Reviews for Ninja Who Lived
foxsw chapter 16 . 6/25
Hi, I was just checking this story (again) hoping for an update... No pressure, but could you place a note on your account if you're away for awhile? It can be frustrating to wonder if an author has ceased for all time. However, if you're dead, don't worry about it. (Yes, that was meant to be funny).
At any rate, it occurred to me that Danzo may have Sora from the anime as the 'Kyuubi' container. It seems just like the kind of thing he'd do. I think that Harry's anger at Kushina and others is valid, but lopsided; he is displacing his feelings towards people in his first life to make them saints, while leaving others as villians. James and Lily were loving parents, who did their best, but even with much more preparation time they made serious mistakes in protecting their son. Kushina and Minato made decisions alone in the midst of disaster; they had far fewer options, and no data regarding their enemy. Harry has cause to be suspicious of the Sandaime, but Dumbledore coldbloodedly set him up to be murdered. His death was to be merely a matter of timing. The Sandaime has done his best to geniunely protect and educate Naruto to protect himself. His failures are mainly caused by the active and ongoing interference of others and Naruto's own failures as a student. I'm not sure whether Dumbledore ever had any real love for Harry. I think he merely wallowing in sentiment regarding the 'unavoidable but noble sacrifice' of Harry's life; Dumbledore set Harry up to be murdered (after his own death) but never faced his own actions honestly, unlike Snape. I can't help but feel Dumbledore would be using his brief contact with Harry to try to accumulate power and/or influence beyond the veil; after all, why would James and Lily trust or associate with him in the afterlife if they had any information regarding his actions towards Harry? They have been dead for longer; why would Dumbledore have greater resources than they? In fact, his advice has made sure that Harry believes he needs Dumbledore. Dumbledore still clearly feels himself qualified and necessary as Harry's moral guide/protector, despite his appalling history in that role. Harry/Naruto needs to take a very hard look at his own assumptions.
The Junior Anbu assault on the tower was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I also enjoy Shika and Shino's self-deceit over their 'club'. A very smart kid is still a kid, with limited life experience. Smart people can make 'dumber' mistakes than the less intelligent, because they are less apt to make them. I always enjoy seeing mistakes made by over-complicating a situation. They need to be told about Occam's razor. I'd love to see the Uzamaki family present Konaha with a bill for services rendered regarding their Jinchuuriki services. For all the references regarding acquiring containers, I can't recall even one reference towards any Jinchuriki receiving any benefit (other than Chakra from the Bijuu) for the extra job. I like your speculation about Naruto trying to create himself a sister. He's never used her except to shock, charm and distract others, after all. If Tsunade ever catches on to the idea that Naruto made himself a sister out of loneliness, she'd surely feel blame herself. In short, I've really enjoyed your story very much. Thank you for writing it.!
FanFictionReader225 chapter 16 . 6/22
Cool! Harry's sygil is awesome!
Damn it! Why do all the good stories have to be abandoned.
I like powerful Harry crossovers, or crossovers where Harry initially average grows to be something amazing, or things along those lines. I like crossover where a moderately weak and angsty Harry gets over and becomes powerful, etc..
But the ones I really love are where Harry is taken as he is from canon (or very close to it) and then made to work to get better. He doesn't just overwhelm the opposition(though I like those too) but thinks on his actions even though he is powerful. Your story has all of those points - Harry is powerful and has the potential to be godlike in the future but he has to work for it, he has meaningful opposition and suffers setbacks, he isn't too full of angst though he has emotional problems...
Your story has everything in almost perfect balance (though Harry could treat Kushina a bit better- it might come with time when he learns that the fox cannot be killed only sealed away and what Kushina did was the only option available to her). Why the Hell then does it have to be abandoned?
Please please please continue this story?
TheConstellation chapter 16 . 5/16
The work in this story is amazing.
Iryelb chapter 16 . 5/11
Why would you leave an awesome story like this only partly written for a year and a half?
alemery chapter 16 . 4/29
I'm waiting for the ball to drop on this one
Konohamaya Uzumaki chapter 16 . 4/25
Dang it's a shame you've sopped writing this. Your story is so good i found it yesterday and finished reading it all in two days. So good job i normally get bored reading the same story i rarely ever finish reading something. It's very original and this is probably the first Harry reincarnation story i ever stumbled upon
Kairan1979 chapter 16 . 4/8
Too bad the story was abandoned.
Kairan1979 chapter 3 . 4/8
Harry declaring that Konoha is his enemies reminds me of Ender's game "Adults are the enemies. They aren't telling the truth."
I find it ironic that Snape is once again forced to play the role of a spy. But I guess even being Potter's spy is better that being stuck in the hellhole.
EpikalStorms chapter 16 . 4/5
Hahahahahaha! It's gotten even better since I last read it!
Jonakhensu chapter 16 . 3/6
I very much like how Sarutobi has missed the point completely. I hope more of this is forthcoming, as I don't believe I've seen a decent fic quite like this one before.
allisondasher chapter 16 . 3/2
Love this story!
Dquinnicus chapter 16 . 2/24
This is a really good story, Harry/Naruto isn't hugely OP, the plot development is excellent, and I found myself conjuring vivid mental images to go with your words, always a good sign. Sure you use some cliches, but the fact is your eclectic mix is unique, and I love it!
123paco chapter 16 . 2/14
This fic is great, I really hope you continue it! Please don't abandon it just when things were starting to get really interesting! :(
MattKennedy chapter 16 . 1/30
I have hardly laughed so hard reading a story. I'm not a fan of stories that hate on Naruto's parents, but I'm glad that you at least haven't made them into outright evil gits. :) Hope you continue the story. It's very well written and I love the intrigue. ANBU Juniors FTW!
1,303 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »