Reviews for Cascade
Flaming-June chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
Guh ... ;_; Unfortunately, I'm relating to your 'fic very closely. I loved it. So beautiful.
Maloire chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
aw... yeah... regret is a heavy word... you have a lot of depth in the story... :) great work, although a little dampening of the spirits...
reveileb maerdyad chapter 1 . 6/15/2002
wow, that was good stuff! really really good stuff! you're right bout laguna being a usually happy man, but i think this serious side of him that you painted suited him better! wow!
itamar chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Okay now that this finally works...let me post it here.

"Cascade" by lanesa

Reading it one time, or a hundred times, the effect of this story never changes. However, I do remember my first impression of this story...the beautifully written prose combined with the deep thoughts made me give a slight shiver. It had the same effect I would wish any story would have an effect on me...I was struck into silent contemplation. All I could do was look at my glowing screen, in a strange wonder...But I saw it. I saw bits of the author in the story, moreso than that. She puts at the bottom that these are a compilation of confused thoughts, but there was nothing confusing about Cascade. A story of a love, of heavy reminescence, becoming regret...and leaving us all in a state of sadness and fear. But not a superficial fear, or sadness, but we are all put into the mind of Sir Laguna in this fanfic. We feel his longing for love, and a fear of something similar happening to ourselves. We wonder at his love, Squall's mother, the girl whose beauty seemed more radiant than Laguna had ever seen. Yet, it was all of reminescence, never to be touched again...never to be felt, never to be held. Just an old man. In the same situation, I would shake at this reminscence. That is why I shook the first time I read this story. This is effectively portrayed because the author combines her writing talent to the depths of her mind and soul and unleashes it. And there it is.
Olive Hue chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Ohhhhh... My poor, perfect Laguna, *sniff* Boy, you sure like pluckin' at the ol' heartstrings, don't you? ;; This was a very sad, moving story... Write more about Sir Laguna in the future, if it please the court!
chiehza D chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
man man laney laney

u made ppl cry

that should tell u somethin bout ur writi put the link to ur story on my website

n ppl are like whoa thats some mad good writing

n they're like more more more!

hehehe XD u talented girlie u

anyway i cant get to ur livejournal so im writin here

ill post later k? D bbai smartyass.
murdermostfowl chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
oh my, so sad. what a dear piece! gentle, goofy, wondrous laguna... it tugs on the heart, it does. lovely job.
Synthology chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
OMG! I am actually crying now! *sniffles byg tyme*

You have truly written Laguna's feelings out so well, it stirred my emotions and here I am typing u I'm in tears and telling ya this is just beyond perfect writing! Luv it all!*-*
Baconfat chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
[Regret is a heavy word.]

I think that pretty much sums up this excellent piece. Definitely sad, and who knew Laguna could be so deep? Great job though, it only makes sense that with age he would realize the mistakes he's made. Beautiful descriptions and imagery here, very touching.
Bella Ragazza chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
oooh, lanesa...i can always count on you for some fabulous angst to read o) i love the last line...well, i loved them all! your writing is fluid and eloquent...i think you write laguna well, under that happiness you know he has a burden to carry. during the ending fmv when he leans toward her grave you can see it in his eyes, i think, and that is what this piece reminded me of.
Larien Starr chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
Very nicely done indeed _* Lots of flowery phrases, makes for an excellent read!
laguna loire1 chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
i am crying right now, the fic was sad! though i had liked it, thanks, it woke me up this morning