Reviews for A Little Princess
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 7/24
This is a really beautiful, touching story, and you blend these two movies together so well. I love the opening scene, how she curtsies to her father as if she's already putting royal duties ahead of her own needs. I also love how you leap ahead into the perfect moment to highlight from The Queen, where she's waiting alone and unguarded next to the jeep, and remembers the strength that her father gave her years before.

Much of the story between those scenes, though, is fairly telly and sums up things that most readers probably already know. It's also pretty short, and I think this story would be stronger if you spent more time on those scenes.

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime - all fandoms welcome, and I know you've written for a LOT of fandoms! :)
MelGraceMalfoy chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
That was really touching. I felt a pang in my heart when I read the speech in the baying for her blood part. Pity for the Queen. Pity for Her Majesty who put her life and dedication into being a Queen. People who practically crow with happiness whenever they see her turned against her. Disgusting. But your story managed to highlight a few parts that I would've loved to see in other stories. The Queen is human, and she has feelings. Why do people portray her to be the cold and calculating woman ? Perhaps more people ought to carefully look around themselves. At her interviews, small video's taken from other people and Prince's Harry and William's account on her. At the end, the Queen is kind old Granny.
To the world, she's a Queen. But to the family, she's a mother and grandmother.
I wish more people would understand that.
burke chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Wonderfull. So good... Thank you.:) My eyes are in tears...
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Interesting fic.

Only thing I need to point out is the fact that George VI was still alive when Charles and Anne were born. Prince Charles was born in 1948 and Princess Anne in 1950. George VI died in February of 1952.