Reviews for Selling The Dream
ohh boyyy
CutesyBunny chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
whoa... nice work
nannygirl chapter 4 . 5/20/2012
Aww this was an adorable ending!

Loved the first scene with Jimmy reading to Hope—so cute! And a slightly lucid MawMaw :D Lucid or nonlucid she’s always great fun!

Next scene with the ice cream sandwiches was so awesome! The ice cream sandwiches alone were a brilliant idea! Loved hearing what Burt did for his son…although yeah the understand that the Morrison’s have is kinda…ew lol Liked Burt squishing his sandwich into goo lol

And the very end was so wonderfully done! With Jimmy running to comfort Hope and Burt carrying Virginia to the bedroom.

This was a really fantastic little story Bunny! Enjoyed it so very much! Thanks for sharing and keep up the terrific work!
nannygirl chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
Fabulous fabulous chapter!

Burt had me laughing in that first scene and Virginia’s confusion about what the heck was really going on LOL Terrific line from Burt here “clearly I am the only one in this family capable of keeping the Chance Charm properly contained." Hahaha!

Also liked how Virginia wanted Gwen to apologize while Burt was saying to drop it like Jimmy wanted. Jimmy asking Burt to make her stop had me giggling.

Great scene with MawMaw and her cookies for Sammy Davis Jr. LOL Very funny!

Aw and the last scene with the old homemovie. So cute! Loved the way it chocked Burt up too.

Wonderful chapter! Off to read the conclusion! :D
nannygirl chapter 2 . 5/20/2012
Terrific second chapter!

Great opening scene with Jimmy escaping and running out of there. Very well written! Then the bit with him and Burt, then the whole throwing up thing Haha! So could see that in the show!

Absolutely LOVED the second scene! Was in perfect character and I could imagine the whole thing! Love the little pieces you put in with Hope, the way everyone was picking her up or putting her down. All great stuff.

You did such a fantastic job in writing Virginia! I can’t decide which of these two lines were my favorite. “James Wilfred Chance I am your mother! Do you reallywant to lie to your mother in front of your baby girl?" and “Aha! Burt! There's an 'it' to talk about! Make him tell me!" LOL! Gonna have to go with both! It’s too hard to choose!

Fantastic job on this chapter off to chapter 3!
nannygirl chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Wonderful opening chapter!

The first paragraph was so wonderfully written, really summed up the show and The Chances. :D

Oh Jimmy, so innocent he is. Had to giggle at the part with him think the garage door was broken when it started closing by itself lol Uh-o that ending did not sound like a good one. Poor Burt is gonna be kicking himself when/if he finds out what happened.

A great cliff hanger though! Gotta go find out what happens next!

Great chapter once more! Off to the next!
Marla's Lost chapter 4 . 9/29/2011
"No, Maw Maw, just the baby- how lucid are you right now?"

"Eh... sixty-forty?"

"Good enough, come on, my sewing machine is on the fritz again..." *** Love how Maw Maw is so mechanically inclined - just something Virginia would pick up on - now if only the men in the family were fix-it kind of guys... :)

Jimmy looked gobsmacked. "Really?" *** I LOVED that you used gobsmack! No one ever writes that anymore and it is such a colorful word!

"Jimmy..." Burt said sternly, "Remember the sleep training stuff?"

"Oh, right..." Jimmy said, twitching.

"Dada! Pwease, Dada!" came pitifully from the room, and Jimmy fidgeted, looking down and blinking.

Burt kicked at his son's shoe. "Are you made of stone, man?"

"No... jell-o." Jimmy said, racing back towards the bedroom. "Daddy's coming, baby!" ***** Jello - how incredibly sweet! You portrayed such a caring and loving family without being mushy about it. They are the kind of family that lives down the street - the family that watches TV together - a closeness that doesn't need explaining.

Great job Bunny! I enjoyed every chapter.
Marla's Lost chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
OMG - I almost choked on my coffee I was laughing so hard: "... Burt sighed, putting a hand on top of Jimmy's head. "Okay, okay... were her tits that bad?"

Virginia held her hands over Hope's ears. "Okay, what happened?"

"Mrs. Morrison tried to show him the goods, got a little aggressive with the boy." Burt sugarcoated. "But he came out and puked, figured they musta been unsightly."

"They were all right, I can puke on command." Jimmy admitted. "Weak gag reflex, but that also means it's harder not to throw up at some things. I just wanted to go home. I was kind of embarrassed. And a little in pain, she has sharp teeth." This was hilarious! Loved Burt's fatherly concern about Gwen's bosom not being "enough"

Maw Maw to smack his hand with a wooden spoon.

"Ow! Damnit, Maw Maw!" he groused, rubbing his hand.

"Those are for Sammy!"

"Sammy who?" Burt grumbled.

"Sammy Davis Jr., of course! We have a date, and these kind of cookies are his favorite, so you make yourself scarce tonight... he's gonna be mycandyman..." I LOVE MAW MAW SCENES - LOVED THIS!

Ahhhh...the old pull-my-finger father/son bonding..." Video Burt smiled, picking him up in his strong hands and lifting him to the low ceiling before setting him down and holding out his finger. Baby Jimmy pulled, and they both laughed. Virginia turned to look at Burt, who looked all choked up in his chair...

Bunny - this was a great chapter - I'm still laughing and look forward to your next escapade in this story!
Marla's Lost chapter 2 . 9/26/2011
Jimmy, are you sick, or did you just eat something out of that machine at the gas station again? Cause I need to know if Hope needs to stay in our room." ** OMG - that was a freaking hilarious line!

"Aha! Burt! There's an 'it' to talk about! Make him tell me!" Virginia crowed. Love how you made Virginia come alive "it" - great verb(?) -

This was a very funny and enjoyable chapter. Thank you.
Marla's Lost chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Arghhhh! How could you stop it there? I'm loving this! you have Burt's character perfectly and Jimmy's semi-innocence written so wonderfully...chapter two please!