Reviews for Scented Venom
1AngelOfDarkness101 chapter 10 . 7/26/2013
That was a really good story, the only thing I really have to say is that in someway they knew exactly how the elements worked. In keep calm and flutter on they talked about the elements as if there was a switch on them that said banish for a thousand years and freeze into a statue. They talked as if they could use them whenever and completely understood and had complete control over the elements. Not one time did they make it seem as if they didn't know what the out come would be. The rest of it was a great marvelous story! I kind of new that would happen the whole Selena comes back thing by the way she had said "forgive me" I mean what else could she have planned lol :P Well awesome story you're a great writer!
1AngelOfDarkness101 chapter 7 . 7/26/2013
NOOOOO PLEASE NOT MY FAVORITE PONY!
Some Stories chapter 10 . 7/3/2013
Very good story. I liked how Princess Celestia had no choice but to take out Discord, despite being in love with him. A much better ending than the canon, where Discord turns good because of Fluttershy.
BeyondTheBlack chapter 2 . 5/24/2013
B-but Disocrd is a Draconequus not a chimera ._. Don't hurt me
Lit. Metalhead chapter 10 . 3/26/2013
This was a beautiful story. You should post it on Fimfiction.
Props.
Mariub chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
I WANT A BAD ENDING!
AmbrosioLoup chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
Coincidentally, I was listening to thy hand Belinda/when I am laid in earth by Henry Purcell whilst reading the part where Celestia takes off her Royal Attire. It was perfect :)

watch?vQpyxYq4LgF4&featuremy_liked_videos&listLL7oDushBXEX6p6YYQRSALdQ
Pit chapter 9 . 9/19/2012
There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now. I spent the last few days reading this story, as I could already sense that it was going to be good and I wanted to savor every moment, but... wow. Just wow.

Everything in this story was portrayed so well. Rarity using Sol's sword, Discord manipulating Twilight, even the mature Celestia and Discord scene. You had just the right amount of everything in this story and that's something very, very rare when it comes to fanfictions.

I am looking forward to your future creations and you can be assured that I'll be checking you out frequently.
Elemental Queen chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
That was so epic! I loved the battle scene with Luna, I could imagine that in vivid detail, the ice thing was so cool! Darkly awesome overall, loved this story! Fun read. :)
Grey Prophet chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Ah, it's been too long. I actually read this chapter and several others a few months ago, so I went over the story again for the expressed purpose of giving a good review for this chapter.

Let's start with the writing mechanics/style and from there move on to the subject matter (which I care a lot more for).

As per usual, overall everything flows very well. The transitions are excellent. There are some wordings that stuck out as a bit strange to me (I'm guilty of similar offenses in my writing too). For examples, "finely regulated" breathing, and "calm internally". I think passages such as these can be reworded to be more concise. For instance, the former could just be "breathing steadily" (also, in that scene, I found it odd that Celestia would be breathing regularly, granted that she had suffered a terrible nightmare...then again, Luna is there to comfort her. Even then, though, I would suggest that she show some lingering irregularity).

Now for the story. As this was largely written to set up the plot down the road, I still found it enjoyable. There were several things that I had trouble with, the most notable being Luna's relationship with madness. As Nightmare Moon, she already embraced corruption and madness, so I would be inclined to believe that she would be able to relate with Celestia more intimately on that level (especially since both suffered from demons [personal and real] over a long period of time). Overall, your Luna comes across strong, well-meaning, and humbled (in the sense that she accepts her past deeds to have been wicked and does not quarrel with her sister on issues of the past). However, I presume that this is to set up for her imminent seduction and corruption at the hands of Discord. After all, it wouldn't be fun for him to torment a weak, meek little Luna.

As for Celestia, you've in many ways captured what I had been wanting to write about her for a year now. Currently I'm writing the final chapter of my story, and, as it is, we share a few similar ideas in regards to Celestia's relationship with power, history, and morality. I'll just put it at that, I don't want to ruin anything...

Once more, Discord's chat with Celestia was well written, though I think that you did a better job in previous chapters in injecting some of Discord's childish indifference or quirky mannerisms into the rather philosophical discourses. I think he comes off a bit serious, but still unmistakably Discord. Basically what I'm saying is this: it works very well in the story and I really like it, but if you're looking for something to touch up on, I'd start there.

As I've said, these are just recommendations if you still want to work on the story or observations that I had. Anyway, I look forward to continuing the tale.

Grey Prophet
redxcanary chapter 10 . 5/1/2012
amazing story!

loved every bit of it!

DarkeonWarlord chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was an amazing example of what can be written if one puts there mind to it. Few fics ever manage to characterize Discord right, so when someone does, the effort is worth reading. Although the ending felt a bit rushed, I still loved it. 9/10
BigHair chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
i honestly don't know what to say about this story other than it was completely and utterly AMAZING. it was so powerful and action-packed that i never wanted to stop reading! seriously, i've stayed up till two in the morning reading this lol and the way you portrayed the characters and actually kept them IN character was equally fantastic. i absolutely loved the complexity of Celestia's and Discord's relationship, as well as her motherly one with Twilight and Luna. btw the Luna/Discord fight scene EPIC. just...EPIC. and the last chapter was just... so MUCH...epic WINNN! XD i've gotten so into this story that i actually cried at the end for Celestia TTwTT i was like "Yay! she won! she finally got her peace! good for you, Tia! (sniff)" and then i cried cuz it was over TTATT the way you constructed this story and made it flow the way you did just dived into all of my emotions the right way at the exact right time! to put it short, your timing (and this story) was nothing short of perfect. :) i absolutely fell in love with this story and i applaud you for creating such a literary masterpiece :D and i squeed when i read that you were planning on writing a prequel X3 lol i'm so excited that i think i might explode! XD (haha wouldn't that be awesome?) i'm actually working on a Celestia and Luna vs Discord fanfic myself (when they defeated him the first time) but now my self-esteem kinda took a blow from the awesome epicness of your story TTATT lol but i would love for you to read it once i post it and tell me what you think! :D anyhoo, amazing story. one of the best i've ever read. actually, number one :3 great job! :D and i look forward to reading more of your work in the near future!

Rachel

P.S. i am so reading this again :D
BronyBraeburn chapter 10 . 4/15/2012
The dialogue between Sol and Rarity was a nice break from the heart-pouding action, and "Shut up, Sol!" always had me laughing. I like the idea of Rarity being good with a sword, so many pirate images. They make a cute couple, very natural and organic, not forced like other OC couples. I hope we'll see more of them in the future.

What is it about Discord that makes me cry when he's defeated? I felt sad even though I cheered when he was defeated in the show, and though I've been calling for his death for several chapters now, it still hurt to watch him die. I'm glad Celestia felt the same; it was touching and heart-breaking to see her mourn his death at the very end, and I'm glad Discord didn't speak during that part. Better to wonder what he felt at the very end and if he had any positive feelings toward her still, or if he just cared about destroying her. It was well worth the wait and an awesome ending to an amazing fic.
redxcanary chapter 3 . 4/12/2012
this story is really good so far!

i love your writing style, but seeing as it's 2am i'll have to finish it tomorrow..