Reviews for Making the Cut
Rabbit Pie chapter 7 . 3/18/2014
Aw.
Rabbit Pie chapter 6 . 3/18/2014
You may think it's a really bad idea, Cloud, but I think it'd be pretty darn entertaining. ahh I mean horrifying? Oh dear.

Poor Genesis, caring about Cloud has got to be stressful.

If, in this fic or elsewhere, I get to see Cloud saving Zack from Genesis I will be most glad.
Rabbit Pie chapter 5 . 3/18/2014
Genesis' shift in attitude this in his scene with Cloud was kind of... sudden... Maybe he just needed to get used to Cloud?
You know, I don't /like/ my bullies being people. /Why/ did you have to do that? *whinges* But I suppose it is only the duty of an author to cause pain in their readers. *sigh*
Rabbit Pie chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
It was great to see Genesis' previous thoughts about liking being around someone who hasn't any prior impressions of him reinforced by Zack's commentary early this chap. (Especially since Zack is usually represents the 'nice guy' and thus should be utterly perfectly above such things. *tonguepoke*.)

It was nice to see Cloud asking Genesis if he was doing alright after talking to Zack about getting advice... How the /heck/ do you tie this stuff together so neatly? I am getting worried that I'm reading too much into it... eek.

Yuza is an alien. Ohh dear, am chuckling.

Ohh, I want to know where this new snippet of Genesis-characterisation is going to take us at the end of chapter 4. Next button ho!
Rabbit Pie chapter 3 . 3/18/2014
Huh, I'd never thought about control of self as a powerful desire of Genesis's, but I think you're indicating that.

Hmph, it looks like you're saying Zol, Yuza and Jadak get along much better when they've got a Cloud to pick on. :D
Rabbit Pie chapter 2 . 3/18/2014
Pfft. Jadak, Yuza and Zol. As soon as I saw those words I knew that they were familiar, and I stopped and stared for a while before I realised how.
Did I mention you're a great entertainer last chap? I think I did. Perhaps I shan't repeat it, you'll get a big head.
Have faith that Genesis knows what he's doing? Really Genesis? I know /I/ don't have faith in that!
Rabbit Pie chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Hey there fic author! Searching for Genesis-related fics (That are also Zack or Cloud or people-who-are-not-Sephiroth-or-Angeal-related fics) I have stumbled upon this mighty catch!

I love the descriptions of Cloud's ineptitude. Heck, he can't always be perfect, and it made the moment he clubbed the guard hound feel so much more in character!

Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis's talking was wonderfully crafted - It really smacked of people having a conversation. (Only better, since, well, it's fictionalised conversation. XP)

Oh my gosh, your Genesis is pretty darn easy to rile up, and for me, that really works. Angeal really, really should have seen that bet coming when he opened his mouth. Omigosh this is wonderful!

I do wonder about his treatment of Cloud in this first chapter, and if there is diparity between what you are trying to imply and I am inferring... but eh. :D
Sunshine-hime chapter 22 . 3/15/2014
I've been following Making the Cut since before and after the major edits and now am finally seeing its completion. This story is quirky, wildly unique, strange and most of all just plain fun.

Making the Cut has always been a joy to read and the massive editing later on has made it even greater. It never took itself too seriously but radiated this great wisdom and heart that many other, more "serious" fanfics often lack. So I wanna say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for writing this story.

It was a wild ride and I'm both happy and sad to see it end.
illeden9872 chapter 3 . 3/2/2014
AAHH I see what you did there! spelling the brothers names backwards! clever. LoL loz's crying in the movie always made me laugh.
KellieAM chapter 21 . 2/25/2014
Hehe. I love friendship fics especially these types, they're so cute. And you don't need to worry about fight scenes, I think you are a great writer. :)
Constance Truggle chapter 22 . 2/24/2014
This was such an amazing story! I'm sad to see it end. (A glimpse of the pizza celebration would not go amiss. Wink wink, nudge nudge.) Thank you for writing this and sharing the journey!

CT.
Noradin chapter 22 . 2/17/2014
Thank you for this great story!
Levitarius chapter 22 . 2/7/2014
I loved this! I just about died at the Phirseroth part. Thank you for making my day.
Sin of the Fallen chapter 22 . 1/12/2014
Huzzah! It's done! Way to go Regen!
Acid burns chapter 22 . 1/8/2014
Squeeee! I love the ending! Oh dear... I think I may want a sequel... Well, I suppose it doesn't matter if it's a sequel to this story or just another story, as long as you're writing it. As I think I've said before, your Genesis is my favorite.
I thought what you did with Yuzu and Jadak was brilliant. I was wondering how you were going to explain the whole 'Sephiroth technically being their brother (sort of)' thing, but of course I shouldn't have worried. It was kind of interesting that you chose to make him a separate character.
I will admit that I was a little confused when you brought in Squall and the rest. It seemed a little unnecessary to give Cloud other friends right at the end of the story, considering you had to warp the timeline to do so. Well, I was probably mostly confused simply because, while I'm very familiar with VII, I know little about VIII...
I really liked how Genesis' and Cloud's characters actually matured throughout the story. A lot of authors have problems changing their characters in a way that fits with the story, so I was rather happy that you took the time to write the characters' growth.
All in all, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Brilliant job!
I'll be watching for new stories from now on! (Or, you know, sequels are good too)
924 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »