Reviews for Polyrhythm
Villain84 chapter 2 . 10/29/2012
I loved this story! I was looking for a good story about Pinkie and Octavia being sisters. I think it's a really cute idea. And this story did not disappoint my any means!

I liked all the thoughts going through Octavia's mind as she went through Ponyville. And I think it's interesting that she actually knew the cake family and have such a history together, that they're old friends.

And that part where Octi and Pinkie reunited. I loved that too, and that whole conversation they had in chapter 2 about everything; reminiscing about their life on the rock farm, and about making plans to stay in Ponyville. I think you kept them both in character well for that, made them have good dialogue, and I really liked all the deep stuff they went on about.

I kinda wonder sometimes about that third sister they had, and I was wondering if you would bring her up. I was a little surprised when you didn't. But what do I know? Maybe it would be hard to bring her up. Maybe she's in the sequel.

I didn't really like how stiff you described their parents were, especially after Pinkie's party, how after they went back to their strict, boring selves who wanted to keep the girls on the farm... but then again, it was apparently played a part in this story here.

I think it was well written. Your writing style is great!

I'll be on the lookout for that sequel if you're still going for it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
a bit too long and boring for my taste
Adriana-Valkyrie chapter 2 . 5/12/2012
Yai me gusto tu os, lastima que se acabo, me estoy volviendo fanatica de estas dos posibles hermanas, bueno cuidate y ojala continues pronto
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Different view of Octavia than what I normally see, and Pinkie Pie as her sister, interesting twist.
Jhayk' sulliy chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
I liked this story. And I really do fibd it plausible that pinkie is Octavia's sister. Most don't, saying that the sister seen in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" was too fair-furred, and ibsay fooey. I, like my Grandfather, was born eith light brown hair. As I aged, like my grandfather, my hair darkened. Now at 18, my hair is so dark that I mark it as black on even legal documents, as anyone not five inches from my face wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. Hair darkens as most mammals age, I don't see ponies as any exception. With that, I'm exhilarated to hear(read?) that you'll becdoing more with this story. I almost thought that you forgot about the gala(very unlike you to forget canon) but it was in there! I love how your stories fit seamlessly with canon, particularly you Endless Sky trilogy.
Quill Inkwell chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
Oh, well now I need to know what happened when Pinkie went to the farm! I'm a fan of the family dynamic in general and this dynamic in specific, so I'm looking forward to seeing that develop. Likewise, the foil between Octavia and Pinkie Pie. The characters are so wildly different (at least in so far as a lot of things I've read) that it's guaranteed to be fun seeing how the next story turns out.
Arcticmist chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
I'm glad your not dropping it of there. I really want to see more it's fantastic keep going.
Heart of Blades chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
Haha, by over I thought you meant over over. Anyway, thrilled to see this updated and getting some great interaction between Octavia and Pinkie, overall it was very sweet, dramatic and sprinkled with great humor! lol

Great idea with this being like, a prelude to the bigger story, can't wait to see that! But no rush, you do have lots of other fics I want to see updated first, lol
Festus Flare chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
That was just too sweet! Pinkie, never change! I'll be waiting for that new story, I seriously will!

Why do I get the feeling that Pinkie's musical partner is going to be Vinyl Scratch...
Kael Hyun chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
Ah with Octavia staying in Ponyvill you can have her be around for Nightmare night (which would make sense as an Octavia recolor in a scarecrow costume was playing the Violin at the consort in that episode)
Jasper Sealights chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
Everything about this chapter was perfect. (: Can you guess what I'm going to say next? Yep! It's my new favorite thing you've ever written! Again!

Both Pinkie & Octavia are very in-character [well, based on our head-canon Octavia, anyways]. The interaction between them, the action, and the dialogue, all of it was adorable, and the relationship these two have is clearly very strong, despite the fact that they've been apart for so long. I love sisterly bonds like their, and all the details of the things they did and said to one another in the past were an incredibly nice touch.

It's really realistic that their parents would revert back to their old ways, even if it is sad. I do quite love that little addition to the story As well as the whole rock slide deal that Pinkie caused in order for Octavia to run away. That definitely sounds like something she'd do, haha.

If anyone gives you shit about Pinkie's seriousness, I'm going to be smacking some bitches. Nothing pisses me off more than the view of Pinkie just being some mindless ball of hyperactive randomness. She may be hyperactive and random, and even a bit crazy, but she's a smart girl, and she's proven many times that she can think just as well as anyone else. Hell, she knows even more than her friends do a lot of the time. Anywho, I just appreciate you treating her in a good light with the nice mixture of silliness and sincerity. It's very nice.

Pinkie's vigor in convincing Octavia to stay was really sweet, and I'm actually happy it ended like this. I can't wait to see your next Octavia story, and I'm quite interested to see how a visit to the rock farm might actually turn out

Almost forgot - I love that Pinkie got Octavia's address from Celestia! Wasn't expecting that, but it makes so much sense now. Really nice touch! And also, I liked Octavia's thoughts about the reasoning behind her trying so hard to fit in with the Canterlot natives [lol, I love that]. Introspective is always nice, as are epiphanies.

Can't wait to see more Pinkie & Octavia interaction, because it's quite perfect the way you do it!
Kael Hyun chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Few things: Fools should be Foals as with the shows Pun based grammar. It doesn't make much seance for Octi have been the the eldest sister as Canon clearly shows Pinkie was the eldest of the three. Otherwise interesting start sorry to be a nitpicker. Personally I love the idea that Octavia is Pinkies sister though, and I'd love for this story to be somewhat connected to your 'A Scratch in the Mirror' story.
Arcticmist chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Great start yes please right more. So Octavia is Pinkie's sister now that I think of the flashback one if Pinkie's sisters and Octavia DO share a resemblence. I wonder what became if the 3rd. Keep going it's great I really lime it.
Zervziel chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oooo. Nice story. It's been awhile since I've read a Pinkie/Octavia fic since...Ok the is the first one. And a good first one it is. Everything and everypony is happy. No bad things happening just a musical mare marching up to meet her missing matchingly musical sister. Marvelous.
Heart of Blades chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Ah, you jerk! This fic was so good and totally drew me in. I was so invested in Octavia and her journey and then it ends so abruptly! lol, oh well. SO yeah, I totally loved this and your handling of Octavia is just how I see her. Loved the little background details you gave her. If this really is going to be a chapter fic, well then I can't wait for the update. Great work!