Reviews for Breaking Point
Lila chapter 1 . 10/7
oh my god. holy shit. this is so good. i'm absolutely dying to read more in this verse. if you ever decide to write more or come back to this just know that i would be thrilled to read anything you have to write
bookgirl18 chapter 1 . 9/9
This is amazing, and I need more, please!
Zombies101 chapter 1 . 8/1
This really good please write more I love the idea and how you wrote it
Selena92 chapter 1 . 7/19
Wow. What a masterpiece!

I love it, though it hurt realizing Zuko was alone all this time, without his Uncle. But I do think had Ozai decided to handle his son's "disobeyance" this way (it was criminal neglect and abuse, Zuko hadn't done anything wrong- except be a decent, kind person, apparently), things would have happened this way and Zuko, inevitably, would have found his way to the Avatar's side to become his teacher. I'd love to see a sequel, preferably a long and detailed one.

About Zuko's struggles, about his victories, about his search for himself, about his journey to become an even better man- with apparently far less stumbles along the way, as Ozai was stupid enough to adhere to his wish to protect his people. Also, his firebending- is it fueled by anger, like it had been in canon, or did his different circumstances and the apparently missing component of possibly restoring his honor if he succeeded in his quest change his approach to bending, make him adapt the natural, true path of firebending?

I'd be very interested to learn what has changed.
Rahar Moonfire chapter 1 . 7/12
I absolutely love this. It's actually inspired me. Would it be alright if I wrote a story based on this idea? I never thought about it before but I think it's perfect and everything I didn't know I needed until now. I need to know more about Home Guard!Zuko. I can only imagine his pain at watching his fellow Guard fighting to last to be sure their people and the Fire Lord were safe only to fall to the invading army around him. And THEN find out the Fire Lord had planned the whole thing. Would it be alright if I wrote something based on this please?
GenderBender25 chapter 1 . 6/12
This was awesome but didn't feel like a one shot. Please post more? It is too good not to.
Ireland Scott of BROH chapter 1 . 5/28
Hsnsbdidbxidb. Please don’t let this be a oneshot.
fringeperson chapter 1 . 5/15
This? I'm not generally one for telling an author "You should write more of this", but I really wish that there was more of this. Because it is awesome. It has potential to be EPIC.

You could go backwards, and expand on Zuko's time in the Home Guard, the people he'd meet, the training he'd be put through, rare encounters with his uncle - because you've said that Ozai wanted to keep Zuko and Iroh apart, but they could still meet up for tea and Pai Sho once in a while without drawing too much suspicion. Probably. And of course Azula would drop in to taunt him any time she had something to taunt him with. At least, before she leaves the city, anyway. His bending has probably been smoothed out by veterans - because that's what the Home Guard is, right? They probably even have fire-bending tips from before the dragons went away... (Sorry, I just came off reading Vathara's Embers, so I've got that rattling around in my headcanon at the moment as well and... yeah).

And you can go forwards. None of the Gaang have any kind of bad history with Zuko personally this time. Katara's hard hate for the Fire Nation and everybody who belongs to it aside, they really don't have any reason not to trust Zuko. Zuko who wants the best for his people. Zuko who is acutely aware of what's been going on during the war even if he's been kept very forcibly out of it until the invasion - because everybody in the Fire Nation is affected by the war just as much as the people everywhere else. More, because they're having to support the people who have to go away to fight, rather than being the ones entrenched behind walls like Ba Sing Se's...

This has so much amazing potential... I gotta check out your profile and see what else you've got.

Thank you for writing this. Thank you so much for writing this. It's perfect and inspiring. Thank you.
This needs a sequel. Thank you for writing this.
Mee chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
Awesome story
anon chapter 1 . 10/9/2017
Always so lovely to read
Seekerfinderdigger chapter 1 . 9/27/2017
Are you ever planning a sequel ti this fic? Because I love this au and would read the heck out of a sequel!
Ginevra Annabeth Herondale chapter 1 . 6/16/2017
Loved this story :)
A realistic and well-written glimpse into a possible AU of the story.
I have a lot of respect for your writing :)
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 1 . 3/3/2017
This was beautiful. Now I wished this was a whole fic and not a one shot. Although, I loved it. I loved the ending, the beginning and the rest of it. Very well put together, and even though it was short, it was amazing. Thank you. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2017
I would like to see this continued.