Reviews for Gone
Guest chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Your authors note was pretty insensitive in how blunt it was. Surely you know that the planes didn't just hit the towers - they collapsed, which is why the death toll was so incredibly high.
laurzz chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
I have been meaning to review this story ever since I first read it when you first posted it, but with life and university it just never happened. I have to tell you though, this story has really stuck with me. I've found myself coming back to think about it and the big sinking feeling in my gut. I really, like you, felt like there was just that massive, MASSIVE question that needed answering and to me now, this is it. This is what happened. Without a doubt.

I'm fully on board with the Mac/Claire train, and I'll admit here that I got extremely blurry eyed when the building came down around Claire. You did it really respectfully with a lot of class. And Mac's anguish, seeing the building simply added to my teary eyes. As heartbreaking as this one was, it was beautifully written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bravo! Definitely adding to my favourites
bookworm chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Heartbreaking and beautifully written.
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This is by far the best story you have ever written. You reached into Claire's and Mac's soul to show us and wrap up some details that needed explaining. I too, don't quite get what the episode showed us but the only thing that I can come up with is that the debris and mass amount people in the street made it hard for them to single any one person from another.

Claire is a military wife, and she knows exactly who Mac is in here. I love the line professional hero, very apt. I wonder if you will carry Mary into any of your stories since she did make it out. All I wanted to do was scream not to go back in, but Claire wouldn't let anyone even Mac think she didn't do anything and everything possible to help. The Edmund Burke line he quoted in Can You Hear Me Now, shows how deeply Claire believes in Mac and how much he doesn't know himself. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

The last moments were the worse things because of the image it provoked. I'm not doing a very good job at this, but there is no way someone could ever find fault or not be moved by this entire thing. Even Mac's last line you nailed.

"What do I do now?"
RandomTVFan30 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Great story in filling what probably should have been conveyed in the episode. Very touching.
Mimi246 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This brought tears to my eyes. It if far beyond what any writter for csi could have done, it was truly amazing! I wish they had asked u to write the parts in the episode about Mac and Claire, you filled in all the blanks beautifully, and captured every ones characters amazingly! God bless those lost. I loved this to peaces! Thank you for writting this :)

Belle