Reviews for Rumours
Bobbie chapter 11 . 8/4/2012
I'm posting this with my phone, otherwise I'd be a little more prolific, but this fic is lovely. The style is pure in its simplicity, and the characterizations are true. Off to read some more of your stuff.
SketchyJawa chapter 9 . 7/31/2012
Great chapter. I'm frustrated by Dani's continued bitter behavior, but it's -exactly- the way she would be. So kudos on that. Loved the car-shopping. And the fact that Crews noticed Dani's fascination with that one car...and that was it for him. That was the car for him. LOVED how you didn't totally play up the fact that Dani's Mom would've been at Crews' feet for saving her daughter. She just mentioned it once, but it was heartfelt. Very realistic. (Probably because Dani coached her on it beforehand, which makes total sense.) Dani's second thoughts on her escape from Crews after their night together: Awesome. Two thumbs way up.
SketchyJawa chapter 8 . 7/29/2012
I have been remiss in writing you a review. You are so in tune with the characters in this show. I can literally see what you write on the tv screen (in my head of course). And that is an amazing feat. I am so impressed with your writing. Do not EVER doubt your ability as a writer. I'm not finished with your amazing tale, and I relish taking my time with it. I just finished watching this wonderful series and was looking for a continuation of Crews and Reese's story, and I've been so delighted with your story. Thank you so much for your obvious hard work. So impressed. :)
jjgeraghty chapter 11 . 7/17/2012
I really liked this story!
gabielel chapter 11 . 6/9/2012
Fantastic. :D
AerynsFallen chapter 11 . 5/7/2012
Such a good story...loved this show and was seriously disappointed when it was canceled! Thanks for the story...always believed Reese and Crews belonged together and you told their story so well!

-Aeryn
IrkDevine chapter 11 . 2/4/2012
Hi! I have been slowly reading this story (due to my horrible laptop) however I think it is well written and enjoyable to read. Well done and I hope to read more from you
Amethystars chapter 11 . 1/27/2012
I loved this story. The characters were very true to themselves, and you created an interesting case for them to solve. I particularly liked Dani's comment about being on a cop tv show. Thanks for a fun read!
silversurf4 chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
Ahhh...it's over, but it ended so terrifically. I especially enjoyed that post meltdown she and Charlie toasted and tossed their drinks and then collapsed into bed together. No sex, just comfort and kissing - so sweet. The shower scene was a nice interlude and I was surprised as Dani to find she just enjoyed being cared for by Charlie. It was lovely.

The bit with the journal and Rayborn showed me that no matter how much she softens with Crews, BAMF Dani is still there and still has the chops to menace convincingly. Figures she wouldn't sign the damned form - who would really? Tidwell and Stark were nice additions and the banter about CSI and cop show was priceless. Loved the PDA at the end and it was the cherry atop an ice cream sundae of a story. I'm off to read the new one...but sincerely enjoyed your tale. Hope you'll write more and thanks for sharing.
GhostWriterLost chapter 11 . 1/17/2012
Nicely done.
silversurf4 chapter 10 . 12/26/2011
Loved all the fun stuff in this...Crew Sr, Ted and Olivia meeting up in the kitchen to have a row the morning after...Charlie helping Dani out of his crazy life and then the incident with Jack Reese. He deserves her hate, but it's not hurting him is it? It only hurts her. She can't let it go, but she needs to - to pour it down the drain like the vodka/water toast.

Choices...those we make, those made for us, those we fret over even when fretting can't change what's already happened. The universe dealing us a bad hand and laughing at us while we attempt to make something of it. I can honestly say your tale is varied and made me examine a whole host of concepts - I loved the layering, the textures and the concepts you introduced. It makes me both happy and sad to know there is only one chapter left, but then that's Zen isn't it? Both a yes and a no at the same time...
silversurf4 chapter 9 . 12/26/2011
This chapter was more subtle than I'd expected. I had to read it three times to catch the nuances of the softness with which you expressed their physical coupling. It seemed shy and unsure, but then that's right for them. Their emotions outpace their ability to express them. That she nearly left and came back, but he knew was perfect and her hesitance, unsureness and fear are a testament to the seriousness of purpose in her choice. i may read this chapter again for things I missed, but it's lovely and sweet without overreaching.
GhostWriterLost chapter 9 . 12/1/2011
Two scenes here made me laugh -

- the first at the idea of Dani Reese voluntarily filling out an official form declaring she and Crews were in a relationship. Yes, these sorts of forms exist, i just cannot see Dani following the rules enough to fill one out. "None of their [insert expletive of choice here] business!" is far more her style.

- the second when Crews comes to dinner. This passage in particular cracked me up:

"Nonetheless, throughout the meal Haleh kept eyeing them with an expression on her face that Dani knew all too well. It was the same expression that appeared on her mother's face when only one more word was needed to finish a crossword puzzle. There was a muted concentration that meant she hadn't figured it out yet, but that she was close to the solution."
silversurf4 chapter 8 . 11/7/2011
Another lovely update and I have to echo the sentiments of several other reviewers when they say how much your rich and textured tale makes me miss this show, these characters and their constant push/pull.

My favorite bit, this go round, had to be this..."Crews was a yes and a no at the same time. Testing her and not testing her, aware and oblivious, there and also not quite there. Crews was a life she could have and it would be better than the existence that passed for a life that she currently had.

Was she willing to give Crews up as a partner to gain him as something else? Yes and no. Did she feel the same as he did? Yes and no. Was she ready for this? Yes and no. Yes and no. Yes and no. No was still ahead in the polls, but yes was gaining ground. Yes, she wanted to kiss him and find out how he tasted. Yes, she wanted to feel his skin hot against her. No, she didn't think it was a good idea."

Dani likes and loathes the idea she can't seem to get past. Her Freudian verb tense problem is amusing, as if she can get Crews out of her system. Family dinner? Interesting... I'm still hooked. Please don't make me beg for an update...
g-loring22 chapter 8 . 11/6/2011
Dang! This is good, this is sooo good. This makes me happy and sad all at the same time (like the show). Happy because Life lives on. Sad because it reminds me that Life has in fact ended. Like Dani I haven't cried in forever but it makes me want to cry when I think that NBC actually cancelled this brilliant/beautiful TV show. And also like Dani, it's cancellation makes me want to shoot some one. Sigh. Thank you, thank you thank you for this. I miss Life and Charlie and Dani SO much, you've reminded why. Can't wait for more.