Reviews for Familiar and Unfamiliar Summonings
Winter's Folly chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
Very cracky.
Winter's Folly chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
Way good, definitely better than optimus prime.
Zuriga Sungama chapter 11 . 7/27/2014
What, seriously? You literally have an actual angel appear to him?
That's... rather heavy-handed, isn't it?
Atarlost chapter 12 . 7/25/2014
A pity this branch is stopping. I was looking forward to seeing how you handled the introduction of Christianity to a pagan fantasy setting.
Narf the Mouse chapter 12 . 7/23/2014
Would we see these same complaints if the story was written by a Pagan author with a Pagan viewpoint? A Buddhist author with a Buddhist viewpoint? An Atheist author with an Atheist viewpoint? And so on?
Balmonec chapter 12 . 7/23/2014
I like your work. I'm not really familiar with the Halkeginia setting, but I from what I have picked up from Author's Notes in this story and other adaptions on this site, I probably wouldn't like the "Vanilla" version much anyway. This adaption, though? Awesome. And that goes for all of your Dungeon Crawler stories (at least, the ones on this site, which as far as I know is all of them...), as well as most of your other ones.

All that aside, as a Christian I also have to say that I greatly appreciate the influence of your Christian worldview into the story. I wish that there were more Christian authors who knew how to write the fine line between generic-fantasy-that-calls-itself-Christian and every-other-word-is-an-allegory-or-sermon. You do that very well, I think because instead of blatantly aiming at a message and twisting the events of the story to follow that, you are taking a 'ordinary' fantasy world and simply letting a strong Christian respond to it. That seems a lot more realistic than a story that has divine intervention every other minute - because that isn't how God works in real life.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too much of a rant. I mostly just wanted to say that you are doing a great job, and I eagerly hope for a future installment of this story!
ArcherShirou chapter 12 . 7/22/2014
I liked Much
karthik9 chapter 12 . 7/22/2014
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
Mazamba chapter 12 . 7/22/2014
Meh, I don't particularly mind. Though I dislike the general idea of religion, I also recognize that it exists and it is a trait to be respected from human to human. My greatest fear from the previous chapter was, and still is to an extent, that the main character would set out in a Crusade against the rest of Halkagenia. In the end there's no real way of telling who's right about this touchy subject in life, as the only ones who know for certain can't really come back.
Melissa45 chapter 12 . 7/21/2014
In my previous review I forgot to say this - Since his faith is integral to the character of the protagonist the readers should just accept it. Like you said it didn't come out of nowhere in the latest chapter. If it was an imaginary religion like in Warhammer 40k they wouldn't complain as much. They think they have a right to complain since they disagree with the author's beliefs. But if they get that worked up about it then why are they reading a self-insert in the first place?
PS Will the main character end up discussing religion with the elves since they are opposed to Brimir?
Mythrrinthael chapter 12 . 7/21/2014
I'm not used to fanfics with overtly Christian overtones but it's yet to turn me off from your fic. I do have some concerns, after reading your AN, about whether this fic will become "ZnT with Christian elements" or "Christianity brought into a fictional world to save all their souls"; I prefer the former, but not to "Pray within the walls of your home, where none can see you"-degrees. Obviously I can't (and won't) tell you what direction you should take your story into, but instead I offer you something for a penny: my thoughts.

The "clash" between worldviews and the events/character interactions that stem from it seem a much more worthwhile direction for the story to pursue rather than spiritual grandstanding.

I don't have much to say about the ZnT characters because you've done a good job keeping their character in line with the canon material. That's not as common as it should be, so: well done! Looking forward to how you're going to continue from here.
xbox432 chapter 12 . 7/20/2014
Is Louise turning into a pseudo-Tiefling or a pseudo-Dragonborn? Eh, either way is awesome. Loved Karin's reaction to him and his abilities, he's so gonna overturn her nice little world.
Sora with an S chapter 12 . 7/20/2014
I don't mind that your self-insert is very loudly Christian. I think he's being too forceful in trying to convert others and WAY too violent, but I can live with it. When I made a DnD SI (Inspired by you) it was a Monk-based Vow of Poverty, Non-violence, and Peace character. The idea was to knock people out and hand them to the authorities.

Now, in your story, there are no uncorrupted police, no friendly town guard, no Inspector Gorden. I recognize that non-leathal damage won't get rid of the bad guys. But I do not think that your poor dungeon crawler here should be so quick to violate "Do not kill".
Gelasia Kidd chapter 12 . 7/20/2014
I appreciate you :D

"What will people think
When they hear that I'm a Jesus Freak?
What will people do
When they find that's it's true?
I don't even care if they label me a Jesus Freak;
There ain't no denying the truth!"

Hiding what you are is not something I thing should be done. One of my characters is a Christian character too. In fact the title is pretty obvious : Agape Lightning (Agape meaning unconditional Christ-like love)
Brellin from SB chapter 12 . 7/20/2014
Also, something I forgot, why hasn't Jaeger cured Catteyla's sickness yet? He's got access to 9th level Druid spells and 9th level Arcane spells right? Shouldn't he be able to pop out a cure disease or heal spell? Via Anyspell or Limited Wish if nothing else? I'm genuinely surprised he didn't do it the moment he saw her (epic perception skills, as he showed in Germania) considering she's such a kind and genuinely good person. Not to mention that Louise clearly loves her.

Also, you know, it would score brownie points with Louise's family (well, more I should say since he already helped take down Wardes and rescue Louise) and having the support of such a powerful noble house will be useful diplomatically, if nothing else.
495 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »