Reviews for A Day in the Impala, 1986
melitta4ever chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Kudos again. I love it, again...

This story is not particularly sad; it's mostly fun to read actually... but still there is this aftertaste as if I cried for some time... some weight on my heart... the homesickness that the boys don't even know the meaning of it... damn!

Love this Day in the Impala series, please keep going.
LoveTheCoat chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Love it! To reiterate what others have said, you have a talent for capturing the essence of these characters, specifically Sam and Dean. I adore your take on them as children and I anxiously await whatever new "day in the Impala" you write next. Thanks!
Blaise O'Connor chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Hi.

I'm hooked to your story now, so there's no getting rid of me, just to let you know.
HeavenRose chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
So, I love this. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this. It's amazing. The story is very well written and I think benefits from being in John's POV. I love the ending, where it's finally revealed why Dean socked stupid Bradley in the mouth.

"Do you even know what a hooker is, Dean?"

"No, but it sounded bad... He said it like it was bad." - I love those lines. I could just see little seven year old Dean saying something like that. But perhaps my favorite line, and one of the most poignant, is: "What's homesick?" Ugh, that kills me. *heart breaks* But it's so fitting and, well, perfect.

And I love how little Sam is just *there*, kicking the seat and being happy to see his brother. It's adorable, but not in that annoying over-the-top-adorable sort of way.

The description of Dean's clothes had me wondering if I should swoon at picturing seven year old Dean wearing an Areosmith shirt or pity him for his worn shoes.

And then there's this line, which made me smile: "Sammy, forgetting his scolding and screaming joyously again for his brother, was wearing his finest red Kool-aid moustache and a ketchup-stained shirt with a giraffe on it, a shirt that he had staunchly refused to take off for the last three days."

You know what? That whole paragraph is amazing. You described every family member, remembering to include the Impala.

Oh, and then the teacher, her patience thinning but trying to understand and be lenient, especailly when she learns he just moved here.

"John kept his glare steady on Dean's face. So help me, if you roll your eyes —"

Hah! Perfect again, for lack of a better adjective. :)

So once again, thank you for this story. I don't add many fics to my favorites list, but yours makes the cut ;) You have a gift for writing; never stop. :D
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
You are awesome. I was so excited when I saw this from you in my inbox. I love stories about John and the boys from when they were young. And I love how realistic this is. Yes, John was tough and he had his faults but I don't for a second buy into all the assumption that John was some kind of child abuser. He was obsessed and driven and definitely not the best father in the world but he loved his boys - I have absolutely no doubt about that. This was a perfect example. And holy crap do you have a perfect vision of what I think Dean and Sam were like when they were little. This was adorable and sad at the same time. You are just an amazing writer. So descriptive and in character. I just loved this. Thank you so much. I just can't wait to get another treat from you in my inbox. Loved this! Thanks! *hugs*
20 | « Prev Page 1 2