Reviews for Deprived
xSean chapter 17 . 12/15/2018
So this was interesting and at the same time totally infuriating. With Hates comment about his Animagus Form I'm more inclined to believe he can become a T-Rex. But there was a point where he was so willing to accept death instead of changing into the form he couldn't control? Why? It makes no sense, it's better to have a chance of living and saving the girl rather than just accepting that everyone is going to die. Is the one part I truly take issue with out of this whole fic.

I see it alot in fics, MCs don't reveal their powers in fear of being discovered or losing control and what not as if Death is the preferable option, they stall and debate with themselves forever and it's just retarded. It's a no brainer, you live and deal with it not just accept death like a pure twat!
xSean chapter 16 . 12/15/2018
This has been a great read so far, while Harry can get a bit annoying with his interactions to his 'family' I totally understand. That being said I wish he'd just ignore their every attempt at reconciliation. Rex? A T-Rex maybe? Would be cool, would that be classified as a Muggle Creature? I get the feeling this Harry is more along the lines of OP but struggles with recognising and acting on his emotions. Makes an interesting read and in my opinion so far it looks like an OP Harry fic done right. Not often you see many of those! Great job!
SethisawesomeGT chapter 19 . 12/1/2018
Honestly the best story I've ever read
a guy1013 chapter 1 . 11/25/2018
dude update please
josh chapter 19 . 11/23/2018
always loved this story. any chance u will ever come back to it?
RandoFox chapter 19 . 11/17/2018
Im a bit disappointed that you aren't continuing this fic
NoReasonOrSense chapter 1 . 11/6/2018
Someone stole your story mate and posted it. Didn’t even change the name or anything
Iamtheonlytruejoker chapter 19 . 11/4/2018
This is the best Harry Potter Story. I,am enger to read more. I warnt more. Great Story and fantastic story telling style.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/29/2018
Not a bad story overall. Though very heavy on immature, self-important drawl.

Built on a very shaky plot of an otherwise loving pair of parents would actually completely neglect their son over so many years. However, not only does it sweep this unfortunate starting point aside once used to form a beginning - it revisits it over and over and over and over again. It makes sure we see every part of its flaws and holes before beating it into us some more.

Then there's the unnecessary fluff. Especially when it comes to that assassin-samurai-hitman-whatever woman. Why is she even a part of the story? You wanted some asian chick with a sword? She literally did and added nothing. Completely pointless.

However, the long, angsty philosophical talks about hate, morals and emotions took up by far most of the story. If you cut those unnecessary parts out, the story would have been around 75% of its current size and far more readable.

All-in-all a decent effort, but the anime-watching worldview you have shined through quite a bit too bright and just ruined the general atmosphere and logic of the story. Fleur was decent. Gabrielle was nice. Dumbledore was refreshing. James and Lily never became believable characters due to your forced plot. OCs fit nicely. The rest was decent.

Thanks for the story.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/29/2018
So.. not participating in the tournament would cause him to lose his magic. He became incapacitated before the first task, and thus did not participate in the tournament. He received 0 points for non-participation, but did not lose his magic.

What?
Guest chapter 13 . 10/29/2018
So ridiculously angsty. It reads like a 15 year old trying to be deep. A supposed emotionless person putting on a grand show every time he speaks, telling of his extremely horrible childhood being ignored by his parents. Yet he has been in the underworld for a long time, so he should know that that kind of life is far preferable to many others.
He has become this thing full of hate, agony and strength yet has not suffered all that much in the end, compared to many, many others. Of course, that doesn't make his suffering any better or worse, but one might wonder why he is the only one who ended up this way.

Either way, it is all very childish. This chapter was supposed to be dark and emotional, but all I'm left feeling is a mix of helpless humor and annoyance. You've captured the mindset of a sweaty basement dweller and his 15 custom-made katanas perfectly.

But then again, reading 'til here, I'm not sure if I should have expected differently. Oh well.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/29/2018
Oh god, that's so unbelievably lame. He doesn't kill women and children? Even women who were going to participate in his client's violent gang-rape?

Your own pathetic world views are shining through.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/29/2018
Eh.. trying way too hard to make him seem amazing, edgy and mysterious. If you had toned the zomgamazing-meter down a fair few notches, the story would have been much better.
Sam chapter 1 . 10/13/2018
This was the very first fan fic I ever read in 2011. It is the only story that has ever stuck with me and it got me hooked. Sometimes I come back and read it an imagine what would happen next. I used to hold my breath when I would log on to see if you had updated but by the end of 2012 I knew you probably wouldn't. This is an amazing story and it is a shame that it hasn't been completed. Do you plan on ever coming back to it? Or would you consider giving it to someone like Debstheslytherinfan who is also an amazing author on this site? Its just so sad to see it unfinished.
Apocalypse98 chapter 19 . 10/6/2018