Reviews for The Philosophy of Self
NatNicole chapter 20 . 11/27
HOLY CHEESECAKE, this story is pure AWESOMENESS! *gapes, then giggles hysterically* The plot, the characters, their interactions, the writing... ALL of it is better than canon; words cannot describe how AMAZING this fic is!
Ea chapter 16 . 10/31
*dies* Amazeballs
Ea chapter 9 . 10/31
*SREAMS*
Ea chapter 8 . 10/31
ahaha, I love were we are going
Ea chapter 6 . 10/31
Awesome
Ea chapter 5 . 10/31
Love it
TheMysterySolvrz chapter 4 . 10/9
Yep, that's Sasuke's body with Itachi's memories.
Verdantia Akalixi chapter 20 . 6/14
Best. Itachi story. Ever!
biiiiiiiiihiiiiiiii I can't believe this is the end. No, whyyy? I can't handle it, I'm gonna cry.
Demon King Piccolo chapter 20 . 5/28
I particularly liked the first part of the story, though that’s due to me being a sucker for such mysteries. Came the second part, I was less satisfied with a lot of things.

The main issue is that I simply couldn’t jive with the characterization of Itachi. Really, it’s hardly your fault so much as the canon’s. I simply couldn’t empathize with him as a ‘good person’ because his actual actions were horrific and prolific, and it had a measurable/significant negative effect everywhere.

The dialogue in chapter 20, in particular, just had been reading with a sort of detached surrealism. Like people were pointing to a cat and telling me it’s a dog.

Honestly, you did a far better job with him than the manga did, but it was pretty futile for me…which is a shame as I think a significant part of your story depended on readers sympathizing with Itachi. After all, the story is center around him.

Still, for what it’s worth, I thought the story was an enjoyable read, despite the issues I’ve had with it. I read it from beginning to end without stop. So thank you for writing a fine story!
Alibi Nonsense chapter 20 . 4/23
That was brilliant. That was fantastically, utterly, gorgeously brilliant and I'm glad I read it. I wasn't expecting the ending, though, I have to say. I thought Itachi would go through with his plan. It's one of those that you think there'll be a bitter-sweet happy ending, but that there are so many options as to what that could be, and you don't know the author's writing enough to know what will happen.
That, however, was awesome.
Thank you.