Reviews for Mask and Mirrors
Helena1414 chapter 21 . 6/28
This is one of the best spuffies ever and definately the funniest. ;)
Helena1414 chapter 3 . 6/15
OMG! Hilarious! Tears of laughter spurting from my eyes. :D
JPElles chapter 21 . 8/18/2013
Wonderful story. Love seeing Spike's mother. Great ending as well.
PeaceHeather chapter 21 . 11/17/2012
Awwww, MUSHY! I love a good mushy sappy ending sometimes. I just do.

This whole story was a hoot and a half to read. Thanks for sharing it. And WHY wasn't it over on EF? Maybe I am wrong, but I could have sworn I never saw it there.

Cheers!
PeaceHeather chapter 16 . 11/17/2012
You've got me all a-quiver with anticipation. Good luck, Spike!

Also: I like that you've got him using the computer here again - we know he can, after all - and of course the manly-bonding-against-their-will thing is always cute between the fellas.
PeaceHeather chapter 15 . 11/17/2012
Anne is awesome... but just a *touch* too close to being a Mary Sue, I'm afraid. She's able to fix every problem, even the ones from Season 6 that you brought into the story ahead of time. Again, I love her and I'm really enjoying the story! And I think it was completely realistic to have Willow respond the way that she did; you built up this side of her personality and her earlier abuse of magic believably. It's just that adding that extra layer of "things Anne Pratt can remedy" might have been too much. She's not just a kind and loving mother, now she's a psychologist too?

Eeh. You can tell how upset I am over this by the way in which I shall now go on to read the next chapters, and gush about them. :D

I thought it was very well done, btw, how you had Spike discover his chip was out, and how we got the information from Melchior that originally was delivered by the Council. And I think it's cute that Anne and Giles may be getting together, since that will give us "Randy Giles" actually being Rupert's (step) son if things continue to their logical conclusion! Heh.
PeaceHeather chapter 13 . 11/17/2012
Yeeeek. Poor Tara. I don't know if I've ever actually seen the episode where this happened to her, just the aftermath. So eek.
PeaceHeather chapter 11 . 11/17/2012
Oh, darn, I was sort of hoping that Buffy or someone would get to Spike. It makes perfect sense why you didn't do that in this retelling of the incident, don't get me wrong - he wouldn't have wanted to lead the minions back to Revello Drive and his mom, and he probably wouldn't have wanted Anne to see him like this - never mind the part where his crypt is simply closer and easier to get to before sunrise.

Oh well, I've got ten more chapters to go, I'm sure we'll get us some lovely hurt/comfort soon enough. Plus, y'know, looking forward to Spike's realization that the chip is gone. I wonder if Giles or someone will spot the injury on his head and figure it out first...
PeaceHeather chapter 9 . 11/17/2012
Yippee, chip's gone!

My only grammar quibble here is that "disrespect" wasn't really used as a verb until very recently, and therefore isn't a term that a Victorian-era lady would use. Anne would say that a person "shows disrespect", instead.

Can't help it - total grammar nut. That one thing threw off my rhythm a bit, but the rest of this chapter - every INCH of it - was divine. I'd "favorite" the story again but FFnet won't let me.
PeaceHeather chapter 8 . 11/17/2012
My only disappointment in this chapter is that Anne hasn't laid into Xander yet the way Anya did and the rest of them want to. I love her to PIECES. Also, you. Forever. :D
PeaceHeather chapter 7 . 11/17/2012
Yeek, Initiative tazers.

Also, just at this moment, I'm listening to Loreena McKennit's "The Mask and the Mirror". I SEE WAT U DID THERE.
PeaceHeather chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
I wondered how you'd get around to the part where Glory gets hold of Spike, if the bot wasn't involved. Trying to imagine how Anne will react if/when she sees the aftermath. Also, I adore her for shaking up Giles' worldview along with everyone else's... and I love you forever. :)
PeaceHeather chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
This story is just so... cute. I feel like I should feel bad about the Spike-tormenting, but everyone seems to be cutting him some slack because of his mom, so he's mostly just flummoxed and adorable. And Willow isn't yet the vicious, petty, vindictive person we saw in Season 6 so she's willing to drop it and do as he asks with the bot.

Have I mentioned that I love you forever? 'Cause I so do.
PeaceHeather chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
When I read that the spell was going to go ahead I was really REALLY worried about what was going to happen with Joyce. Never saw Mrs. Pratt coming back in a zillion years. I love you forever. Spike all embarrassed as various truths come out, and the rest of them all flummoxed at the nice boy he still is under the duster?

I love you FOREVER.
b chapter 21 . 6/11/2012
Very cute, thanks for that