Reviews for Ten Weeks of Summer
Jessica314 chapter 10 . 11/17/2014
I think it was very decent of Alice to present Bella with map of the U.S., and not the world! It's a good thing Charlie's around, or she would really be going off the deep end! I wonder how much trouble Bella could get herself into on a visit to the space station...

Colorado is the perfect choice. But of course Bella got altitude sickness. Why wouldn't she?

"It's all going to be FINE, I promise. Why doesn't anyone believe me?!" -best line from Alice, AND famous last words LOL! Just like when Edward keeps saying, Do you really think we would let anything happen to you? HA!

The horseback riding was fun! Not something we get to see often in FF, so I'm glad you decided to let the horses be calm. You know, I wonder... since Jasper's gift is physical, and not psychic, do you think he can influence animals? Like, is he keeping the horses calm? I would hope not, because that would mean he would feel their emotions to, which would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the new diet for him... never mind. I'll go with your "well-trained horses are calm" theory :)

It's too bad that gas station didn't have any T-shirts that said "Edwards" Bella could have just added an apostrophe!

haha! Is "Bella Bridesmaid" really a store? I almost can't blame Alice for getting overly excited. But she was definitely out of line with the whole wedding thing! How awkward! It's too bad Jasper's such a pushover when it comes to Alice- he really should have intervened there and saved Bella a lot of embarrassment.

OH, Alice. "I promise I won't mention anything more about marriage..." (three seconds later) "Can I still be a bridesmaid?" :)

Uh oh... birthday party coming! I've decided that since the tone of this ten-week story is happy and mostly angstless, that it's the interlude between Twilight and Forever Dawn, not New Moon. No icky foreboding that way :) Thank you for a great story! I loved how you involved all different characters and settings in this one.
Jessica314 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
"no unscheduled trips to Arizona."
"or any other state. or country." haha! Best line, if a little sobering! I can see Charlie getting a little nervous at this familiar situation! it would have been funny if he was like "You know what? I'll come watch too." It would have been so funny to see the Cullens obliged to play at human speed! Poor Emmett...

Aw! That was such a sweet idea to let Bella have a turn! I especially liked how it ended up being a little Jasper-Bella bonding, with him even leaning in closer for a conspiratorial whisper. I'll just pretend the birthday stuff isn't going to happen, just so this can be nothing but sweet :)

I've always thought it was a little unfair of Edward to blame Alice for not seeing things on time. It's not like he doesn't have unrestricted access to her visions, same as her- and he know, better than anyone, how they work. I think I noticed a little trend throughout the Saga in which Bella sort of trained Edward to treat his siblings a little better- or is it my imagination? (excluding, of course, the whole pregnancy war)

Nice chapter! I've been pleasantly surprised at how disaster-less this whole summer collection has been. Even the sick!Bella one didn't involve a fever or a hospital admission! :) Nine down, one to go...
Jessica314 chapter 8 . 11/16/2014
That was a nice, relatively painless visit! I think it went very well.

*snort* Renee offered advice about marriage... yeah. :)

I liked how Renee had seemed to mature slightly since the last time they were together- leaving Bella free to be the kid this time. That was nice :) And it was nice to have a little Phil, as well, to round things off.
Jessica314 chapter 7 . 11/16/2014
Aw, how adorable is this? This was exactly what I needed today. I thought for sure Edward was going to show up and get all hover-y but I like how it ended up being just Bella, Esme and Carlisle. And even though they hate to see Bella feeling ill, I think they have to be enjoying this "human experience"- they've never gotten to really "take care" of their kids before like this. (except during transition I guess... not really the same!)

It was so, so sweet how Carlisle sat beside Bella and rubbed her hair for a long time. Yep, I think he and Esme are both bursting with doting-parent love today :)

I love the sweet conversation that Bella and Esme had. Without Edward and the others around, Bella's more free to be herself without the sarcasm- not that she's not cute that way, but I love to see her speak so plainly about how she feels about everyone. And also to acknowledge out loud the "fairy-tale"ness of her and Edward's love.

"Don't go all Edward on me. You can't feel guilty for things that you can't control."
"I can try. You'll find I'm very good at it."
"oh, I *know* where he gets it from. Like father like son."

-aw, best lines! And so true, I'm sure! I think this is probably easier for Esme, since as the *mommy* she has lots of little things she can do for Bella. Carlisle can just sit there and feel useless (or rub her head)

I so loved this one. Thank you for the perfect snuggly fic for a sick day :)
Jessica314 chapter 6 . 11/15/2014
I'm surprised Charlie went for it! Though of course they spend ample time alone for things to *happen*, even if one doesn't know that he's in her bed every night LOL! I love Charlie's little parenting-energy spurts.

