Reviews for Faith and Fear
Iron-Mantis chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Valeyard! but i'm also thinking it MIGHT have been the John Hurt Doctor.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
The Valeyard... my guess had been it was himself, but it specifically being the Valeyard version of himself makes even more sense.
What do you suppose he believes in, though? Cause what immediately came to my mind was Ten taking to the Beast in the Pit and saying he believed in Rose... but that's too specific to Ten (and maybe Nine), probably, so I guess if you go on from that and other stuff he often says, you could say he believes in humanity and their potential brilliance (which is always demonstrated well by his companions), but I'm still not quite sure that was it.
-Wings
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
It makes me wonder if the Dream Lord might be the Valeyard, the evil incarnation of the Doctor? Still, did like this view of how the Doctor could be seeing things in his life around him.
TaleWeaver chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Um, sorry, but who was Evelyn? I thought I knew all the doctor's companions, but not that one. (I thought the only companions of the Doctor's who'd died were Sara Kingdom, Katrina of Troy, (1st) Adric (5th) and Peri (6th) )

You've got Charley from the 8th doctor audiobooks, but what about Samantha Jones, the 8th doctor's companion from the BBC novels? She and the 8th doctor were so close that at least one other companion thought they were lovers, she was definitely in love with him, & when she was lost in the galaxy, he spent a four-book arc looking for her that included two years in prison. (Actually, a lot of people think she was the basis for Rose Tyler.) Sam also had her entire time-line re-written to make her into the perfect companion for him, and apparently she died only a year or two after she left the Doctor, when she was supposed to live to ninety-odd (I say apparently, because a good chunk of the Time War took place in the books between when she left and when he saw her tombstone in the final 8th doctor book.)

As for the Dream Lord? Well, you did say not enough screen time... what about Omega? Wasn't he supposed to one be of the greatest time lords ever, and turned into a psychotic collection of antimatter because he was trying to run an experiment to help his people? (also, the main reason for the Three Doctors, which was awesome!)
Harry2 chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I think the Doctor saw in the mirror The Master! These two may have had their differences, but if there is one thing that they did have in common is that they both were Time Lords. If anyone could understand what happened, it would be him.