Reviews for Harry Potter: The Self Taught Wizard
Dant Ravenblack chapter 1 . 1/11
Don't suppose there's a chance this could become a series? Maybe one where HP is summoned (?) by the GoF? This is an interesting idea and it would be awful if it died out.
Axcel chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
In all honesty, the teachers at Hogwarts seem to teach straight from the book in canon. All of them. Which means that there is no reason to attend unless it is to ask questions and for that you can just ask the people who work with charms/transfiguration/etc. for a living if you are stuck on something and give them a tip for their help.

Plus, if I were Harry, I'd have taken my key from Hagrid and been quite untrusting of him after that for having it and not giving it to me. Once I saw how much money I had, I would have felt no need to return to the Dursleys as the only reason I wouldn't have run away was because I'd have had no resources. That would no longer be the case so...duh.

Of course, the only way I would have known that Hogwarts teaches straight from the book would be if I asked people (which I would have, like shop workers and such) about what they are taught and how they are taught. My reason for asking people would've been out of fear of looking like an idiot at school.

I'd therefore learn more if I just bought a small place with a reinforced, underground lab, and experimented for myself along with learning whatever spells/potions/etc. interest me from books. My experimentation, of course, would revolve around new ways of doing things. Like, trying self-hypnotism to experiment with casting wandless spells.
Angel SilverWinter chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
Great story
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I wonder how the Wizarding World would react once Harry appeared alive. Would Lucius be ironically convicted for a crime he didn't commit? It'd not be a surprise considering what happened to Sirius.
Tilius chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Interesting story.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
While I enjoyed what there is of it, it still feels incomplete, left me hanging.
akasanta chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
I like it. Don't recall another like it and I read a LOT of fanfiction.

Cheers! :D
jilumasam chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Not bad for a plot bunny...You've rightly pointed out the various plot holes in your author notes, so that's good to see you are able to look critically at your story and evaluate it.

It's a nice easy going story to read, thanks for writing it.
lookie loo chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Loved it! I think Harry would have been resourceful enough to do this. It's nice to think of him having a good childhood for once.
misteryman526 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Actually, I think this is a very original story. I can't think of any other that I've read where Harry actually got to the train station but didn't find his way to the platform. The only real problem I see is that Dumbledore really left himself open to major problems by making up Harry's death. Perhaps he should quietly continue to search for Harry and have a backup plan in case Harry reappears. Dumbledore could tell the Wizarding world that Harry's death was faked to give him time to train. A few obliviations and compulsions and he could make the story seam believable.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Good.
RonRR chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
A fun, light read. Yes, you left some plot holes, but they are not bigger or smaller than JKR's.

Thanks for writing,

Ron
akan chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
intéréssant!
loretta537 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
this was good, full of plot holes but very good. i hope that one day you take the concept and write a full story
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This is really good, you need to continue it.