I enjoyed the normal human dates. With all the drama in the Saga we never get a chance to breathe and see this kind of stuff. And I'm very impressed with Bella for not injuring/impaling/losing/etc herself on the trails!

Go Bella, at the end! It was a valiant effort to have Edward and Charlie together for dinner, and even more to say what needed to be said. I'll cut Charlie plenty of slack, though; running away on a moment's notice doesn't exactly inspire trust in one's maturity or wise choices. Charlie's "congratulations" was adorable :)
Jessica314 chapter 5 . 11/15/2014
Aw, this was nice surprise, to go fishing with Charlie. (sort of LOL)

I can definitely see Bella rolling her eyes at Edward's grammar and punctuation while texting :) He's probably grating his teeth every time he reads her texts haha!

Bella's so cute and pitiful at the end. "I missed you ALL DAY."
Jessica314 chapter 4 . 11/15/2014
Hooray for time with Carlisle! :) I'm glad you had him escape the conference so we could have him around more. It's so cute to see him try to rein Alice in.

I wonder where the Scotch went? I imagine Carlisle is a food-hiding expert by now, but that's liquid!

Nice play, Bella! Giving Alice a shopping goal (the short and bathing suit) so she doesn't go overboard on her own designs :)

Aw... I'm glad Bella finally let Alice see how much she's enjoyed the trip, and how much she loves spending time with her. I know she likes to whine, so it was nice of her to tell Alice that.

Hahah! I love Carlisle muttering at the ER show. I wonder what he would think of House, or Doc Martin?

Aw, thank you for this chapter- all the fluff and Daddy!Carlisle was just what I needed today. Well, that and a peppermint bath, coming up shortly...
Jessica314 chapter 3 . 11/15/2014
ew. I can't even imagine how Deet smells to a vampire. Though, I guess I see the reason for being overprotective in this case: mosquitoes are making her bleed a tiny bit, and then carrying her blood around in circles in the air. Probably not helpful.

Bella's right- we've never really gotten to see the Cullen "kids" relax like this before. Of course, it's not long before Carlisle and Esme get dragged into it, as well. And Emmett and Carlisle wrestling in the water... awww :)

Well, no major disasters on day 1... so far, so good!
Jessica314 chapter 2 . 11/14/2014
I love the little mention of how Bella and Jasper's awkwardness has resolved a bit. She's attentive enough to realize how to read eye color- which I'm sure Jasper appreciates. (minus the foreboding, of course)

Jasper just winked. This is the best line, because, because... *swoon*

I wonder if Alice's "secret" to breaking in the boots involves running a couple hundred miles overnight. ha! I loved the "yes, definitely ankle support" vision!

Something about Mike following Jasper around the store just makes me want to laugh. I'll bet it was one of those "can't I please kill just *one* of them?" moments.

Oh this is going to be good... Bella plus camping equals a disaster-in-waiting!
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
I'm very excited to begin this story, because I don't think it's one of the ones I read last year! :) I've been saving it till almost-last. (Exposure gets the coveted last-read)

Carlisle is *so adorable* in the beginning here. I swear, I love him more every time he appears in your stories. Eek, paper cut foreshadowing!

"Edward smiled at her and Bella instantly forgot why she was annoyed." I'm terribly curious (because I'm too lazy to thumb through Breaking Dawn, which I've only read once) Does this dazzle-defense still work when she's changed? Because if not, Edward might actually have to develop communication skills.

*sigh* There you go again, teasing us with those silent Carlisle/Edward conversations. I don't suppose you'll tell me what it was about?

HAHA! I didn't realize they were in the hospital this whole time! I thought it was the "Carlisle's office at the house"! Riding on Edward's back through the halls is classic! :) So much for a low profile!

I love the idea of Esme staging the kiss and the "just here to meet my HUSBAND" visit at each new location. She's such a good sport about... everything!

Aw, this was a sweet afternoon! Nice and sweet and quiet. And I'm curious as to Edward's whispered "forever" here at the end. Does that mean he's considering it already, per head canon?

Lovely beginning. I can already tell this one is going to be one of my favorites.
EmilyF.6 chapter 10 . 9/1/2014
This was such a lovely story! i loved reading as you filled in the gaps between Twilight and New Moon. Thank you so much for writing. :)
favludo chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Lovely! Carlisle and Esme are the best parents ever!
supermangageek23 chapter 10 . 11/4/2012
This was really fun to read, your a great author
belleveloso chapter 10 . 10/15/2012
good story
Kristin04 chapter 7 . 9/25/2012
I'd continue to read right now but its 1:13am and my vertigo (seriously) is kicking in and my meds for that haven't kicked in yet. I've enjoyed it thus far but I haven't finished this chapter yet. I'll con't sometime tomorrow. As always, I encourage you to keep moving forward in your endeavors.