Reviews for The darkest evening of the year
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
I love how you use different members of the team and their relationships with Billy and at the same time always have the whole team dynamic too. You are so good at this and I love Billy, he is such a great character. Hugs,Vonnie
Cathy chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I enjoyed that very much. You did a good job capturing the guys, and I really liked Rick's determination to not let Billy die, even at the risk of his own life. The little rookie is growing up!

Thanks for sharing.
greysanatomyfreak chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Hey, you started writing a psych fic called vengence. I was reading the reviews after I finished reading the book and you have to update. Many people are counting on you to finish. I have to say that was the best fic I have every read! I know you probally lost intrest in it, but all of your reviewers have faith in you. I just hope this has givin you the insperation to continue to write. Btw...I love this story two.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Lovely and cold, can I warm Billy up myself :-D
fighttowin1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I absolutely love this part...the discriptives and suspense are perfectly written! This is my favorite scene in this story

Billy nods, head shaking with the violence of his shivering. His feet must have found purchase, because the water is just below his shoulders, and he doesn't appear to be treading water. "S-s-s-sorry," the Scot says through chattering teeth. "L-l-lost my head."

"Understandable," Rick reassures him, forcing a lightheartedness into his voice that nowhere near matches the worry he's really feeling. Billy's face is pale in the moonlight, and there's a bluish tinge in his lips and nose. The water that was dripping off the ends of his hair is already crystallizing, and the sheen of water that was on his face is turning frosty. Rick moves another few inches closer. "Can you—"

They both freeze when they hear another sharp crack. Rick feels a tremor pass through the ice beneath his hands, and he drops down onto his stomach, sprawling his limbs out to spread the weight more evenly.

For several long seconds, neither of them move; Rick hardly dares to breathe, half-expecting to feel the icy waters surrounding him at any moment. "B-b-b-back," Billy chatters finally. His eyes look particularly large and bright within the pale skin of his face. The cold and his severe shivering keep the normally verbose Scotsman limited to just a few words. "G-g-g-go back."

And this line is also a favorite, "Don't argue, just do it," Rick snaps. "I'm not about to leave you in there, and even if I did want to, Casey and Michael would kill me. "Billy's lips twitch a little. "C-c-c-can't have th-that,"

Thank you for the excellent story!
Lena7142 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Gah! I fell into a frozen lake at my uncle's once... terrifying, horrible experience. Poor Rick and Billy! The tension in this story is terrific. Rick's single-mindedness in getting Billy to land had me all choked up.