Reviews for Strange New World
TenTonParasol chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This made me so happy. All of it. Just all of it. And your narrative voice as Violet is just flawless. I can hear Maggie Smith now! Ah, this is just heartwarming (bit of a strange word to use for some of them, but they're all heartwarming). I love these.
Allie chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Now I want to know more about Great Aunt Roberta. I think you did really well with Violet's characterization. Despite her traditionalism, the one thing I've always loved about Violet, aside from her sharp one-liners, is her love for her family. That came across really well here.
minerva's-kitten chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I like this story! It was grand! Showed Violet as I see her...braving the new world...but only on her terms XD
LaLizi chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
What a delightfully different perspective. I would never have imagined Violet attending all the births!
swans-a-melting chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
this was so, so beautiful! a great fic!
thejacinthsong chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was very good. I loved your interpretation of Violet.
MrsMosley chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Childbirth is passionate. It is a long series of moments that ring with pain and frustration and overwhelming love, and there is no other time when a women is more *herself*. Your choice to show the Downton women during their 'confinements' is both ambitious and well done. I heard their voices, all of them, loud and clear, but more importantly, you made me feel their experiences. I'm grateful for it.
Diggingupophelia chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Beautiful.
jadeandlilac chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This is wonderful! Violet's voice really comes through, and all the secondary characters are spot-on as well. I think my favorite was the first Cora section. And all the details about great aunt Roberta were so perfect! :)
featherxquill chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Oh, yay! This is so brilliant! I love it. Your Violet is wonderfully drawn, fierce and strong and romantic at the same time, just as she should be. And what wonderful scenes you've chosen. Also, I absolutely love the idea of little Violet Isobel, too :D
DuskyIndian chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Good God, this was simply spectacular. Just perfect. I giggled out loud, sighed dreamily and squealed like a fan girl(S/T) all in story. I couldn't have asked for more. Brilliant and thank you!
Errol's Feather chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Impressive, really impressive :o) I admire the way you seem to have gotten everyone in their character. Especially love how you have written Violet :o) This story is just so amazing, well done :o)
spin84 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Ahh, what a delightful find! Each episode was utterly engaging, so inkeeping with what we have been told about the characters. Alongside your wonderful narration it was possible to really 'see' all of the moments play out (although of course this was made easier by my complete belief the final two will become true!).

Spin Xx
bairin breac chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I love this. Especially the Sybil/Branson bit. You write beautifully.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
That was beautifully written and utterly in character all the way through. Moving and amusing all at once, I really did enjoy it :)