Reviews for Welcome to New Pacifica!
andi chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
Did you ever finish this? The story is very enticing.
Steph1 chapter 5 . 2/4/2014
I'm very impressed with your story. I really don't know where it's heading and that's very refreshing. There is a lot of complexity to the plot and character growth. I actually like Morgan in this. It's still him, but ever so slightly more mature. Of course Danziger is my favorite, so I'm a little sad that he's not made much of an appearance. Any chance you may finish this one? I'd love too see where it goes.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/28/2013
I know you said it will be awhile for updates... but it has been 2 years! Will you add more to this story? Fingers crossed.
TesubCalle chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
Yeah, so I'm pretty much enjoying every word.

Again, brilliant characterizations. It's making me *miss* this series; what it could have been had it not been canceled and had it been given better treatment by the writers.

It's so *good* to see that the fans have taken up these adventures. Thank you for the time and care you've been spending on this one. This is the kind of quality one doesn't see too often in fanfiction circles, so please don't stop.

I know you said this Chapter 5 will be the last one for a while so I'm not going to pester you to *UPDATE NOW*, but do know that I am impatiently awaiting the next chapter.
TesubCalle chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
Oh, my goodness... I'm loving this story so far. You're doing a fabulous job with the characters, and I love how you're allowing the story to unravel through Devon's eyes. We share in her confusion and fears, as well as her delight and discoveries about what has happened over the past four years. Great plot device using the vids to help us 'catch up', too.

Yeah, I'm totally hooked. What is Julia not telling Devon? I'm almost afraid to find out. Thanks for breathing new life into these characters; I'm eagerly reading on!
feathergirl926 chapter 5 . 10/2/2011
This is an awesome story! I can't wait to read more! You are doing a great job capturing the emotions various characters would be feeling. I hope it's not TOO long til you post the next few chapters.
Joan Powers chapter 5 . 9/30/2011
My heart is going out to True. I hope we get to see some of her vids or a conversation about them between she and Devon. I hope you don't leave us hanging too long - I'm dying to read more about Hunter, Uly, John, and New Pacifica. And those compromises that had to be made.

Excellent job so far! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Yes - I'm dying to see Danziger too. Thank God his hair grew back :)

Joan Powers chapter 4 . 9/30/2011
I hope I don't sound too repetitive but I love the idea of them using the spider tunnels. Hunter sounds like a formidable enemy and I'm anxious to learn more about him. And Uly losing his Terrain abilities? What happened? Can't wait to see what's going with True.

Joan Powers chapter 3 . 9/30/2011
So much good stuff packed into one chapter. Love, love, love the idea of John as the reluctant major. And Morgan and Danz as a great team? Love it! Love Devon looking forward to seeing Danziger. Though I hope he's okay. I can't imagine what's he's been through. I can imagine Uly's link with the Terrains changing him. It will be interesting to see how you explore this idea. Love Morgan having fun with the videos. And let me tell, I just love the idea of the colonists not being open to change. From our glimpse of the future in "The Boy Who Would be Terrian King", it makes sense.

Joan Powers chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
I'm loving the vids to tell Devon (and us) what's happened with the colony in the last four years. Mazatl dreaming with the Terrains is a great touch! Love the idea of Eden Advance using the hibernating Terrains to contact those on the Colony ship. Devon's lack of a bio-stat implant causing her illness was a nice touch. I love the interaction between Julia and Devon. You can tell Julia's trying to lessen the blow of the truth which Devon (and I!) are waiting to find out.

Joan Powers chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
How wonderful to see a new Earth 2 story that's starting off so great. I love that you're focusing on in the future and revealing that reaching New Pacifica hasn't necessarily ended up in happily ever after. I'm actually working on a story focusing on that as well. Can't wait to read your ideas.

I especially liked this:

What would Devon make of it all? What would she think of some of the decisions they'd made? Some of the more questionable choices they'd made?

Can't wait to read more about what happened when the colonists arrived and learn more about what caused Devon's illness.

Great start!
LostSleep chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
It's rare to see new Earth 2 Fanfic. Your story is well written and I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to see the rest!
Arcole chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
Well, now that scene with Morgan and True was just lovely! And I loved True's angry reaction about Uly and John not being there. Gotta know what has gotten into that kid and what he is up to! Gotta know that John is ok and will bring him home safe and sound. So, you gotta keep writing, my dear! This can't be it for very long. okay?
Arcole chapter 4 . 9/27/2011
Wow! I am loving the dystopia at work here. I was not thrilled by the future episode that showed all the promise of the planet in peril by a bunch of Council holdouts. The bridge you are building between the happy landing and the death star vibe of that episode is working very well. I am also loving that Uly has turned into a real problem. And not Dreaming? Very very interesting! The structure so far has been perfect as well. The little vid previews for us all followed by this in medias res kind of dropping into the plot four years later has worked really well. Yep, I'm hooked!
Arcole chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
These little glimpses are perfect! I am just as hooked as Devon! And I do love the idea of John and Morgan being a team. So fun!