Reviews for Familiar and Unfamiliar Summonings
Indecisive Bob chapter 12 . 11/1/2015
I'm really loving your recent chapters with Jaeger. He's certainly an interesting character, though a tad broken. I find his faith really interesting since most characters simply don't show faith in a rational and Loving Christian God. Notice the capital L in "Loving." I really like how you emphasized that one crucial aspect of Christianity over anything else.

In regards to your confusion over people being upset with putting Christian beliefs in a SI character: I think that it's mainly a knee-jerk reaction to real Christianity itself, not religion as a whole. A good deal of religion in fiction is of the corrupt and easily despised kind (Brimiric religion being a prime example), so it's easy for a reader to feel comfortable about reading a story containing such a religion. There's almost no debate on whether the particular religion is right or wrong, it's just obviously wrong. But when just a bit of an actual representation of a real religion is dangerous ground, something that can be argued about and stir up conflict. And let's face it, Christianity probably had more bad rep then good. There are probably many people out there who have had bad experiences with Christianity or know people who have had those bad experiences, so reading a bit about some positive Christianity in a story that's supposed to be read for leisure probably ruins the mood. Sorry for the mini- speech.
Indecisive Bob chapter 4 . 11/1/2015
Ok, that just has to be made into a story. I've never read/watched any actual Naruto or Familiar of Zero material, so I'm not confident I could even scratch the surface of what this could become. But really, that's just too good to stop there.
Indecisive Bob chapter 3 . 11/1/2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, this chapter was a barrel of laughs. Seriously. Way overkill all around. It's hilarious.
Eljin1 chapter 12 . 7/29/2015
i thought it was awesome. without divine guidance, john would have gone the hit and run approach, stalling for time so karin could come and help.
looking forward to more.
bendin chapter 12 . 4/29/2015
Hmm.
I do not know "Familiar of Zero". I'm sure I can't recognize any other scene/setting. Yet I've found your work wery refreshing and inspiring. Thank you for your time - Bendin, Poland (jup, unfortunatelly UE)

P.S. - first chapters are wrong as for as "feudalism" works.
A noble is a local law enforcement (judgejuryexecutionerpoliceprison serviceadvocate...) If a noble is unjust or not efficient his subjects just break contract and go to other noble.
All in all - a very eficient, clean and lean system: the lowest taxes possible maximum personal freedom for any person from any layer of a society - imagine real libertarian heaven with working law system.
Of course that is not teached in the schools - we live in banking tyrany, and our tyrants do not want us to think or to know.
demonianism chapter 12 . 4/23/2015
Bravo! Well done! As always I have a hard time finding any errors in your work. I do wish I could take the time for a more in depth read to dig out something for you, but, like yourself, real life intrudes.

While I didn't find any errors per se: you may want to consider setting a goal for each chapter. Perhaps the goal would be to use some advanced punctuation in the form of colons, semi-colons, or the m dash. Adding some advanced writing techniques can add new subtleties to the written word.

As to the religious nay sayers: sod them. Political correct bullcrap has made people whiny pissants and they've clearly not paid any real attention to D&D works. Maybe they just ignore it because it's not Christianity and thus acceptable.

I would love to read just about any of your dungeon crawler works because they're awesome but the Negi story looked kind of promising...maybe I just want to see Eva looking at Louise and seeing all that potential in a catatonic shell just waiting to be molded and maybe a few personality adjustments here and there...hmmm.
TheLastGarou chapter 12 . 2/23/2015
I don't know about anyone else, but I have no problem at all with your portrayal of Jaeger's motivations and viewpoints. We are what our choices make us and our choices are formed by where we came from, what we know and what we believe.
I started reading this story for the typical FoZ alt-familiar drabble hijinx but the Dungeon Crawler section grabbed my attention immediately. I'll admit, that's probably because it was a six-parter right off the bat, but I stayed because each part held my attention.
Thank you for sharing your work with us.
Go with God.
Celebacist chapter 12 . 1/30/2015
Religion matters debated in a truly fictional story!? Oh my what shall we ever do!? We have to take down this heresy right away! ...yeah...like hell...if any person ever read this work of yours and get offended or being a typical 'religion cist' then fuck'em be...I'm a Muslim and I don't mind other religion being discussed/debated in any medium I viewed..*shrugs* men,not it matters much...on to the story,I read through this thing from the 1st chapter to the end in this one day out of boredom...quite frankly,I love the randomness in the first chapters but then I love it more when the DCiH arc continues. Will be looking forward for further updates
Reymen chapter 5 . 1/27/2015
Would be interested in reading more of this.
Reymen chapter 6 . 1/27/2015
Evangelion, how I like her op-ness character.
Faraway-R chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
Tactical Genius?

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

:D
Faraway-R chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
The idea of this kind of summoning is kinda awesome! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/20/2014
in the last chapter your SI was the mind of god now its saying hes the gandalr? p
Imperceptus Ingenium chapter 12 . 10/28/2014
Excellent story. Can you make another Optimus Prime segment featuring Eleanor, Karin, Cattleya, and Sheffield?
JadeKaiser chapter 12 . 10/18/2014
I just found your writing recently, and I have to say you might be my favorite writer on this site. Not only are you a good writer, but you appear to hold the same convictions that I do, and you are in no way afraid of letting them show in your writing. It's almost like reading something written by my brother or myself, or it would be if we were any good at writing. I looked at some of your blog and stuff going by the links on your profile, and everything STILL matches with what I believe or think almost exactly, and not just on the worldview side of things (Your analysis of the Harry Potter fandom comes to mind). Thank you for the wonderful breath of fresh air.
495 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »