Reviews for To the Stars
Sailor Pandabear chapter 47 . 8/9
very good
Lander Blazer chapter 47 . 8/5
This is one of the longest, and most epic, fics I ever saw!

Honestly, everything is good, and it made me so much entraled with everything!

And I actually love the main couple, they just seem so perfect for each other with their conflicting personalities, heck, even their powers. A match made in heaven, haha.

Keep up the good work!
Zivyx chapter 9 . 8/4
Ryouko saw Kyouko die and Sayaka was alive?
miao plankton chapter 47 . 8/4
I have no idea how you managed to build a world this elaborate, complex and riveting just from an anime. Youce built an entire world with its own fake history and government and magic laws, yet still recognizably familiar to the Madoka universe. And it's not just the world building; your action scenes and mysteries are positively nerve wracking. I'm glad I just discovered your fic now because if I'd been reading it back when you were only in the middle of the wormhole debacle, or the rogue colony, I would have gone crazy with anticipation.

I just love your story. It's a work of art. I hope you never give up on this story.

Some questions I have:
1. Is the Madoka Movie canon for this fic? Or does it happen some time in the future when Mami and Kyoukasho finally find Homura? Is that why she's missing?
2. How many arcs are you planning this story to be? Sounds like it would take a long time or a miracle to win the squid war. And we haven't seen much of the squid in a while too.
Rowan Seven chapter 47 . 8/1
SPOILERS.

Hello, and apologies for the late feedback. A combination of real life developments and a fanfic of my own has been keeping me busy, and this (as well as a few other things that probably shouldn't have) got placed on the back burner. I'm trying to catch up now, so, to start, let me say that I really like your depiction of future Paris. You gave the city a tremendously intriguing ambience, and there's something that seems very appropriate about Parisians refusing to sacrifice their skyline. That's exactly what I'd expect from a proud citizenry and is something one already sees on much smaller scales when less ambitious urban retrofits are proposed. It's also a clever explanation for why your Paris looks the way it does.

Ryouko's interactions with Sacnite and Nana in the early scenes were an interesting exploration of her current mindset, and I found Ryouko's realization that she's in some ways mirroring her father to be amusing. Nana's words and the Homura quotes added a thoughtful philosophical element too, and it's nice to see that Ryouko is becoming more aware of when people try to coopt her. As for Asami, her role here and elsewhere in the chapter was a pleasant reminder of what she brings to her relationship with Ryouko by complementing her socially. If the previous chapter is any indicator, I imagine Ruiko might've been upset if she missed out on the opportunity to get Elisa's autograph through Ryouko.

The real highlight of this chapter, though, were the interactions between Ryouko, Asami, and their actors. I like how you tied these exchanges back to Ryouko's own thoughts about life's possibilities, and Elisa is a fascinating character. One has to wonder what it's like from her perspective, to study and inhabit the roles of other people so convincingly that she can pass herself off as them. Airi benefited from compelling characterization too, and her acting session with Ryouko was very expressive and shed insights on both her and on Ryouko. The nature of that conversation has me pondering if there's an Incubator on its way to pay Airi a visit in the near future, though. She seems to have a wistfulness/dissatisfaction with life and a wish that could make her a strong candidate for a contract, and I like the idea of Ryouko being a catalyst, that these one-off meetings that seem relatively trivial to Ryouko have profound impacts on the other party setting them on the path to awakening their potential. I'm still expecting that Priska Hofler from several chapters ago might return to the story as a magical girl at some point.

Your portrayal of Clarisse's situation and how she wants to handle it was very well done. It's strongly reminiscent of famous celebrities coming "out of the closet" to encourage others like themselves and normalize their way of life, and, assuming the movie does well, I can envision Clarisse becoming famous among AIs similar to how Ryoko is famous among humans. So, double the star power, I guess?

I'm not sure what to expect from the set-up for the next chapter but, as always, I'm looking forward to it. This story continues to be one of the most visually engaging and thought-provoking fanfics I've had the pleasure to read, and you have my sincere thanks for the time and effort you put into it. Good luck with your writing.
All i see for 2 chapters at the start is that anyone manipulates everyone ,to much psycho bull...
Type your review for this chapter here...
Random Guy chapter 47 . 7/5
I'm looking forward to Ryouko' reaction when she's finally seeing the finished movie, with lots of lolz. And some kind of teasing from Asami at her reaction.
Random Guy chapter 45 . 7/4
Wings? Really? I was soooooo looking forward to her seeing some hints about witches (which has yet to appear), like a part of a labyrinth or a mermaid tail or something Orz
Random Guy chapter 44 . 7/4
Finally. Yuma stopped being a plot device/background this chapter, and her past fits her personality so well I suspect our beloved Hieronym had it planned out from the beginning.
Random Guy chapter 41 . 7/4
Wait what?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Clarisse!
Random Guy chapter 33 . 7/3
I see it as a sign of competent writing that I'm pretty impatient with this interlude to get back to ryuoko but still read it through, and then forgetting to be impatient halfway through.
Smithrooks chapter 47 . 7/2
This does not bode well...

Let's at least hope that this isn't going to be life-threatening. Politics is confusing at the best of times, and extremely dangerous at the worst. I continue to enjoy your portrayal of this futuristic Humanity, looking forward to more!
Random Guy chapter 4 . 6/28
One thing keeps nagging me. Homura shouldn't think of madoka as a goddess. Others maybe as they've never seen her, but from what "rebellion" implies, Homura remembers everything at least starting from Sayaka's death, so from that moment on, Madoka should be just a bff.
Doge chapter 1 . 6/27
Wow. 590k words, 5 years and running, 1k reviews, looks like a promising fic.
1,128 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »