Reviews for No One Left Behind
ZE Bri-0n chapter 11 . 10/5
Is it bad that I find your unholy combination of sarcasm and rage hilarious? Or am I projecting?
ZE Bri-0n chapter 9 . 10/4
... what do you think of FSN nowadays? Also, can't Scraps be winged through a tantic ritual?
ZE Bri-0n chapter 7 . 10/4
Doesn't Rule Breaker steal Command Seals?
ZE Bri-0n chapter 6 . 10/4
... Rin:"What do we even DO with prisonors? Do we... sell them or something?"
Oh. Well that's okay. Sekirei is an ecchi Romcom. It isn't a graphic novel after all. The shock value of the absolute steel that is shirou of inflight affecting that setting was the most interesting aspect of this idea anyway.
Part of me is screaming in rage for tainting my 100% complete perfect route, but you know what...

Fuck it, despair can be delicious, too.

Stay GAR, Shirou. Don't let the love thirsty bitch get to you. You can't save everyone. BUT You Damn well better TRY
kyugan chapter 11 . 6/12/2014
Shame this had to end, it had potential
kyugan chapter 9 . 6/12/2014
Love is a Psychopath, and Musubi is a Berserker.
Do the math. It all adds up to 'uh-oh'.
Destrark chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
...poor innocent Saber...
Treant Balewood chapter 11 . 9/22/2013
Just needed to say thanks for writing, I enjoyed what I read; pity it didn't work out; but... thanks for writing. I enjoyed what was here.
ibstudent220 chapter 11 . 9/7/2013
It's too bad you weren't enjoying this fanfic, but understandable. Thanks for at least posting a synopsis and the reasons you gave up the story.
Airier chapter 10 . 9/1/2013
I just want to comment on two things.

One, you are completely right about chocolate.

Two, you mentioned that jumping in blind to a story was stupid. I disagree. It's a perfectly valid way to approach a story. The only thing that matters in writing is that you do it well. Ultimately the story's yours to do with as you wish. Outside information and details are helpful, but if you can write a good story while making up all the facts as you go, that's great.

Yeah, that's the end of my little rant.
Hood'sGate chapter 11 . 8/23/2013
1) Yes, Sekirei is, indeed, pretty damn stupid. It initially feels like a good set-up for a deconstruction of harem manga and magical tournament manga, but then they made the mistake of taking a parody setup and running it light-hearted-ish and straight.
2) Which is why it works in crossovers with F/SN, which point-blank /is/ a deconstruction of Magical Tournament manga. The juxtaposition makes the standard assumptions used in Sekirei seem even more ridiculous. Sekirei, as it is written, is pretty much worthless.
Yikari chapter 11 . 8/14/2013
Ah, this is unfortunate.

I'm no stranger to finding new fandoms out via reading awesome stories they've spawned - and the burning disappointment that follows such discoveries all too often. There is something infinitely painful in its own little way to see an intriguing story premise pass by unrealised. This was what got me into fanfiction long before I even knew what it was or got my hands on an internet connection and actually got an estimate of how many people shared my interest with me.

(And speaking of this particular stories' canons, both of them are plenty stupid. Stupid enough that even the holy duo of Rule of Cool and Rule of Sexy can't cover the holes. Me is weeping for all the missed awesome those could be.)

Still this one, however unfinished, brought a smile to my face and some ideas to my brain, so I thank you for your time and effort!

I'd say that my favourite character in this was Takami. The deadpan manner you've depicted her with won me over straight away.

Homura was a bit too... flaky... for my tastes, but his ideals clashing and contrasting with those of Shirou - and the potential changes both of them would've went through was a nice touch. Me upvote.

Shirou himself was a bit too knowledgeable of the female side of life compared to both FSN and IF proper. Not too knowledgeable, mind you, the gags needed to be made after all, but still. (And in the cases he was not there was a note of the ignorance being deliberate on his part, which would denote wisdom and experience beyond his years).

So those /slashed/ commentaries during the fight scenes were the Eye of the Mind making itself known? I must confess that the first thought that have crossed my mind were of controller commands in a game akin to Guilty Gear and so on :D For such a seemingly logical development of Shirou's arsenal it sure as hell doesn't feature in the fandom that often - or at all. Seriously, fuck that 'instinctual' shit.

The Rule Breaker scene was absolutely beautiful. The moment I've realised the utter quiet, inevitable wrongness of what was about to happen - this was about one-third into the scene for me - I could've kissed you. Sublime. I don't have words for it. The following character arc for Musubi was a delicious cherry on top. (And those teasing a/n too insinuating mental compulsions and such; Shirou was behaving... strangely, to say the least).

As for the brief summary of the following chapters that will not be, the most intriguing for me was the 'Chapter 22'. Specifically, the 'mind-bending horror in the broad daylight' prospects of it. Oh, and the rock-paper-scissors face-off. That just has so much potential.

The thing I will not miss: the planned amount of raging Tsundere. Goddamnit! Yes, this is anime we are talking about, but there should be some limits, man!

The thing I did not see, but was very much hoping to: Yashima. That character just reeks of cut plotlines, in my opinion. Especially if you were aiming to drag out all the wrong things about the whole Sekirei setup into the light. Perhaps the biggest beef I have with the way Gabriel seems to guide IF is Shirou willing to enertain that the 'aliens' argument somehow makes the process of 'winging' less tham utterly wrong without a conclusive proof that MBI's 'adjustments' did not meddle with it (that brief 'going mad after revelation' fit he had is probably my favourite scene in the story). And I was very happy that this particular fic did not go that road. I feel that Yashima's character arc could serve as an excellent opportunity to dissect all the wonderfully awkward and sick things about Ashikabi-Sekirei 'bond' in addition to Misubi's part in the plot.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort and good luck!
Deadzepplin chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
You are correct in your assertion that Sekirei is bad I couldn't get into it for more than a few dozen chapters it was that terrible and probably the worst part of it beyond the thinly veiled harem story with caricatures of humans parodying human interaction disguised at plot is the almost casual acceptance and and and use of emotional and almost physical rape of people (People defined as sentient entity)

"Oh I'm not your nebulous 'Destined One'? Time for a little mind rape by forcing myself on you then you will not only obey my orders but want to obey my orders because you will be forced to love me and in the event you manage to overcome your programing and kill me not only will you die but so will every other Sekirei I have 'Bonded' with"

I am somewhat saddened by you ending your story if only because you made the characters much more then they are in the manga and really tried to make an excellent story with twists and turns and depth

Keep on keeping on