Reviews for Chasing The Sun
5redroses chapter 11 . 12/12/2020
''they sat through more than one meeting by wand light, and discovered idly that several of them had a certain odd talent for shadow puppets. Severus earned himself a slap around the back of the head from Minerva for his admittedly somewhat obscene contribution to the theatre.'' This made me laugh out loud.

''he hadn't been laid in a very long time'' I think it should be ''got laid''
5redroses chapter 10 . 12/12/2020
Has he realised that he loves her?
5redroses chapter 9 . 12/12/2020
I love that the teachers are all trying to make Umbridge's life miserable.

I like Severus's water technique.
5redroses chapter 8 . 12/12/2020
I love that the Murtlap Essence comes from him. You're so good at weaving your story into the original.

''He continued to eat his breakfast in silence, without appetite, gloomily watching his students'' I thought that he didn't eat in the great hall?
5redroses chapter 7 . 12/11/2020
Ooh, a piano playing Severus? Intriguing And sketching and painting too?!

What happened to not touching anything? She must have touched the furniture in order to look at the contents.

So they portraits are plotting for them to fall in love?

''Filch didn't like her because Crookshanks had beaten Mrs Norris up in third year'' Lol

I quite enjoyed Severus swearing lol.
5redroses chapter 4 . 12/11/2020
That list of scars made me feel even more sorry for him. Oh and God, he's regularly raped?! By Voldemort? Poor poor man.

''And that meant she needed to find out more about him.
And then after that, I'll walk up to Voldemort and give him a big wet kiss, she told herself dismally. She couldn't really have picked anything more dangerous'' Haha

''The main problem with Gryffindors is your emotions; everything you feel is painted across your faces for the world to see, and then you usually shout it to the world just in case they didn't notice.'' Lol
5redroses chapter 3 . 12/11/2020
I hadn't really thought about it before, but Dumbledore really should have expelled Sirius. Poor Severus.

''Several deep incisive cuts to both wrists, deeper dexter than sinister;'' What does this mean?

''Severus automatically stopped behind Minerva's chair in the staff room to read the front page of the Prophet over her shoulder, and she automatically twitched it away from him. "Buy your own, cheapskate."
"I wouldn't pay for this rubbish unless there was a world shortage of toilet paper," he retorted.'' Hahaha. I love this portrayal of their relationship.

I love that Snape has watched Monty Python.
5redroses chapter 2 . 12/10/2020
I never really thought about the after effects of the cruciatus curse before. This is very well thought out.

Heroin and a suicide attempt! There's certainly more to Snape than meets the eye.

It's sweet of him to provide her with ointment for her bruising.
It'sOurChoices chapter 60 . 12/6/2020
Have been enjoying this story over the last fortnight. Brilliant imagination and great writing. Thank you very much !
Angerosanor chapter 39 . 12/4/2020
Hermione and Severus not having children or having that possibility taken from them in fics (like this one) is such a let down, at least for me I read fics to escape the trials of real like and read about HEAs, granted, children don’t mean HEA but taking possibilities just because is so... disappointing
furionbeauty chapter 60 . 12/4/2020
I realize I’m 8 years late in reading this story, but I wanted to say that this has been the absolute BEST work I’ve ever read.
I’m not exaggerating when I say, that this was a privilege to read. In fact now that I’m done binge-reading it, I’m going to read it again.

You’ve taken amazing existing characters and raised the bar on their development and story arc. You’ve turned them into characters that we can fully imagine (and sometimes identify with) with all their scars, faults, strengths and feelings.

Personally, I’ve always thought that Dumbledore was slightly mad, but that Snape had so much going on that the books and films couldn’t possibly expand on.

Keep up the great writing.
Guest chapter 46 . 12/2/2020
Me encanto este capitulo, fue muy satisfactorio... xD
sisz chapter 57 . 12/2/2020
A thing that came to mind again as the order was planning the final confrontation and that I've noticed for the last ten chapters or so is that the war has apparently turned very tame and benign for some reason. Order members walking the streets, going about their business, calmly taking their time to figure things out, the Dursleys apparently going to work and school unprotected without issue, no-one has gotten killed or abducted since the battle at Hogwarts. And that's after all the gore and torture and nastiness that was going on in the first half of the story. What happened? Have the Death Eaters suddenly converted to Buddhism and found their Zen? I am happy for our characters, but the complete lack of any sense of danger or even interest for what's going on in Wizarding Britain at large just seems strange...
sisz chapter 57 . 12/2/2020
This was a hilarious scene at the Order breakfast meeting! I love your sense of humor and I'm very happy to see Snape finally discovering his. Everyone needs a laugh in dire times, especially our favorite golden Trio turned Quartet
Gabriele chapter 3 . 11/29/2020
I re read this story after nearly 3 years and it has not lost any of its brilliance and intensity. So well written!
9,118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »