a beer after finishing off the Architect, and Neal inviting sweet June to a dance in the evening.

There are merely some minor things I am hesitant to believe. One (and no offence please), would be Peter's suggestion of Neal arming himself. It's only my two-cents' worth of course but I simply can't imagine the agent making that sort of suggestion, equally knowing his CI's obvious distaste of guns and the fact that he (and the FBI/law enforcement) would provide whatever safeguarding the Neal might need.

And secondly, I cannot bring myself to believe that Peter (and everyone else for that matter) would have been satisfied with Neal practically bouncing back just like that, with the flip of the hat (no pun intended). I'm well aware of what you are trying to tell with that scene; how Neal is on the right track of recovery and all... Yet, for all intents and purposes, it looked pretty much like the same situation as in the beginning, with Neal only burying his grief, fear and guilt underneath his outward persona by flashing a bright smile. Rather hiding from the terrible things that went down than dealing with them.

I am by no means trashing your most excellent story; on the contrary! This is one of the best fanfictions I've read in quite a while.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 10 . 12/23/2011
Great job; I love your story!
Skye chapter 10 . 12/23/2011
Aww, I really liked this! Sad yet sweet. Loved the teamwork and friendship.
huge sg1 fan chapter 10 . 12/15/2011
this was a really good story. i really enjoyed it. great job. :)
citiesofsouls chapter 10 . 12/14/2011