Reviews for Screeching Sirens
Shadow Kitusne1412 chapter 15 . 6/17
One word:
That's the only word usable to describe this story.
This is so good that I just NEED a sequel... Seriously, I finished this in like, 2 hours and I'm still rereading it. How many times did I even reread this? Like 5? That proves just how good your story is. You should keep writing stories with Pirate England (Arthur) and Merman America (Alfred). Anyways, keep writing! I enjoy your stories! ;)
hemanheyyeah chapter 15 . 3/26
that was a masterpiece. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Really enjoyed this.
SheWhoLeavesCrappyReviews chapter 15 . 3/24
I really should've been studying, but I can't bring myself to regret reading this instead. This was a very wonderful read and I'm so happy that I came across it!
The thought of a merman singing horribly was just so hilarious and very Alfred at the same time. It's what caught my attention in the first place. Alfred's selfless act of letting Arthur go was sad yet very touching, and reading about him getting tortured (even though it was obvious that he'll rise against his father) was heartbreaking. Even Arthur's misery at the cave was very well-written and I genuinely felt sorry for him.

I really enjoyed your work, and I'm glad they had a happy ending (if it ended tragically I would've screamed at my laptop like a banshee).
Spainbow Dash chapter 7 . 11/1/2014
"Walking was a bitch." I feel u man. I feel you.
ForeverSnow101 chapter 15 . 9/23/2014
So cute 0_0 I can't even put that much cuteness in to words, AND IM REALLY TRYING XD unicorns, puppies. kittens, bunnies, tyler Oakley, tiny food. NOTHING COMES CLOSE!
SayMrrp chapter 15 . 5/28/2014
Awesome and sweet.
takuya chapter 15 . 4/12/2014
oh that story was really great i loved it all so much lots of cute fluffyness
SomethingSimsy chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
Jesus, is Alfred supposed to sound like a rapist in this? Molester for sure. Sexual harasser no doubt. Creep for CERTAIN.
I mean, he spies on people changing and naked, undresses people without their consent, commits unwanted personal bodily contact, wolf-whistles and sexually harasses them, kidnaps them and demands a kiss as some sort of escape, and then doesn't live up to his word. I mean, and I truly feel this, I want the Alfred of this story to get stabbed in the face.
Acnologia13 chapter 15 . 11/7/2013
This was a nice ending though there should be more. Like Arthur somehow getting his voice back because, let's face it, there could never be a relationship between the two that doesn't end with Arthur calling Alfred a git for something stupid. It would be cool if you made a intertwined story like how they have to go find/ help Ukraine (Sorry I don't know her human name) get her man to fall in love with her, or something. I just think it would be cute watching Alfred and Arthur try to be matchmakers, especially since they were pretty terrible at their own love lives.
Christina chapter 15 . 8/25/2013
Oh this is too cute!
A epilogue would be fabulous perhaps arthur and alfred swim by to say hullo to tino and friends?

Anyway, thank you for this piece!

3 3 C

3. the 'friend' is totally francis
thanks for writing!
3 C
XXForrestStarXX chapter 15 . 5/8/2013
I'd say you should give yourself more credit! I really like this story, can't wait to go and read your other fics!
roughdiamond5 chapter 15 . 1/2/2013
You know, I think this is the first pirate!AU I've ever reviewed. Oh, sure, I've read mermaid!AU romances before and enjoyed them, but this stands out to me because of the seamless joining of the two worlds. Among other things.

I do wish I could remember some of the typos that seemed to be in each chapter, but to be honest, I was devouring this story by the mouthful and didn't have time to make a note. I only started reading last night, and now it's the same day at noon and I feel I've witnessed an entire love story. Probably because I have.

Everybody was characterised superbly - yes, even Matthew and Toris and Ivan and Whaley (who makes me smile - only Alfred could befriend a whale). It's a shame that Arthur didn't have more Hetalia characters on his crew, but I suppose it's not vital to the story. I do wonder, however: what did the crew do with the navy men in the brig when they sold the ship?

Ah, what am I doing pointing out these sorts of things when everybody was so well-done and I enjoyed it immensely? Alfred is a great mixture of stupid and sweet and even smart towards the end, while it's nice to see Arthur soften from a cold-blooded pirate (with a passion for the sea and a certain fondness for his crew) to a compassionate man who abandons his life for the sake of love. I'm sure somewhere Eliza is cackling.

How I wish Arthur had gotten his voice back...which is why I'm putting this story on my alerts list. The favorite is because of what you've already done - I thought it would be boring to have Arthur sit in a cavern for half the story, but Ivan's visit and the drowned seaman song especially (I still have goosebumps from the latter) proved me wrong - and the alert is for what I'm hoping to see soon. You've made me care about pretty much everybody in this story. That alone deserves a review.
P3ace9797 chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I would love a epilogue for it if you dont mind please
Gazlover12-Canada chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Wonderful story!

I'd love an epilogue or something..haha

But seriously, great job with this!