Reviews for Rain on the Scarecrow
Medic04 chapter 8 . 1/6/2012
Sorry I took so long. I've had the flu for the second time in 3 months.

Loved Jenna doing all the research. It was perfect. Got their first go at digging a grave, not as fun as they thought.

I'm on the fence with the ghost. I'm not sure if what Jenna's feeling relates to why Ruby want's her, an empathic ability or the ghost preying on her somehow. Dieing to find out!

Mishamigo chapter 8 . 1/5/2012
Hey nobody died in this chapter, not even redshirts! :D So Jenna did a pretty decent job on her first hunt, even if it was a ghost of the non-lethal variety. I read this 2 days ago on my cell but decided since I got the new PC I should put it to work to let you know I am enjoying this fic. I actually signed in! OC's are awesome if you get a good backstory for them and you are really showing who Jenna is here. Can't wait to get into the meat of your Trilogy Part Deux. TTYL!
cornev chapter 8 . 1/4/2012
Very curious to know what that was all about! It didn't seem to affect Bobby and Marcus...at least not like it affected Jenna. was that just her compassion or something more? Nice peek into Jenna's family history - didn't know (or remember?) that she was adopted. Is that going to play a part in the future? Being a vessel runs in the blood so... So some pretty good sleuthing for the rookies so far, and gotta love chaperone Bobby :)
Medic04 chapter 7 . 12/15/2011
Geez that was seriously intense! Loved it. Like how you made John a bastard. I never really liked him much anyway. Love the tension. Go Bobby! I always loved him for the way he treated the boys. He never backs down. Great chapter!

Mishamigo chapter 7 . 12/14/2011
Yay, new stuff! Did I ever tell you how much I love reading fics with good grammar?

Go Bobby! Notice Jenna and Marcus both automatically sided with him? even though John is more their trainer and seargent right now. Considering what happens, John is both 100% correct and a total douchebag for what he said. You're not exactly painting the pretty side of Papa Winchester in this one, are you? hehe, awesome.

I like what Bobby said to Jenna at the end - acknowledging that physical fighting isn't going to ever be her strong suit but that she can still contribute and be a hunter and that it boils down to hunters looking out for each other. That's so Bobby. That's what he did best, look out for all the other hunters - not just Sam and Dean (though mostly Sam and Dean).

So I'll bet you're surprised to see a review from me - lol :) Ciao for now.
cornev chapter 7 . 12/13/2011
That was an intense scene! From Dean's panic to John's panic to Bobby standing up to John for Sam then bringing Jenna and Marcus right into it... Man do I love the way you write Bobby (I miss him already!- but I'm not counting him out just yet). And Garth! You brought Garth into it! I loved Garth. Great job.
cornev chapter 6 . 11/27/2011
Oooh, John is one cruel SOB! Talk about a hard-a5s! I wouldn't want to be trained by him. Poor Jenna. And she's going to have to come down from the tree eventually - hopefully John doesn't pull out a pellet rifle first! :)

Nice touch with the phone call to Dean - lovely little insight to the Winchester drama and great way to keep them in the story. Almost over? That's NOT a bright side - I'm enjoying this little sidestory.
Medic04 chapter 6 . 11/26/2011
I could see John doing just that. Beating them to a bloody pulp trying to get them to change their minds.

LOVED how Jenna got one over on John. Well actually two. And the fact she had a way out planned. I'd pay good money to see John screaming for a chainsaw to cut down the tree XD

cornev chapter 5 . 11/8/2011
I almost forgot about Bobby's dog! Bunker-building apocalypse-preaching nut job ... awesome. That was a great talk between John and Bobby - about Jenna and Marcus but especially the insight into the Winchester situation. I like how stubborn Jenna and Marcus are, camping out in Bobby's yard LOL! :) Great job!
cornev chapter 4 . 10/28/2011
They found Bobby! Hoorah! Let's hope John's not with him - since he'd be pissed!

ha! Totally been the victim of that 'accidental graze'with the gear-shifting thing :) And since God is 'completely indifferent to sexual orientation', I'm pretty sure he'd feel the same way about skin colour lol! I'm liking Grant but he just seems ... fishy, a little too nice maybe? Jenna seems to have the insanely bad luck of the Winchesters so I'm suspiscious that he just 'happened' to pick them up and break down outside Bobby's...Hmmm...divine intervention?
Medic04 chapter 4 . 10/27/2011
I see what you mean about Bobby and John not being impressed at being found. Sheer dumb luck. I'm positive they aren't going yo be happy about it either...

cornev chapter 3 . 10/19/2011
I am going to have to start checking my email more often now that you're posting again!

I love the way you have developed ther relationship from an almost childhood-crush-being-realized type thing to a deep, mature, grown-up relationship. A soulmates kind of thing. Marcus just seems to really get her.

Very interested to see what happens when they find John and Bobby, though I have a feeling it may be more of a case of John finding them...?
Medic04 chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
Great! I'm loving getting filled in on the back story. Can't wait until they catch up to Bobby and John.

cornev chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Holy crap! That was so freaking intense! Damn good writing! That whole attack scene was an insane frenzy from start to finish. This chapter started out so sweet and romantic and then BAM! - the real iron Angel comes out, lol!

Love the gore. You can't really do zombies without some decent gore and you certainly filled your quota and then some! Uber-slimy ... nice one :) You nail Bobby so well, as usual, and great job on John! Love the last line.

PS S7: I miss Cas already :( But at least our boys are in fine form :)
Medic04 chapter 2 . 10/6/2011