Reviews for An Illusion, a Shadow, a Story
Kgunter34 chapter 7 . 6/20
Pssssst, dude come back and finish.
Reader chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
You should finish this story, I want to know what happens next
Anon chapter 7 . 12/19/2012
this story is so good! i really hope you continue it even though its been almost a year since you updated. please dont give it up!
musicflare87 chapter 7 . 6/15/2012
ok im in love with this story so much. As im sure you already know i found this on Ao3 and went in search of more. (yes im already a junkie) I cant wait to read more, thank you so much for sharing this story! :)
musicflare87 chapter 6 . 6/15/2012
great chapter
musicflare87 chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
great chapter i have a feeling bellas reaction to alice's remodel is along the lines of this :0
musicflare87 chapter 4 . 6/15/2012
wes is AWESOME
hughug chapter 7 . 6/1/2012
Love this story. I really hope that you haven't forgotten about it and update soon.
i.luv.twilight2 chapter 7 . 5/31/2012
I discovered your story at and couldn't stop reading once I started. I'm curious to see how Bella will fit in with this new family Jasper has created. Do you plan to continue this story? Great job!
inge80 chapter 7 . 4/21/2012
Please, please, please continue this story.. I absolutely love it!

Inge:)
arunima94 chapter 6 . 3/16/2012
i love your writings. i really do... but... you wanna know what's the problem? YOU ARE A QUITTER! i'v read almost all the stories you wrote... and one thing which is similar in all of those is that you quit after some time... you have not completed any of your multiple chapters' stories... why? ADD or something? well whatever it is... i wish you good health and happy life... but i'd really want that you complete the stories... you're losing fans because of this behaviour...
Kollykechoon chapter 7 . 3/9/2012
great chapter, love it ) update soon
FellowsheepOfThePeen chapter 7 . 3/4/2012
HammerHips has recommended your story at :

I love Tina to death, but when she finds something she’s passionate about, she will never let up. For example, she loves The Hunger Games, and she’s badgering all of the Wordy Bitches to read it so we can discuss. We refuse to use the words hunger or games in any of our group emails. I think Chipper is even avoiding the.

A few months ago, Teener chatted me up and told me I just had to read The Lies We Tell Ourselves.

Then she told me again.

And again.

As busy as I am, I just didn’t have the time until I came down with the virus from hell. I was in bed for two days, and on the third day my fever was down and the snot was bearable, so I decided to read. I started with the story Tina recommended and then tore straight into this one because I couldn’t get enough of ysar’s prose. I found that I was in LOVE with An Illusion, A Shadow, A Story.

This story has everything that I crave in a fanfic: well developed characters, a unique plotline that’s interesting, and the characters I love to love. There’s a good dose of angst, some chuckle-worthy moments, and a story that will have you drooling for more. This is an AH story where Bella’s life takes a traumatic turn and she has to rely on her therapist brother Jasper—a brother that she barely knows. Man, I want to go on and on about this story but I don’t want to give anything away. I want you to experience it without spoilers so the raw emotion of the story impacts you in the same way it impacted me. And it will impact you. Whether you’re laughing or crying, you will join Bella and Jasper on their emotional roller coaster.

This one’s listed as a Bella/Edward story, but we haven’t seen that part yet. We’ve just met Edward and the rest of Jasper’s makeshift “family”, which includes Alice, Rose, Emmett, and Eddie-boy. I can’t wait to see how the relationships develop in this story—not only between Edward and Bella but between Bella and Jasper as well. The characters still feel canon, and they’re canon pairings, but it’s obviously not a canon story. For one thing, it’s written much better than the Twilight series (sorry, Stephenie Meyer, we all know it’s true), and the characters just seem rounder to me, especially Bella, who actually has a personality. It’s amazing! Here’s a little snippet from Bella’s POV:

The second we pulled into Jasper’s driveway, we were surrounded. Some little kid came running out of Jasper’s house, and three more people, adults this time, poured out of the house next door. It looked like I had a very unwelcome welcoming party.

I exited the truck cautiously, not liking the curious, pitying looks I was getting, and I grabbed my duffle bag from the back as I kept my head down. The boxes could wait, or these people could take care of them; I really didn’t care. Between stopping for gas and snacks and taking two wrong exits thanks to Jasper’s shitty job as co-navigator – not to mention a stop at the most crowded McDonald’s on the planet – we’d been on the road for over five hours, and I was wiped out. I was, however, pretty impressed with my truck. It didn’t look like it could survive a drive across town, but it had handled partway across the state without so much as a shudder.

“Bella, this is Alice,” Jasper said, wrapping his arm around the waist of the tiny little thing that had come flying from his house. Oh, God, he’s a pedophile. That was my first thought. She was freakishly small and didn’t look to be a day past twelve years old. Well, unless you counted her boobs. They were definitely older than twelve. But what was up with her hair? It was…well, clearly she’d had a nasty run in with a weed whacker. But the worst part was that she was irritating. She talked non-stop, chattering about curtains and shelves and other ridiculous stuff until Jasper somehow managed to shut her up. Everyone else just kind of stood by and stared at me until we went inside. Yeah, that’s not uncomfortable at all.

It’s really frustrating to read a story that you absolutely adore but that you can’t really talk about because you don’t want to give anything away. I’m telling you right now, go read this one and then email me so I can sit down and gush about it with you. Seriously. I’ll be waiting.
DaniLautner chapter 7 . 2/23/2012
I really am enjoying this story. It has an interesting name and a great plot. Its also relatable. Please update soon. I really want to see what Edward's role in this story is. :)
olivedaisychain chapter 7 . 1/15/2012
I can't wait to read more! I really enjoyed the first 7 chapters.