Reviews for Home Alone
guest chapter 1 . 1/27
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I know absolutely nothing about this show, except that Perry likes to wear a hat (I think it's a fedora? - is that this show? I'm sure it was), so yes, I claim total ignorance about anything.

I really liked this piece. It has a simple execution and it's a very light-hearted. I don't know much about Perry, but from this story I get the sense that he really takes care of the family and does a lot of things behind the scenes that no one really knows about, and it's really cute. The part where he starts walking faster when Baljeet breaks into a lecture really made me laugh. It sounds like he's been subjected to one of these lectures on many occasions. I think you did a very good job writing out the children's personalities - they all come off with very distinct personalities. I like that Buford has Baljeet sign out library books for him because he doesn't want to damage his reputation by doing it himself.
Green Phantom Queen chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I've watched a few episodes of Phineas and Ferb and it's interesting to see a type of story just as this. First off, the characterization for Isabella, Baljeet and Buford were spot on. I could see lots of their characterization not only by how they spoke, but also because of their actions. It seems so normal, and that's fine with me.

Second by seeing your author's notes and dedication, I can see how you interweave sfulton229's loves into the story in her memory. I'm curious to those James Garner movies that are mentioned, and Phineas being into Alice in Wonderland is cute and interesting. Reminds me of John Lennon's love for that special little book (And I love it too.) It shows that Phineas could relate to Alice in the ideas of using logic against the strange Wonderland. It reminds me of a quote I heard of: "Most people in this world look at things and ask why. I imagine the things that haven't happened and ask why not."

And yeah, I was wondering where Phineas and Ferb got the money for those inventions. If Perry is not only keeping a camera work on the inventions (as seen in the movie), then of course he'd find a way to pay for them. And since Doofenshmirtz is shown making all of those crazy 'inator' machines, I'm sure he's been able to get money somewhere.

A very nice story and tribute to a good friend. And may sfulton229 rest in peace.
IrishPanther chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
So I've dabbled on the Phineas and Ferb cartoon back awhile ago, and I have to say that I loved what you did in this fic!

You got everyone's characterization down to a 'T.' Lovely Isabella with her catchphrase, wondering where Phineas is; Buford being the bully to poor Baljeet, and even he doesn't find it troubling being inside a bicycle basket while explaining the difference between the singular and plural of platypus...and I loved the line right after that! XD

That gets me to the lovely protagonist in the story; Perry. I swear, I always wonder if his secret gets out of living a double life as a household pet and a secret agent ridding the tri-state area of Doofenshmirtz. I sure do hope it doesn't happen, because that means chaos will erupt, and the citizens can't let that happen, now can they?!

Anyway, you did a fantastic job describing what a normal day (or what appears to be not normal) of the platypus is like. Fetching the mail and sorting it out by the members of the family...what a good pet he is! And what a nice way of intertwining the boys' numerous projects and all their supplies they get by letting good old Doofenshmirtz pay for all of that...oh, Perry, what a sly dog - err, platypus - you are. And yes, Ferb is simply the ladies' man; that is all.

In terms of SPAG, everything looked amazing here, as no mistakes were spotted! Again, I enjoyed reading this lovely one-shot, and I guarantee that your friend would have loved it! This will now be in my favorites collection; congrats on the achievement! :)
Edhla chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Hi :) Not familiar with this fanfic, but I'll give anything a go at least once :)

The first thing that I notice is the disclaimer... I'd be tempted to put it after the narrative so people don't have to wade through anything to get to the actual fic. YMMV, though.

As an Australian, I really have to vouch for platypuses being heartbreakingly adorable. [/cool story, sis]

Teal-furred? As in greeny-blue? I have no idea, but I'll go with it. It's adorable. The line about the National Enquirer made me smile. I also thought you did a really good job with Baljeet's dialogue, which stands out as much more stilted than the others' dialogue.

"Once he was through..." this is a really rich and interesting paragraph, and I especially loved the mention of Lewis Carroll. That said, it's also pretty long. I'd consider looking at if you could cut it anywhere.

Perry... is awesome. Anyone who loves Plants Vs Zombies could only be awesome. :D

I'm sorry to see that this is dedicated to someone who passed away. I hope you're doing okay with your loss now. xx
StarStorm19 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
So that's how they get the money to do all those things and to think we all thought Doofenshmirtz was just a bad inventor . LOL
Ennui Enigma chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I am not an expert on the Phineas and Ferb fandom, still, I find myself smiling while reading this. The word pictures are cute and detailed. I can picture them clearly in my head.

I loved the part about Baljeet's lecture on the various plural forms of 'platypus'!

Well written. Cute. Witty.

Your bookends of "Standard Fanfic Disclaimer" and your "Dedication" are worth reading almost as much as the story. The first made me laugh out loud. The second almost generated a tear.

Great job! Thanks for sharing!
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I'm not very familiar with this fandom, but I do have to say that this was an interesting read. From what I have seen of the show, I always did enjoy Perry's character. Since I don't watch it very often, I found the little bits of information about the family (like the fact that the dad was actually a stepfather) to be quite interesting.

I really liked the dialogue that you had going in the chapter, as well as the description, especially where Perry was concerned. Lovely!

An excellent read! Thanks so much for sharing and well done!

Cheers!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
This was a really nice fic - humorous, and with nice insight. The dialogue between Buford, Baljeet and Isabella was quite funny, and I loved your descriptions of Perry fetching the mail and hurrying to avoid a lecture on plurals, lol! The sorting the mail gave rather nice insight on the family - I especially liked the parts about Candace, and Ferb and his girl penpals. Very nice work, and a sweet tribute to your friend…
MalkieriJester chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Well, as a 30 yo father of 3, I must say that I am a huge P&F fan. This story was great, and the explanation for how all the projects are financed is a wonderful extrapolation. The personification of Perry was wonderful as well; believable and enjoyable.

And thank you for sharing the dedication to your friend at the end, it was intelligent, heartfelt, and touching. There is a Yellow Rose in Texas...
MessengerOfDreams chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
A very cute, quaint little story about the little platypus that, unbeknownst to everyone else, is perhaps the most impactful figure in every characters' lives. I like that, and I like how in character everyone is, and how much this fits the mood of the show itself. It's a quiet subtle story but that just makes it all the better. Great work!
Don't Mess With Aria chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
'Zombie Unicorns of Gor' -vwry nice. Like this.
Rather than say they were riding a bike, you might consider having them show up, or indicate Isabella see them ridr up, or somethings. 'Were riding' is a little passive.
The description of the mail reads a little long.
Hahaha, shify platypus.

Very nice story. And a lovely dedication. Sorry for your loss.
words-with-dragons chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing person. :)

I ALWAYS wondered how the boys paid for everything! Finally someone has answered it! :D
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
So, since you mentioned this wonderful story in the forum, I decided I just had to check it out...and I'm so happy I did. I do enjoy Phineas and Ferb. I wouldn't call myself a die-hard fan, but I have a six and a four-year old, so I do watch it often. And, oh, I just LOVED this. Not only is the reason behind it beautiful (I'm so sorry your friend passed away), but it's a cut story as well. And a Perry story...how wonderful is that! And, I think you portrayed exactly what Perry would do if he were home alone. I loved that he racked up the credit card! I'd love to read more. Great story, my dear. Thank you for sharing. :)
Glittering Turquoise chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
*chuckle* I'm gonna feel so sorry for Dr. Doofensmirtz because Perry made him paying for Phineas' and Ferb's projects. I just can't seem to stop laughing a little.