Reviews for Familiar and Unfamiliar Summonings
Faraway-R chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
The idea of this kind of summoning is kinda awesome! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/20/2014
in the last chapter your SI was the mind of god now its saying hes the gandalr? p
Imperceptus Ingenium chapter 12 . 10/28/2014
Excellent story. Can you make another Optimus Prime segment featuring Eleanor, Karin, Cattleya, and Sheffield?
JadeKaiser chapter 12 . 10/18/2014
I just found your writing recently, and I have to say you might be my favorite writer on this site. Not only are you a good writer, but you appear to hold the same convictions that I do, and you are in no way afraid of letting them show in your writing. It's almost like reading something written by my brother or myself, or it would be if we were any good at writing. I looked at some of your blog and stuff going by the links on your profile, and everything STILL matches with what I believe or think almost exactly, and not just on the worldview side of things (Your analysis of the Harry Potter fandom comes to mind). Thank you for the wonderful breath of fresh air.
Sorrowful Stone chapter 3 . 9/28/2014
That. Was. Hilarious.
Difdi chapter 4 . 9/9/2014
I believe ninja carry extra packs of blood with them, both for emergency transfusions and to trick an enemy into believing them more wounded than they actually are.

It would simultaneously be exactly the sort of sneaky ninjas love, and would explain how someone can lose so much blood and live - the attack breached a sealing scroll full of blood packets.
chaosglory626 chapter 12 . 8/31/2014
I was expecting more variations in Familiar for this story, not several ideas that should totally be made into their own story. I kind of want more of almost everything now. Keep up the good work.
one.who.reads chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Prime, "No, my vehicle form is not a steamroller, why do you ask?"
scorpioneldar chapter 6 . 8/15/2014
very funny glad you wrote that
scorpioneldar chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
very much so i would love to see this continued as well if only to see the interaction between tabitha and Kushina
scorpioneldar chapter 3 . 8/15/2014
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOUISE KILLS FAILBADON lol
i am amused you are right thiss is too cracky
scorpioneldar chapter 2 . 8/15/2014
hhehe i like this i actually would like to see more of this
what world is dragon summoning supposed to be inspired by? that charecter is intersting and i would like to read his story
Winter's Folly - Summer's Vice chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
Lovely.
Avid Reader403 chapter 12 . 8/2/2014
Another well written chapter and I applaud your effort to approach the issue of religion again in this particular story. I do agree with you the the ZnT universe lends itself to making it a religious debate when you bring in a character who can potentially, and is in this narrative, a Christian.

As a fellow Christian, and as one who has engaged in missionary work, I would like to let you know that I understand how you are getting both rousing support as well as heavy flack for standing by your guns. If you decide to eventually continue this story, I will be more than happy to read it.

Until then, this is one Reader, Avidly waiting for more.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/31/2014
Meh. I saw the whole Christian thing for what it was, and imo fwiw it didn't come across as being particularly preachy or anything. "His story, his rules." Still, your author's note came across as a tad defensive - and stating you find the religious aspect of (let's face it) a fantasy story repulsive as exactly the kind of reaction one would expect from someone who isn't afraid of shoving his religious views in front of others.

Now, I'm not a atheist (let alone the ignorant armchair asshole 12-year old online version), I actually subscribe to a fairly widely shared religion as well, but I'm pretty sure you could've worded that less... confrontationally. Oh, I don't disagree the anime is heavy with religious connotations, but they're basically relegated to backstory/lore; from what I recall of the show (it's been a while) I hardly remember religion actually meaning anything, beyond "creation myth", and "we had a holy hero long time ago in legend", and "the bad guys have authority because they're basing it on religion". They don't actually PARADE the religion in viewers' faces. If anything most of the aspects are being used to conveniently handwave things away. I don't actually recall emphasis being placed on actions done because "our Founder Brimir willed it so", it was often more like "eh, we do things this way because that's how the lore is written". I can't recall any instances of actual religious zealotry, outside of maybe some of the nameless cannon fodder perhaps?

I mean, it's pretty much (to me) on par with, say, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Yeah, with the whole Angels and Crosses and stuff. Granted, nothing in NGE is actually seriously based on religion, more like typical Japanese misappropriation of interesting (to them) western culture. Still, it's not like the emphasis is particularly strong in ZnT either; yes, the SETTING is more steeped in it, but it's not like, say, Louise wakes up every morning, then is shown to perform prayers or something. Pff, they didn't even bother designing a fantasy world from scratch, nah, it's easier to just appropriate something approximating Europe, if you maybe squint hard, and look sideways, from behind several layers of curtains, from a mile away.

TL;DR Even though I don't count myself as among those who you say "felt" offended by your portrayal of your protagonist as a Real Christian, imo you're taking the setting rather far too seriously. I'm like, duh, just make this a D&D rofflestomp already. After all if I and other readers wanted high literature we wouldn't be reading FANFIC. That's not to say I just disparaged a hobby widely enjoyed by many people (including myself). Oh wait, I just did.
499 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »