Reviews for Opposite Poles, Equal Partners
misshastix chapter 1 . 3/11
This story was amazing! :)
azzule chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Your words made me physically react, not just in tearing up, but that gut-wrenching feeling I desperately wanted to avoid.
This is my favorite one-shot, ever. Thank you.
electrictwizist chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Right now, you're watching me write this review, but you don't understand the amount of FEELINGS I'm about to have about your writing. Okay. So.

First: the references. Considering the fact that my television show used to be Gilmore Girls can in effect tell you exactly how much I love this. None of the mentions don't make sense within the narrative of the story, which is great. Another thing that made it hurt especially is the fact that you balanced each section with Rachel and Quinn. Only, with Rachel, it was connected to Broadway and every line she had made me giggle and sigh with feelings, but each Quinn section made my heart want to explode.

Also: the line about how they both love Titanic killed me. Because Rachel of courses loves it for the sweeping drama but doesn't really get that the story is really less about the romance and more about Rose's identity in the romance, and for Quinn, she's the same way because all she can see is the fact that there's a young rich woman who almost found happiness and even though she avoided the tragic ending, she still considers knowing brief happiness then losing it MORE upsetting than the "real estate" ending and I just.

FEELINGS I JUST.

THE WAY.

UGHHHH.

YOU JERK ONLY I LOVE THIS. So. 33
your.kat chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Oh, this was delicious. I particularly liked the Humpty Dumpty metaphor over the last two sections. Wonderful Faberry-but-not.
ficdirectory chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Wow - I love this one, too! So great to have insight into their background! I love how they are so, so opposite. And how attention is always drawn to that, throughout, from their younger days, on. Great job, once again!
AstridUN chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This was just amazing! I loved the references, and you are such a good writer!
counterpunch chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Just about every other line was achingly lyrical and beautiful and made me gasp.

I hate you a little bit, but only in the best possible way.
Kai chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Amazing...
Floorplan91 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I have no words, this is seriously awesome, all the references and comparisons. It's a shame I read this piece just now, very well done. Sad, but that's I like 'em :P
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Apparently I haven't commented on this, but this is a glorious one-shot.

I really don't have any eloquent words to express how much I loved this story & how amazing it was. Thankyou, it was spot on & insightful & just really completly heartbreaking from top to bottom in a way that makes you love reading something so beautiful, but hoping you get happy feelings back.

Prefect!
bookworm1880 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Hi. This actually made me physically tear up. I'm not really sure why. So I'll just start listing what I liked.

The RENT references were beautiful. I laughed for a good minute at the "she can chart her sexual education and awareness of popular culture by La Vie Boheme alone" statement, and then laughed harder when I realized that in many ways that could be applied to my life as well.

I also greatly enjoyed the way you seamlessly intertwined Sunday in the Park with George and pointilism and then applied them both to Quinn and Rachel's lives and how they intersect. You have my immense respect for creating a metaphor with so many layers.

Finally, even though I'm a english/history nerd, the math metaphors fit perfectly. I would have never though that different types of math could be used as smoothly as you did to refer to differences between characters. Fantastic job.

I think what really made this story hit home, however, was the very distinctive voice that you held throughout the entire thing. Rachel's sections are described from an omniscient narrator, whereas Quinn's are described from inside her head. The blithe commentary on Rachel's life connects nicely with Quinn's cynical, self-depreciating honesty that comes from somewhere so deep inside her it seems like her unconscious thoughts have somehow gained the ability to speak and be heard. Between the two sharply contrasting commentaries, something about the emotion of the piece hit me right in the heart.

All in all, incredible work. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
smashintoyou chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Okay. It makes me kind of sad that if you hadn't left me massively awesome reviews on my own fic that I would have never found this one-shot you wrote. With all honesty, it's one of my favorite things I've read on this pairing, although, yes, they're not quite paired here,

You're such an excellent writer. I just need to get that out of the way right now. I love the way you wrote this. I love how you went through their separate experiences and brought them together...never quite meeting. I keep looking for a favorite part to bring up but so much of it was excellent. Let me just try.

I was already completely in awe in the first few lines starting with "Quinn is already sure that, whatever this is… she probably won't grow out of it." that whole thing...perfect.

There's that excellent parallel when they were 13. Rachel got a party. Quinn got a nose. It kind of broke my heart.

When you discuss Rachel's falling in love with musical theater. From the learning about sex from Rent (I adored the line about her asking her father what sodomy is) to her seeing Lea Salonga and realizes that she can actually have that for a job one day.

Loved the different reactions to the painting. Oh and Titanic as well. I'm truly astonished when I say that you can give us so much with so few words. You nailed the Quinn characterization. Okay, you clearly nailed moth of the them but the Quinn characterization had me taking noted over here.

Okay Santana's "it sings" needs to be mentioned. Excellent.

While I loved everything but the end of this was incredible and heartbreaking and perfect. It might be my favorite , I don't know, 16 lines of fan fiction.. I don't know what else to say about it but... "Close enough"...just kill me. I can't tell you enough how excellent this was. I am truly failing at being articulate at all here, but wow. I'm not even joking when I say that I think this might help me write my own story.
chris chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
So after reading your new story I decided to read some of your older ones and I really cannot understand how i've never read this fic before...it is simply beautiful and heartbreaking...just um,thank you for sharing this!"But the thing about parallel lines is,they never actually 's kind of banking on that to be honest" - favourite lines!
gveret chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Aw man, this was wonderful. Rachel's and Quinn's points of view paralleled perfectly. I loved the references. Quinn was tragic and Rachel was... big. And your writing is descriptive and flowing and packs a nice punch.

Loved it. This is how I like my Faberry.
KelseyO chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Oh my god. This is fantastic. I was sucked in throughout the whole thing, but that ending was BRILLIANT.

Also, I cracked up laughing at the image of Rachel singing "Out Tonight" while twirling around the poles of her four-poster bed. Nice touch )