Reviews for The Philosophy of Self
Deb.23 chapter 20 . 12/28/2015
The ending was anti-climatic but i cried so much during the last few chapters that i could barely bring myself to care. I was crying so damn much... Though there was absolutely no way Gai wouldn't have come to callenge Kakashi. And there is no way in hell Madara died because of Kyuubi in his four tails when Orochimaru could easily handle him when he was very weak... like near death.. seriously...
MindYourMind chapter 20 . 11/29/2015
Well done! This was gripping, devastating, and beautiful. I was exclaiming out loud at the most moving passages. Gah, you captured the emotions roiling in both Uchiha brothers so well! One of the best Naruto fanfiction pieces I've ever read. Thank you so, so much for writing and sharing this.
cloystreng chapter 20 . 11/14/2015
I just read this story in one day, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/14/2015
... Yup, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's Itachi. Holy shit.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/29/2015
Beautiful
Rat-Man chapter 20 . 9/16/2015
Wow...I never saw this coming! Well written and well delivered! Characters were themselves and the story was fantastic! Please, write a sequel. Not just because I am greedy but because this ending was a bit abrupt and seemed to invite more. Plus, I want to see what happens next.
Lil' DeiDei chapter 20 . 8/20/2015
Wow. That was well-written. I enjoyed what I'm interpreting as Itachi-Sakura moments. I enjoyed the beginning confusion of determining who was involved. I'm also always happy to see Madara die. :)
Onokiyo chapter 20 . 7/13/2015
"It broke him that it was his hand that had ended you."

The truth broke him.

Sakura's speech to Itachi was incredibly astute, and not like her. In canon, she was never able to understand Sasuke and it's kind of hard to believe that she'd prevent Itachi from getting Sasuke back. So her calling Sasuke weaker than Itachi was jarring. Although she was respecting Sasuke's wishes to sacrifice himself for his brother, it seems that Sakura too easily let Sasuke go.

I didn't feel any sort of closure regarding Itachi over his brother's death. It just happened. Maybe the talk-no-jutsu would have made more impact if it was Naruto or Kakashi but I could see why Sakura was the logical choice.

Your story's idea was really interesting. Itachi and Kakashi were really well done and in character. I just couldn't feel that much about them though.
Onokiyo chapter 19 . 7/13/2015
I have to confess, the way Danzo and Madara died was anti-climatic.

The premise of this story was great, but somehow I wasn't so emotionally attached to the events of this story. When Sasuke was discovered to to be dead, it didn't really effect me, even though Sasuke is my favorite character. His sacrifice left me a positive impression of him, though.

Only one chapter left. I'm waiting for some great big reveal.
Onokiyo chapter 18 . 7/13/2015
Ack! So it was Sasuke (in Itachi's dying body) who performed the eye surgery? I'm having a gruesome image of Sasuke taking out his (Itachi's ) eyeballs and inserting it in Itachi (in Sasuke's body) sockets.

Wait. But if Itachi had really died and Sasuke performed Toukan Koukan then how did Sasuke perform the eye surgery? Or he might have performed the eye surgery beforehand, Itachi's own eyes into his socket, burnt Itachi's body as a funeral right and prevent it being used by Madara and Kabuto, then performed the life exchange jutsu.
Onokiyo chapter 17 . 7/13/2015
Hmm...if Itachi and Sasuke perform Touka Koukan on each other, theoretically they could both live, taking turns sharing Sasuke's body maybe days at a time.

Love how the events turned this way. If Sasuke knew a jutsu that could bring back the dead, he'd probably use it, even at the cost of his life, to get back Itachi, even if it means having to give up on revenge on Konoha.

That's why it was always strange to me that Sasuke, an apprentice of Orochimaru, hadn't first tried to find a way to resurrect Itachi. (This is the world of Naruto afterall. Where a villain could resurrect an entire village of his dead victims. *facepalm*) His goal had been to revive the clan after all, so he would have taken stock of any resurrecting jutsu that Orochimaru knows.
Onokiyo chapter 16 . 7/13/2015
At first, hearing the zetsu clone chastising Itachi, who he taught was Sasuke, gave me hope that Sasuke is actually alive.

But reading Sakura's theory, that Sasuke's running away from Madara had something to do with Itachi being alive, dashed that hope.

And the scene at the end, confirmed it.

Darn.

But who toasted Itachi's body? And why would Itachi in Sasuke's body gain EMS upon seeing the corpse of who we assume as Sasuke stuck in Itachi's body? Unless this is actually Sasuke who has Itachi's eyes already (but dunno why his vision would be clear) and so, upon seeing the dead body of Itachi, his eyes went straight away to EMS.

Still hoping that Sasuke is actually alive in all this, though.
Onokiyo chapter 15 . 7/13/2015
I wonder if it was a part of Madara's plan to have Itachi, in Sasuke's body, captured by Konoha. I bet he was gunning for Itachi to be executed, fueling Sasuke's hatred more.

Sasuke and Itachi's paw print collecting book was cute! As unlikely it happened in canon. Itachi wouldn't have brought his brother to their storehouse, but no other explanation exists on how Sasuke found it.
Onokiyo chapter 12 . 7/13/2015
I like how you've done Sakura's monologue, echoing a part of what Itachi must have felt.

I can't help but think that Sasuke might have died, if his and Itachi's body were switched. Perhaps, Madara is only keeping it for the eyes?
Onokiyo chapter 9 . 7/13/2015
"I'm sorry, I wasn't strong enough for your expectations -"

"It was an order. The Uchiha Massacre was on orders."

I'm getting excited! That was unexpected, Sasuke apologizing to his brother for being weak. Did he know something?

And the silence followed by chaos! Can't wait for the mystery to be revealed.