Reviews for Chasing The Sun
MidnightGlows chapter 60 . 4/15
I think I'm going to cry in a corner now... this fanfic was so good that i want to cry... does that happen often? No. Thank you for writing this amazing fanfic that makes me want to cry cause you finished it and isn't going to make a sequel...
Fallyn Irlandes chapter 33 . 4/14
This was my first introduction to a truly dangerous bamf!Severus and Merlin's /beard/ this was awesome. Probably going to be reliving the 'skidding-on-table-while-being-sarcastic' moment for a while.
I've quite the soft spot for manic grins of the eccentric genius...
Guest in Europe chapter 1 . 4/13
I have just read my way through your entire collection and absolutely LOVE your stories. Thank you so much.

It strikes me that, while many readers criticise the child-focus of cannon, we should bear in mind that the series was really written for children, although with an appeal to adults too. Hence, not only was the POV Harry's and his team, but also, in such stories, convention dictates that the children overcome the problems they are set, often in improbable ways and without adult assistance. IMHO, what you do utterly brilliantly, is bring in the adult perspective - not only by making them grow up emotionally, which many fan-fic writers do, but by using that maturity to tackle the issues better. As you have Severus point out, having a mass, set piece battle ensures great loss of life, whereas a quick assassination is equally effective, if less theatrical.

I find it really interesting that your stories provoke a high proportion of serious reviews... speaks for the quality of your writing.

Thank you again.
BTW, I don't have an account, so please forgive the anonymous review.
I like Lupin... lol Always hated Dumbledore though. either way, you hating Lupin is defiantly not enough to deture me from continuing reading this amazing epic story!
God I love this story!
derAnged.romAntic chapter 60 . 4/3
Everything in Severus's early years leading up to him not being a Death Eater was heartbreaking. I love that he was able to find happiness with Hermione and that he lives through the war. Loved the story!
SeverusHermione chapter 7 . 3/29
Dammit, now :((( *crushed*

I was hoping for the 7000th review :/
Born in 20th Century chapter 60 . 3/29
Congratulations! This is the 7005th review XD (or at least, it was when I started typing this) I finished reading Chasing the Sun over a year ago, and have reread it many (at least five, but I've lost count) times ever since :-) Chasing the Sun was one of the Hermione Severus stories I first read after I was introduced to the pairing, and I've since read countless Severus Hermione stories - but few could compare to the brilliance of your amazing writing (I'm avidly looking forward to the publication of your next long fic! ;) after I read Chasing the Sun, it was and still is and always will be my favourite fanfiction :D I never reviewed while reading it (I didn't have an account then) but I thought I'd use this opportunity to say thank you for sharing this brilliantly beautiful masterpiece! :)
Ananya chapter 60 . 3/28
Your story is magnificent. I read it in about 3 days, and my friends and family are all pretty sure I'm dead, since I haven't emerged at all, really.

I do have a suggestion, though. At some point, if Snape ever feels the overwhelming desire to insult Lupin, can he call him "Renal Remus"?

narratively chapter 60 . 3/28
Oh no! Loten, I thought I'd done a better job of keeping track of CTS's review count, but I guess not. Though I'm still relatively new to fanfiction, I was immediately a fan of your work, and just completed my third read of "Post Tenebras, Lux" which, for me, is one of the very best pieces of writing out there.

I thought I'd read "Chasing the Sun" for a second time, and when I realized how close the review count was, thought I might as well try to get the 1,000th spot (I'd meant to review it my first time around like a proper reader). I was going to offer (to the numerous other readers following the count as well) that we all come up with a prompt together, but it seems I'm too late.

I figured I might as well leave a note in hopes that you'd take pity and offer a first-three-after-7,000 short story, or maybe a "who knows my work the best?" contest. I'm happy to include all of the chapter reviews I prepared if you like? They are largely exclamations of love for your writing with a couple pledges of undying friendship thrown in.

Thanks (again!) for sharing your talent, and writing some truly wonderful stories. Here, here to our beloved author, Loten!

Cheers,
narratively

PS: I'll just include this: From the very first time Hermione visited the hospital wing, my thoughts were, "holy crap, the rest of my day is well and truly screwed." I was completely sucked in.
probably one of the most disturbing FF I've ever attempted to read. I know it's a long completed work, but for future reference I would suggest stronger warnings for readers. Some things can't be unread. It's like you were dabbling in dark magic without knowing what the hell you were doing or talking about: rape, flaying, other abuse come to mind. IT was too much, too dark. You lost my trust after that.
I kept reading up until the second male rape incidence. There were a few good moments like the Monty Python reference which kept me reading hoping for something to change. There is a good story here, and the occlumency stuff was unique and I wished more of the violence in this story story had been edited away to focus on that. I appreciate the effort of writing and completing such a large story, truly.
Neko-Tenchi chapter 42 . 3/27
Aww, he proposed on her birthdaty but in the end she gave him a wonderful-er gift
SMARTALIENQT chapter 20 . 3/26
7000th review? Pretty please?
SMARTALIENQT chapter 19 . 3/26
I must say I disagree: while kicking men in the balls isn't exactly sportsmanlike, it does teach them you mean business when they're not treating you well (speaking from experience here). :) Also, Snape/Harry comparisons are always fun.
SMARTALIENQT chapter 18 . 3/26
Human Lucius is just... bizarre, but it really works, I think. And I'm always a fan of men in pain. :D
7,012 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »