Reviews for The Art of Appropriation
Kenshin234 chapter 25 . 4/22
Nice fight btwn naru and khanontom . Though, fu should have lost. Reason: first, the dojutsu he has gives him an almost 360 degree vision range, that means he should have saw the cut coming, as a genin vs kidomaru, he was able to wave off those spiders & shuriken while standing in one place, that would contrast his being paralyzed by a jab. He emits a sphere of chakra, meaning he should know how to avoid anything breaching the barrier. Plus he has kaiten and hakke roku jyuu yon sho. Even raiga had a tough time beating him. The match was not fair. I didn't like the outcome.
ARSLOTHES chapter 27 . 4/21
Hope you update this fic again soon, this is a really good read
Cryptorex chapter 2 . 3/22
Are you sure this is same person who wrote the first chapter?the first one was quite well structured with a good flow to the events. The second one has too too many cringeworthy moments and forced events. It is extremely different. Did you have a different beta?
As a wing chun practitioner myself, i am very happy to actually see this in a fan fiction. And your knowledge on the history is fairly accurate. -Hapoochapoocheenas
Kingdark chapter 13 . 1/16
It's possibly pointless to review at all, considering the last update was from two thousand twelve... But if you are using the original words in your story then at least make sure you write them correctly.
Kingdark chapter 8 . 1/15
I have to wonder though... How the HELL did they fight without ANYONE seeing/hearing/responding to a fight like that?
StarheartX64 chapter 27 . 1/1
Good story so far. I hope that you will have the next chapter as soon as you can.
John chapter 5 . 6/3/2014
You do a good job at showing naruto's thought process. I also liked the def-con reference.
Spica75 chapter 16 . 5/26/2014
"Chuck that shit out the door because the Naruto series is filled with all sorts of supernatural and spiritual crap that, if you look at it from a certain point of view, levels the playing field."

Problem is that now one side effectively has supernatural abilities AND guns, while the other side has ONE of those.

Combined with how chakra-users can be competed with relatively well by "normal" humans, you greatly diminish the stated powerboost that chakrause is shown as being(even a weak chakra-user generally overpowering even a strong nonuser).

Also, the ability to make firearms clearly exist, and in the animes even DO exist, yet barely noone is using them. Implying that they are not such a great threat to shinobi that they are worth using.

Overall, it makes me wonder if youre going to have to do shonen-style powerups to keep the "field" level, later on...

And trying to squeeze the Narutoverse in as Japan on earth? Just the drastically different geography says "troublesome", and in total it repeatedly feels somewhat disjointed.

Oh and btw, Naruto getting winded from a little scuffle("panting heavily" after maybe 30 seconds of action at most)? That was REALLY weird.

Ah well, you certainly get points for novelty.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 25 . 5/1/2014
"His skills are closer to Madara's than anyone else's"

Oh god that is so wrong it's so funny, Itachi does not stands a chance against Madara, the man is a ninjutsu master, Itachi is a genjutsu master.
bub23453 chapter 27 . 4/18/2014
any chance next time will be sometime this year? :P
Anbu-Nightfury chapter 27 . 4/11/2014
When I first read this fic it was only 12 chapters long. Now there's 27 chapters and finished reading them all! I love how you have integrated so many different characters from other anime.

Can't wait for the next chapter _
DeathCrawler chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
so will naruto try to atleast learn the basics of fuinjustu?
LunaEchoWillow chapter 14 . 2/18/2014
Great story, but I'm going to have to finish it later I have to be at that hellhole bright and early tomorrow!
LunaEchoWillow chapter 8 . 2/16/2014
Ohhhhh me likey! Alas I must finish tomorrow for the computer screen is cleaning my eyes!