Reviews for Blinded By The Light
Guest chapter 10 . 5/29/2014
Did Cas heal Dean's shoulder?
renniespice chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Not a horrible story. It had potential. Too many character clich├ęs and not enough depth. How did Dean feel to be blind. He also had an arm in a cast and was shot both which were forgotten quickly. He was beaten also forgotten if he was tied up as it would ha e been painful. There was no fluidity or consistency throughout.

Why was Dean to run towards the wind? Wind changes direction and why would a person want to run upwind from a hunter. Wind does not equal road.

Like I said really good story idea just needed to be more consistent and indepth.
OceanEye1235 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
ohhhhh suspenseful! I CANT WAIT TO READ THE REST!
BlackIceWitch chapter 9 . 2/20/2012
I like Rufus too ... he's very useful with that all that info tucked into his melon.

Dean got cocky? ;)
BlackIceWitch chapter 8 . 2/20/2012
Nice spellwork from Sammy!
BlackIceWitch chapter 7 . 2/20/2012
They didn't make a lot of it in the show, but I always wondered how hard it would be for the boys to get around when they were being pursued by demons, angels and misinformed hunters as well - not to mention the periodical nationwide plastering of their faces on the Most Wanted Lists of law enforcement - glad that plastic surgery was out of the question though ;)
BlackIceWitch chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
Sam snores like a monster truck - like that very much.
BlackIceWitch chapter 5 . 2/20/2012
I do like Crowley :)
BlackIceWitch chapter 4 . 2/20/2012
LOL ... saved from a nasty conversation by Castiel - what WAS Sam going to say!
BlackIceWitch chapter 3 . 2/20/2012
Great Bobby conversation!
BlackIceWitch chapter 2 . 2/16/2012
"I will return."

Bonus points for not using the obvious line - "I'll be back." Would have gotten a laugh from Dean, I guess.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
And the question is, where IS Castiel when you need him?
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
A nice beginning to the story, starting with the mystery of who spirited them away from the demons that ambushed them... and of course the fact that he was blind isn't discovered because his whole face is swollen (eyes are probably swollen shut).

You have Bobby's character in very nicely.

Good job!
BlackIceWitch chapter 10 . 12/30/2011
Aside from some formatting problems, this story read very well indeed. The character's voices, and their dialogue was spot on, to the point and carried the action well.

The only thing I can say is that the logic fell down in the last two chapters. (This is strictly from a reader's perspective, please understand). No matter what kind of woods they are, running through them when you can't see is just not an option. Concussion through impact with a tree or low hanging branch, tripping over logs, branches, shrubs, rocks etc. Even a trail twists and turns and is unlikely to remain even, level and straight for so long. Perhaps using his other senses and hiding might have been a better option for Dean, especially as Eddie had left his phone on him, and you'd already established that Sam could track him through the GPS? (Apologies if other reviewers have pointed this out already).

When nearing the completion of the first draft, it can really pay to go back and read and re-read for sense and logic as well as grammatical errors, spelling etc. If it's possible, get someone else to read through the first draft to check this as well (my poor husband gets this job - and he reads sloooooow, it's agonising waiting for him to finish and let me know what he thinks!)

The story was solid, aside from that, and heart-rending to see Dean struggling with something that he must have taken for granted - his own health and strength. Nice one :)
Wynefred chapter 10 . 12/25/2011
Pocahontas? Awesome!

I love a happy ending. Thanks for a very entertaining story. :D