Reviews for Pillow Talk
aceofqueens chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Actually, there is a common "trade language" in the Mass Effect galaxy. Its mentioned in the first Mass Effect novel, Ascension. So, no translators needed.

Also, if there were translators, they'd probably be housed in the omni-tool. Omni-tools are pretty much tiny, surgical circuitry embedded in your hand/fingertips. It would function just fine without clothes.

Thought I'd let you know since you asked.
BloodRaven55 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
That was hilarious, particularly when Shepard was trying to find out what Tali had said, now I'm off to find out if Khellish is a language I can learn...goodbye
Randirogue chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Okay... Please don't take this the wrong way.

This series of stories, while reading them, I think they were written *by* or *for* teenage girls... in a good way.

lol.

Seriously, a good way.

They are just so sweet and sentimental and cute and romantic... and well, those are typically associated with naive teenage girls... not, well, adult men.

And now I feel like I made you sound like less than savory.

But you are a sweet guy. A "good guy" as you put it. And that comes through with every ounce of this story. It comes through so thoroughly that I think most readers would not equate you, the writer, as who and what you are.

Too bad, though, because a lot of women would probably like to get to know a successful, well-adjusted, smart, sweet guy like you, like this stories reveals of your view of the world, of your capability to view of the world.

So... well done!
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Great work on this.
SpiritOfSherwood chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
That is too damned adorable for words and I can totally see it being feasible! Too many fics are ruined by an overload of sappiness but you got it right! Really hoping you write more, perhaps a post Omega-4 celebration after achieving No Man Left Behind?

Faving this for The Emperor

The Spirit
RandomGuy chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I liked this oneshot. Seeing Tali nervous is always sweet, and it seems really in character that she'd... scream a lot. Nice job, hope to see more, like maybe another chapter of Dossiers.
StrikerXE chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I believe this codex entry may explain it better that I do:

wiki/Codex/UPDATE:_Bring_Down_the_Sky

About 'Dossiers'... well, I think that's a given, I always play it before getting the Reaper IFF but I know that, like Arrival, it's actually meant to be played after that, but I get it.

Back to this, well that's exactly like I imagined things would go after the scene goes black, it was all really sweet, and just descriptive enough about Tali's looks, that's not easy to pull off, without having to mention your personal image of Tali, leaves it to us to keep the ideas we have, excellent job Holocron!
justanotherguy chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I think your assumptions concerning the translators are pretty much spot on. In the official story (the book Mass Effect: Ascension), the main character Kahlee Sanders has a pendant with a translator that allows her to understand other spoken languages than her own. However, in the same book we also meet Golo, the quarian traitor, who has apparently learned english and speaks it very well (which doesn't make much sense to me but... anyway). In the same book again, it is explained that there has been a lot of mixing up on Earth and that the mainstream look is now much darker, David Anderson being cited as a good representation of the norm in terms of complexions. It is also said that blond hair has become a rarity and blue eyes are exceptionally rare also... This is interesting as it clashes with the game where most human characters are pretty much white occidentals with english-sounding names... but anyway.

I think it is just bad science fiction when everybody (especially aliens, but humans also) speak the same language. The translators in Mass Effect make a lot of sense. Although jewels can be used for translation, some go for an implant. I too think Tali would have a translator in her suit and/or helmet... as it would not make much sense for her to have an implant when most quarians remain on the flotilla most of their life.

For the rest, I thought your story very sweet, well written and in character. Kudos for pulling it off without having to go into too much physical details.
Antique Nova chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
haha. nice, something did bug me though, like i hit small noticeable speed bumps during the silences of the story among other areas during the pace of your story - which as a whole was well done.

looking forward to your future one shots, because i'm trying to resist doing so, less i lose my interest in writing my current story :/.
SergiusTheGreat chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Really nice, you are giving us gold with your one shots. Keep 'em coming!

Cheers!

-Sergius
The Eezoman chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Awesome. That is all. Good job.
Para-Cord chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I like it! You need to make more of these...