Reviews for A Day in the Impala, 1986
Thankyou
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
love it
EndlessLabyrinth chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Ha! Oh my goodness this is perfect! You seriously nailed johns character, and dean and Sammy's to. What a fine little moment in the Winchester family and how wonderfully executed it was! Frat job, keep it up!
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Why do I get the feeling in later years, John will be remembering this incident with a smile? Ha ha. I would have belted the little bastard too if I was in Dean's position. I like how much John is being a dad in this. He does care about Dean, evenif he's annoyed at him for getting in trouble. I love how he's proud of how his son reacted; and, while he tries to drive the point home that the behavior itself is bad, he's still going to reward him. So cute!
unicornz chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I absolutely love how you write!

I love how Dean was still stubborn as he was young, and Sam was so adorable!

You wrote John as a great father (not saying he isn't) and I'm glad Dean punched the lights out of that kid!
angelsofthelord chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Perfect 3
sylia91 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I really can't say enough about this series of weechester fics, awesome. Poor Dean, one imagines he had to "suck it up" often with no explanations nor sympathy. Likely John would never have known or cared what made Dean slug that brat if not for the banners and his own guilt. Loved that Sam could instantly comfort Dean when all the adults were against him.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Awesome story. The look into life of the Winchesters is amazing and eye opening.

Just ignore winchesterunited because I totally agree with Dean in this one. I think we can all agree that if anyone, young or old was to insult and disrespect your mother, it would end very badly for the person who said it. And Dean's a little boy: that's how they handle things.

So, my rant is over. Just wanted to say again: very nice and keep up the good work.
winchesterunited chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Both and John and Dean need an attitude adjustment here. Going around hitting other kids just for being smart mouthed is not something to be proud of, especially since Dean is well know for being a smart mouthed brat himself. In this case he may not have been the original guilty party but I'm sure in other instance he would have been. Just look how he speaks to the teacher in After School Special, most people would agree that he acted like a punk assed kid. John's reactions are telling of the kind of father he is IMO you've written him to be a poor one.

I liked your story it highlighted to me one of the fundamental problems with kids now days-they lack respect for authority figures-and an even more disturbing one of parents-they lack the capacity to care enough to disciple their children.
apester chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Lovely... :)
NongPradu chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This was delightful. (Sorry - I can't login from this computer - it shuts down every time I try for some reason!)

For such a short little story, you've packed a whole lot into this, and all of it so in character. I really adored this.
sarah chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
i love ur one shots

they are amazing

well done
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This is a great series; you keep them really in character and manage that delicate balance between too-emo and touching. Nice trigger in this for Dean's explosion, too. You can easily imagine that a few situations like this would have led to the stoic, repressed adult we see on the show.
missmontana chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Ahahha! GO DEAN! I would have kicked that kid's ass if they said something like that about my mother, too. Hell, i would have made him cry. Good on you!
Zyanya chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Oh little Dean! great job...this kid should be more cautious Winchesters are tough guys :D