Reviews for Everyone Except Me
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Cute! I kept thinking that she might end up with Wickham as I watched the movie. They do seem to work better together than Amanda and Darcy. Anyway, there were a few spelling/grammar errors, but those could be easily fixed (if you would like specifics, I would be happy to give you some edits), and the story was enjoyable to read. Very good for a first story especially!

A.P.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
just lovely, there's not enough Amanda/Wickham in the world
Ultraviolet Phenomenon chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
And THAT is how it SHOULD have ended! Did anyone else notice that all of the villains in the film seemed to be turned into the heroes and heroines and vice versa? I actually thought that Amanda would end up with Wickham. After Darcy rejected Amanda I completely quit liking him. However Wickham was the only hero to stay constant throughout the film. Loved this alternate ending!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Awwwwww! I love this! It's soooo adorable!

P.S. You should join AO3 (ArchiveOfOurOwn) and post over there too. There's and incredible shortage of Lost In Austen fics.
justagirl8225 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Wickham was, by far, my favorite character in Lost in Austen and I was dying for some more Amanda/George interaction so relieved to see some fic. featuring him. Nicely written and I really feel that you captured Wickham's character great.
The19thMadHatter chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Oh, goodness. After watching Lost In Austen last night, all I could help thinking was, 'Where is dear George Wickham's happy ending?' And I too saw all the selfless things he did for Amanda Price and asked myself, 'Why is she ending up with that prig Darcy when the perfect gentleman, a man far more fitted to her personality, is clearly devoted to her?' My only guess is that sometimes it's impossible to love the people we really ought to in the ways they deserve.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you! Your happy ending for Amanda and George was just what I was looking for in the show, and sometimes only the right fanfic can afford such satisfaction. Your fic was the right one for me. I really enjoyed your characterisations of both Wickham and Amanda, as well as the shameless happy ending you concocted for them. I don't actually review as often as I like to, but I thought I could maybe repay some of the joy you've given me with a much deserved thanks!
iamthemightyhopeless chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I loved this story
hyperfaerie chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
LOVED this!

I loved Wickham's portrayal in the mini series, and was hoping that Amanda would have ended up with him.

For me this is how the series should have ended!
deadinmonroeville chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Brilliant. :) I love Wickham! This is a great first story! :)
PinkTribeChick chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Love it, love it, love it! As much as I love Darcy - they made him kind of hard to like in Lost In Austen - particularly after he rejected Amanda over her not being a maid. And Wickham just seemed like a decent guy in disguise as a scoundrel - I could see him being with Amanda. Good job on the story!
WeatherWatch chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Oh my gosh, you perfect person. This was fantastic - you succeeded in capturing both Amanda's modern language and George's own, and the relationship between them was exactly what I was looking for when I clicked on the 'Lost in Austen' archive.

I especially loved his staring at the fireplace/her hugging him from behind - his stance being very much the sort of thing you read in Georgian era novels.

Ah, very enjoyable. Tom Riley's Wickham is glorious, and in my opinion you've certainly done him justice. Cheers!
Namacub95 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Why are there not nearly enough Wickham/Amanda stories? Seriously!

This was great, the dialogue was brilliant especially Wickham. He was great in the series and I think you managed to get the wit and sarcasim down brilliantly. If I only have one complaint, and it's a kind of minor one anyway, it's that Amanda's swing from loving Darcy to loving Wickham was a bit...fast. I mean, it was just a bit sudden and whilst it was good I thought that maybe a bit of a pause between Wickham's confession and Amanda's realisation could have been lengthened a bit.

Other than that I thought this was amazing. I'd love to see you do another of these!
skaeye chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Ahahhaha such a wonderful story and i too thought that Wickham was quite sexy out of the three Pride & Prejudice adapations i've seen... Lost in Austen was the first to make Wickham both likable and quite charming. In other words... I found your story very pleasing hahah ]
I-Can-Spell-Confusion-With-A-K chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I love this! I love Pride and Prejudice and I loved Lost in Austen but I just was never sure about the ending. It was romantic but the whole Darcy and Elizabeth being split up just weirded me out. I finally decided the perfect solution was for Amanda and Wickham to get together since they had the best chemistry anyway! I love what you did with that same idea. SIGH. Good stuff. : )
DGfleetfox chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I couldn't have enjoyed this more! George was the best male character in that whole series, I definitely would've chosen him.. Darcy is just too stuffy, honestly the intensity of him is the main attraction, but Wickham is just fun y'know & handsome :) Anyway, I'd love to see a longer story from you, with many chapters, as I was disappointed when this ended. You'd definitely have a guaranteed reader in me... Nice work

Ciao