Reviews for When you forget about her
PhoenixWormwood137 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011

*bangs my head on the keyboard*

I love the Doctor/Rose and it is SOOO sad how he forgot her - even though I'm only three quarters of the way through season two of NewWho and all I have to go on are some spoilers, the knowledge that the Doctor burns up a star to say bye to Rose, and that two-parter episode where the Doctor says an epic speech, gets locked up in the Pandorica, and obtains a fez.

Sorry for the ramble :)

Awwwww. Can't trust the TIme Lords, I guess. :( It's so saaaaaad. :'(
Abandoned Account1111111111111 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
I like River, too, but not in the whole "The Doctor's true love way," it makes me feel like Rose wasn't important, which she really was.

This was fantastic, by the way. I love how spiteful and just how... angry she sounds.

Excellent fanfiction.
ninjakim1 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Can I just say, I love this story. I just really love it. The first time I read it, I was rendered speechless.

I'v always been really pissed with Moffat for NEVER acknowledging at least the EXISTANCE of previouse seasons. SPOILER When I saw Let Kill Hitler and The Wedding of River Song, I was just so insanely happy! This story, it just gives me the same feeling.
QuicksilverWitch chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
This was a brilliant character study of Rose, and I agree with you on her POV/all the points mentioned.

I'm not sure if you saw the episodes in season 6 yet, but I was grateful that Moffat finally acknowledged Ten's companions. Matt Smith's Doctor, while intriguing and fun, really hurt in that he seems not to have learned Ten's lesson of remembering his companions with compassion and fondness, instead of pain (although his ending may, perhaps, imply otherwise, but I digress). Excellent work, keep on writing! :)
Descended From Elves chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I don't hate River either, but I would have liked her a whole lot more if it hadn't been for the 'love-of-his-life' thing.

I also resent the fact that the Doctor casually fobbed Rose off on his clone, cause let's face it, it's not him. Hell, I never noticed it before, but he wasn't all that nice to her in the end. Forcing himself to get over her, perhaps.

Anyway, to stop myself from rambling on, you captured the potential emotions here well. I can just feel that spite!
ShadoweGoddess chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I don't really like River, but yeah, you're right. He moved on right quick... A little too quick in my opinion, granted they did lay the groundwork for it out when he first met her. Ah well. Either way. I like this. I want to see more Rose/11 where River meets her etc etc.

Good job with this btw.

MaryMatthesen chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
No flames here! I agree River is nice and all, but practically pretending Rose didn't exist... That's cold. Well written! And a Jackie Tyler slap to the head for the Doctor (or Mr. Moffatt, whichever)
Alex11215 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I enjoyed this, as I had similar feelings at one point. I kinda got over it (sorta), but I still loved this. The last line was pure gold. I'm guessing this is a one shot, based on the reflective type writing, but it would be interesting to turn this into a multi-chap.
misslondon98 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I love this. I think it really shows how Rose would feel, how frustrated she got. And I understand what you mean about River. In the beginning I really liked her, but as they started pushing her as the one true love in the Doctor's life, more important than anyone else I couldn't help but harbour a little resentment as a Rose/Doctor obsessor. But this really is a fantastic portrayal of how Rose would be feeling, at least in my mind. Great work.
were-fan chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
While I disagree that he forgot her quickly (he did mourn her for years after he lost her), I don't like how the current incarnation supposed feels nothing but guilt towards her. As a Rose/Doctor shipper, it makes me very unhappy. So I'm right there with you - I think that Rose would be hurt and angry to discover that is supposedly all he feels about her now.

(And you're right - that's not an indictment of River. It's an observation that this current Doctor is not the same guy in many many ways.)