Reviews for A Rough Road to a Good Life
marauderette-47 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
AWE! I adored this! I never really read anything for Harry/Hermione, but you may have just sold me on the ship! You are a great writer, and I didn't see anything wrong grammatically, so that was good:) I think you really portrayed Hermione's insecurities well, too:) Great work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I'm not a Harry/Hermione shipper, but I liked this anyway :) I like how you leave everyone nameless and just refer to them by pronouns, and it is clear who you're talking about, so well done on that. I did get a little confused, in the italicized section, about what was thought or flashback and what was happening in the present. I realized on a second read-through that you used double quotes for live conversation and single ones for thought conversation, but I think it would be more clear if the live dialogue and action were in regular font, and just Hermione's thoughts were italicized.

I like the way you put a little bit of Harry/Hermione's relationship history in the story and also how your description of her pregnancy made her seem a little emotionally vulnerable. That bit about Harry saying the baby would be beautiful because she is beautiful is very sweet :) And how like Hermione to cast a cushioning charm even as she attacked someone! No spelling/grammar errors that I could see.

Very well done!
Shubhs chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Aaaaw. That's so cute. :/3
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I liked it. I don't know, it just was very strong. Good job!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
"But both had returned." I like that line. I think this outlines the ups and downs of all marriages or friendships, and even with such an odd pairing. I know you've never written it (I've never read it ;). But you did such a good job just with the feel of it. Well done.