Reviews for Charcoal Sketches
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Wow, that was so achingly raw and beautiful, I loved it! :D

I really like how you portrayed Olivia's slow remembrance of Peter, not only through the drawings but her emotional reaction. A lot of works that I've read give her a much more positive emotional reaction. In this you've got her screaming over a face that she can't remember - I like that; I like that confusion and chaos that's breaking her apart and when she finally does remember it's so overpowering that she cannot help but scream.

Brilliant (and the blue chalk for his eyes as a trigger was great!)

CP7
WalterWalternate chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Really lovely story. With so many talented writers and great ideas out there, someone is bound to come up with something similar to what actually happens in the series. I really like this one because it uses the hidden talent that Olivia either never shared or developed because of her consciousness sharing with Bell.

Using a charcoal sketch was a nice touch because by nature, using charcoal can make the image be imprecise, not quite definable and lacking in sharpness. That is exactly the state of Peter's existence in Olivia's memory and what makes it so maddening. I especially like that she kept all of her work and that it evolved over time. That kind of reminded me of Richard Dreyfuss' obsession with Devils Tower.

Thanks for sharing. I quite enjoyed it.
findingyouagain chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Loved it! Great descriptions!
angellcakes23 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
This is so good! I havnt watched 4.01 yet but I will today! I can't wait! I think I will get up right this second to watch it! Even though it's 7:30 am lol.
CoffinWood chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
I can totally forgive procrastination with offerings like this. Beautiful!
Dixiegirl256 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
"The light blue piece of chalk sits like a drop of ocean against the foliage of soft plums and electric oranges on the backdrop of the rug."

Love this!

I really like the way you picked up on Olivia's artistic ability as a way to get Peter out of her head. Can't wait to see where you're going with this! Great start!
None chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This is fine and dandy except you *should* be workin on trapped. I wanna sleep at night you know.
CorwinOfAmber chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
I love it. Thank you for publishing.
Elialys chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This was fantastic! Loved loved loved what you did with the idea of Olivia drawing him, it was very intense. Great work, thanks so much for sharing!

*Elialys*