Reviews for The Seventh Thing
hervissa chapter 7 . 12/16/2012
I sometimes hate Roddy and sometimes feel sorry for him...in this case it's the latter :) Oh yeah, it's not an easy job to be a Bellatrix's husband... :D
FeyFaerie chapter 7 . 3/27/2012
Can't believe I actually enjoyed a story based around a dratted Miley Cyrus song, but nice job. :)
MadHatterBellatrix10 chapter 7 . 3/24/2012
I'm wondering if the inspiration for this came from 7 things by Miley Cyrus? Anywho great job Gamma, you always capture perfectly the way Bellatrix is in every mood and state of mind she's in, something many have a hard time with.
Mittenzs chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
Aw! Sensitive Rod!
Mittenzs chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
this actually makes me feel bad for Rod.
Mittenzs chapter 2 . 1/7/2012
aw :(
Mittenzs chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
this whole thing is just brilliant
Mittenzs chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
lmao. I snickered, but then I felt bad for Rod at the end.
InventorOfFirebolt chapter 7 . 12/10/2011
shakes head sadly I've always felt a bit bad for Rodolphus, having a nutter like Bellatrix for a wife. And this story made me more confused and sadder than ever. Thanks :P
missus brokkenbroll chapter 7 . 11/26/2011
This is sick. But in a way that makes me love it. I totally understand Bellatrix - which I never have done before - and how... Frustrating it can be, when someone doesn't hate you and they have every reason to and that just drives them closer to you and it's almost sickening, the love they have for you when you just don't care for them. Or... something like that. And if that wasn't what you were going for, it's what I got out of it, and the execution was very good. This story intrigued me from the start, because Rodolphus is interesting the way you portray him. I know one of the reviews said that your Rodolphus seemed over-the-top, and they cited the way that he stared blankly during his trial in Goblet of Fire, but that honestly sealed it for me. We don't hear much about him after the breakout, just about him prior to the first downfall of Voldemort. I feel like Azkaban, while driving Bellatrix mad, broke him. I feel like it would, and I feel like the character you've made him out to be would retreat inside himself. I definitely felt a strong connection and understanding of these characters, which is always a triumph when it comes to drabbles. Finally, I have just one question: Is this based off that Miley Cyrus song?
fin du globe chapter 7 . 11/14/2011
...honesty. Honesty. Reviews must be honest. But oh God, I hate it when I have to be mean (especially to people I don't know). Please don't think I'm flaming! I'm just trying to point out some things in your story that don't seem quite right, then maybe you could improve it, which is the whole point of a review, right?

Bellatrix doesn't seem... rational. I mean, even though she's unstable, we know she's capable of rationality. It was said that she married into the Lestrange family to uphold her family traditions. I seriously doubt she would... insult and hit her husband, even if she knew she could get away with it, firstly because that's the whole reason she married-tradition, suppose her parents (were they still alive) found out? And even though they're dead, their beliefs should still be instilled into her, right? And why would she want to injure her fellow Death Eater?

And I can't really imagine Rodolphus Lestrange crying over that kind of stuff. During his trial for torturing the Longbottoms, he only 'stared blankly' throughout. He doesn't seem like the emotional type, but I guess we'll never know, so maybe it's possible.

And another thing, Bellatrix sleeping with Lord Voldemort? Whyyyy? The Dark Lord doesn't love her! And they all seem too busy for physical relationships anyway!

And the ending seems a bit... cliche (oh god, I'm so mean!), because a lot of stories like that end like that. But I guess that's the only way to end it on a slightly... lighter? note.

But I think their relationship is portrayed otherwise accurately, that Bellatrix doesn't care what her husband thinks. And I do like the sort-of ambiguous air of the story, like how Rodolphus doesn't understand his own wife, it emphasises how their relationship is pretty bad, and how strange Bellatrix is (I suppose she is strange, since she is insane).
BellatrixLunaRiddle chapter 7 . 11/12/2011
Loved it! Well Done :)
sweaterweather21 chapter 7 . 11/8/2011
Way to finish it off:)

First off, I like the fact that we don't really know what Bella's in a rage over. It could be that she's feeling guilty (about being with Voldemort, being a bad wife, anything really-it's Bellatrix!), or maybe Rodolphus just said something she considered stupid.

My only complaint is that I can't really see why Rodolphus still loves Bella. You give many reasons to hate her, yet he still doesn't. Ah well, I suppose it's sort of ambiguous. I suppose Rodolphus is just one of those characters I don't really relate to.

Anyway, I really liked this story, great work, can't wait to read more from you!
Amazon Star chapter 7 . 11/8/2011
Brilliant! I love it!
WeasleySeeker chapter 7 . 11/8/2011
:'( so saaaad. But beautiful.