Reviews for To the Stars
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 31 . 4/22
AMAZING chapter as always.
I have only just found this fic, and I am impressed with how good it is.
keep up the good work
If she's limited by mass I'm surprised she can move huge soldiers covered in armour and guns around at all, drones should be super light, also it's a shame she's limited by mass instead of weight since otherwise the low grav would have helped out.

Also, is it better for her to make a bunch of fast short teleports or a long one, what would be faster? 10 - 10m jumps or 1 100m jump?
Man you are a genius. Keep the good work ...
Dat inherent assumption that it has to be a boy
That was chapter 26 . 4/18
The most brutal tranquil fury I have ever read. It was so detached and clinical, yet heated and gruesome.
Violins are cool chapter 23 . 4/18
"Lost Love?" Violin? Kyouko? Composer's definitely Kyousuke.
Angel Is A Centerfold chapter 1 . 4/18
Hi,

I just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica just two days ago and I figured, being an avid fan of fanfiction, to try some out in the category.

Never have I imagined that the very first story I would stumble upon would be so magnificent.

It's incredible! There's not much else you can say about it, and the sheer gargantuan effort you've clearly invested in even creating this world is unbelievable.

I just wanted to thank you, because I've been having a bad few months lately and this really revitalized me (although the actual series was helpful in that regard as well). I'm glad I took my friend's advice to actually watch what by all means appeared to be an anime about pre-pubescent girls in frilly costumes playing with magic.

As far as the story itself, I can't imagine any input I might have for you can possibly add to your immense vision for the story, so I'll just say that "Mami Watches a Movie" was awe-inspiring, the Interlude was so good that I wish it were its own separate story (and by that I mean the formation of MSY as a whole, not just Ito's story) and that I hope there's at least a semi-satisfying conclusion to the whole Homura-Madoka story line, though if that's not the direction you intend to take this I certainly hope my words have no effect on you and that you should certainly follow your own intentions.

I see that you updated this story recently, so I hope you keep up the good work! I look forward to the coming chapters.

So did this war not shape the world at all? There are a still individual languages and ethnicities? I mean if the world was in martial law and the United Whatever it was got to design the way the world was repopulated, why the fuck would they segregate people instead of mixing the world and blending it until it mono-cultured properly?

I mean since you said the population doubled and cities got rehabilitated it seems like it could have been very easy to move people.
I thought you couldn't send images of incubators in recordings?
On the director it said very prestigious but none of these people got that on their info dump.

Also it's awkward because she has at least one bug on her.
Is olfactory really more primitive than touch? Really?

Also, it was said in the earlier chapter that the sun was dimmed to avoid blinding them, I can't imagine they are in danger of getting blinded with all of these mechanical editions, and that's just the magical girl stuff. The real humans probably have completely mechanical eyes with zoom and shit, but even magical girls could have ways to censor light so they don't get blinded, if it's even possible for them.

Really enjoying the story, I've only seen the Puella Magicka Madoka one or whatever didn't even know there was more so I had no idea who Yuma and shit was
Okay, hold on one second the church that isn't the cult is the Catholic Church what? How do you reconcile Christianity with magic girls and aliens and soul gems and incubators? Not to mention it was really the incubators who changed the universe by creating contracts but obviously she doesn't know that? How is the world not atheistic especially with fuckin embedded AI
DistantUtopia chapter 31 . 4/13
Long time fan of TtS reviewing for the first time; I'm sorry I'm late!

This story is amazing. Likable and fleshed out OCs, appropriately sparse but awesome divine intervention, and a detailed, immersive world are but a few factors making this my favourite story on this site. AI and biological/cybernetic tech are especially interesting for me. The focus between fleet battles and magical girls is also nicely balanced.

Regarding more recent chapters, was very sad to see Erwynmark's demise (was hoping to see some more Mami x Erwynmark). Also would have been easier on the humans later on if the alien fleet suffered massive damage/destruction while going back through the wormhole. And lastly, I thought the entire point between suitors/arranged marriage for MGs was to breed better MGs? It could be far easier for Shizuki/Kuroi families to just kidnap/legally claim Ryouko's future child somehow (though, I guess that atm everyone thinks that she is attracted to girls, so... eh).

In any case, THANK YOU so MUCH for creating this world! I look forward to future chapters!
Khimintu chapter 6 . 4/12
The discussions that took place during the meeting was a bit complicated for me, with all the military jargon and all, but I think that's a good thing in the context of the story. It reflects the complexity of the situation, and I was at least able to understand the gist of it. I also think you conveyed the tension very well. Overall, very good chapter. I liked how it went a bit more into the political aspects of this universe's setting.
Khimintu chapter 4 . 4/12
Fantastic chapter! I just recently started reading this, and I must say I absolutely love it. As for this chapter specifically, it was very well done in my opinion. The imagery of the battle scenes were well written, and I think using a movie about Homura's life is a very effective strategy for describing the history of the setting of the universe.